[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys, I'm getting sick of this. I'm trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
Alright guys, I'm getting sick of this. I'm trying to run Project M with the Hackless version and with an ISO converted to WFBS (or whatever that type is). I'm using USB Loader GX to load Brawl and get the error message for no SD codes found for RSBE01.gct. I changed the ISO type to 249, turned Ocarina ON, and Hook Type to AXNextFrame. It's still giving the error:

sd:/codes/RSBE01.gct does not exist!

I had to change IOS to 36 in Multi-Mod Manager to install the WADs in the first place. I downloaded the cheat file through the cheat update in the settings of USB Loader GX. Looking on the SD card there is a textcodes folder. Then I made another called codes and put the initial code plus made a copy called RSBE01.gct.

It still won't work. Can any one help me? I've been trying to run this all night.

Thanks in advance.
>>
project mistake
>>
bump

Please help. My mom's dead.
>>
>>333579659
Hahahahaha that's funny.

So actually I have my own pm problem. Whenever. Start up pm from homebrew it'll take me the initial play screen, once I hit play it takes a while then takes me to vanilla brawl.

I read somewhere that changing to an older boot file might help. What do you guys think?
>>
>>333580476
Try having a dead mom, that didn't change anything.

Dunno what to tell you, I am still trying to figure my issue out.
>>
>>333580798
Yea I just wanted to put my question out there just in case anyone responded.

Unfortunately it's a PM thread and everyone just wants to ignore pm
>>
Whoa, I was literally just wondering if there was ever PM threads on /v/

never understood why so many hate it. IMO it's what Brawl should have been, a true Melee 2
>>
>>333579105
> I downloaded the cheat file through the cheat update in the settings of USB Loader GX.

Incorrect. There should be a .gct file provided with your Project M download. Check all your files and make sure you have it.
>>
>>333579105
Last time I checked, you HAVE to have a Brawl disk to run Project M through Gecko.

Any USB/SD loaders will NOT work.

I don't know if that information is true anymore.
>>
>>333579105
I'm not necessarily familiar with your method since I never messed with running PM from an WFBS Brawl. Try using Configurable USB Loader instead of GX or maybe look into WiiFlow.

If all else fails, you can look for an iso compiler/builder for 3.6. It takes the PM files and combines it with an original Brawl iso into a custom iso. It turns the iso into a "plug and play" instead of going through homebrew or one of the loaders. If you do that, you can jus convert the custom iso into a WFBS and run it that way with any loader so all of the PM stuff will boot up instantly.

>>333581635
They come and go. Someone is trying to start the biweekly tournaments again like we used to have some months or year ago and whatnot.

>never understood why so many hate it
It is/was the biggest Smash mod to exist and it's the one that people, those who care about mods and those that don't, will recognize. This makes it a large target for shitposting. Not so much people can't dislike it, but outside the few people with actual criticism about it, most of the reasons given are generally nonsensical just to incite a reaction.
>>
>>333582501
>Someone is trying to start the biweekly tournaments again
Where can I find more info? Hell I'd be down to host some of them
>>
>>333581635
To be fair, some PM fans did kind of jinx it for some back when the mod was under development. That is not to fault them entirely, there's plenty of shitposters who just want to stir shit up and it just so happens around the time where Smash 4 is a thing.

Great mod indeed, even for casual play, it's a shame some will skip out on it. It's like the Brawl equivalent of Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and I can't go back to vBrawl whatsoever afterwards.

>>333582359
USB Loaders can run Project M through a Brawl ISO, be it a modified one or the mod files on the SD card. There's a few settings for the USB Loader that needs to be adjusted.

I've only ever used Gecko to help run the mod through Dolphin via the virtual SD card method.
>>
From my endless experience with this, there aren't any reliable console iso builders for pm (only netplay ones for dolphin). Running it on a wii requires the actual disclosure and either the 2gb SD card vanilla way, or the Homebrew way.

There is however a good iso builder for 3.5, if you aren't taking this to any tournaments.
>>
File: idle1.gif (430 KB, 215x159) Image search: [Google]
idle1.gif
430 KB, 215x159
>>333583016
I second this.

I've had similar experience after trying to build a Legacy M Iso with failures all around.
>>
>>333582602
Here was one of the links I ran into not too long ago.
http://challonge.com/revivalofvpm2

If anything, it gives you access to the resources and builds that everybody should use to connect with each other.
>>
>>333580476
My friend loads up PM from stagebuilder. I dont know if this is universal or not.
>>
I fucked something up on my Wii U or something, because I haven't been able to run Wii or GCN games in vWii at all. USB Loader GX will display the games, but clicking on any Wii games won't display the banner or anything. If I try to load the game it just goes back to the menu/loader.
>>
Fuck off. No one is giving you an iso. oh and git gud and play melee
>>
Fuck I haven't played project m on an actual wii in so long. I play through dolphin every weekend (btw project kapedani is the best 3.6 pm out there).
I only remember putting the brawl iso on my external wbfs drive, loading up USB gx whatever the fuck it's called. Then you have to change the settings around for the SD codes to apply. If you're having problems, probably try a 2gb SD card or mess around the settings a bit. If nothing us working, just look up a tutorial and literally do everything over. Wish I could help you a bit more but I haven't used an actual wii to play project m in years.

Time to upgrade anon and play through dolphin. 1080p x8 internal resolution 60 fps with 4 players. It's really the only way to play smash now and I found it a bit easier to get mods and other builds.
Anyway, check out kapedani's 3.6 pack. It's a little more enjoyable than regular pm.
>>
>>333585738
Oh, I just remembered. Try checking the the folder paths in the USB loader. They might not be set to the SD card. Sometimes it will change the folder path to USB instead of SD card. Good luck op.
>>
>>333579105

.txt code files aren't the same as .gct code files

Anyway, the proper .gct should be in the P:M download
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.