[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/romancin g-saga-2-coming-west-sma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: vita means life.jpg (68 KB, 631x559) Image search: [Google]
vita means life.jpg
68 KB, 631x559
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/romancing-saga-2-coming-west-smartphones

Just fuck my shit up forever senpai.
>>
>>333578917
SHUT THE FUCK UP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>333578917
Neat. I was thinking about buying a controller for my Galaxy, too.

What are you guys mad about? Isn't this game not even in English yet? I can never keep track with the SaGa series.
>>
>>333578917
Player sprites look odd, but getting something SaGa localized after over a decade means i'm buying this
>>
Not even mad.

Would still look like a soulless rpg maker game even if it was on the vita. The tileset is shit.
>>
lol, they're not bringing over the Vita version.
>>333579054
It has a fan translation but yeah, it's never officially been released in English before.
>>
>Romancing Saga 2 is coming-
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA
>Smartphone
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>333579289
Where at? None of the ones on RHDN are finished

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=translations&genre=&platform=&status=&languageid=12&perpage=20&title=romancing&author=&transsearch=Go

>>333579319
Is playing a turn based RPG on a phone really that bad?
>>
>>333579289
>It has a fan translation but yeah

Not 2. 1 got a translation last year, 3's had one for a while. 2's translations have barely gotten past menus and a few other things.
>>
>>333579462
>Is playing a turn based RPG on a phone really that bad?

If it is by SE yeah. Expect it to be broken by the next update.
>>
File: 37465730.jpg (130 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
37465730.jpg
130 KB, 600x800
This is like a bad April fools prank.

But it's real. What the fuck. This is some Monkey paw shit.
>>
>>333579759
I nabbed FF2 for my phone and it played pretty well from what I could see.
>>
>all the vita whiners on twitter

I can't imagine any of them have actually played a SaGa before
>>
>>333580991

Considering how niche the system is, I'd be willing to bet there is an overlap between Vita owners and SaGa fans.
>>
>>333581161
SaGa fans should be more happy to actually get one localized again. Like this wasn't even on my radar at all as a possibility. It was scarlet or nothin
>>
>>333580991
The will when SaGa 2015 (working title) is released exclusively for Vita.
>>
>>333581341
Would Square even localize that shit? They didn't even bother bringing Adventures of Mana to Vita in the west, but they released it for iOS/Android here.
>>
>>333581487
Of course they will. Every SaGa game since Frontier has been localized. If they localized Unlimited Saga, they'll localize this.
>>
>>333581487
They trademarked the name of the vita one in Europe last year.
>>
Neat that we're getting a localization for a game that wasn't in English yet, but it sucks that they won't bring over the Vita version.

>>333581341
It's called SaGa Scarlet Grace now.
>>
File: saga_ii_ds_conceptart_f2W2k.jpg (141 KB, 535x600) Image search: [Google]
saga_ii_ds_conceptart_f2W2k.jpg
141 KB, 535x600
>>333581487
So far Scarlet's only been announced for Vita

>>333581637
>Every SaGa game since Frontier has been localized

Nah nigga we've missed out on all the remakes. And the two social/browser ones which are how SaGa's been living for the past several years
>>
>>333581864
Wow, I forgot about the SaGa 2 and 3 remakes and I literally own them. lmao.
>>
What's wrong with paid turn based games being on smartphones? I understand disliking action, racing and other real time games where touch screen control actually hinders the gameplay, but turn based games should work pretty well and UI at times may be even superior.

Also, you realize that current smartphones are stronger than both Vita and 3DS?
>>
>>333582695
monetization.
most successful mobile games do have monetization of some sorts.
actual regular games like "buy and play" - never turn in profit in mobile games.
so what you can expect is gameplay being hindered by microtransactions, so game will be built around making players want to waste money.
it is not good gameplay design
>>
>>333582695

It's not a matter of touch controls (though even for a turn-based game, I'd prefer to have buttons) but rather a case of I can't use my phone for games because that shit drains batteries like a motherfucker and I need to use my phone for OTHER SHIT.

That's why I don't game on FUCKING phones. Maybe I'm just a special case, since I have an excuse to actually bring handhelds with me places, but I don't want to waste all my battery on my phone when I SHOULD be able to play a fucking game on my Vita! I literally can't waste my phone battery on games that are going to drain it quicker then damn near any other app!
>>
>>333583023
This is a buy to play remake, there won't be any microtransactions unless they bring over Imperial saga
>>
>>333583110
didn't realized it was already out in JP.
Good then. Still - it will not sell simply because western mobile marked doesn't buy these type of games.
That means less chance of future localizations.
that's why people mad that there is no Vita release cause that one actually has core market which buys these games.
every game feels better to be played with actual buttons instead pressing shit on screen
>>
>>333583023
When has SE ever done this with their ports? The reason they charge a premium up front is because they don't shoehorn in micro transactions in to their old games.
>>
>>333583023
>actual regular games like "buy and play" - never turn in profit in mobile games.

I'm going to call bullshit on this because companies keep making buy and play games for Andtroid/iOS.

Companies have better things to do with their resources than throwing money at products that won't sell.
>>
>>333583408
I am an idiot. Please disregard my shitty posts
I thought it's a new entry in series.
Tho SE is really bad with their ports for all other reasons, see FF sprite work.
>>333583780
Name more than one which is Monument Valley.
DS ports don't count
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.