[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanted to get either spirit tracks or replay ocarina of time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 800x728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 800x728
I wanted to get either spirit tracks or replay ocarina of time but on 3ds since i never tried it yet And I recently got a 3ds.

How is spirit tracks? Worth passing up ocarina 3D?
>>
>>333578332
Spirit Tracks is a decent game but it's pretty bad compared to other Zelda games. I'd still pick it over OOT3D personally, but that's just because I fucking hate OOT.
>>
Zelda makes the best partner challenged only by Midna.

Also 10/10 soundtrack.
>>
It's a comfy game, I enjoyed it
>>
It's a cute an somewhat fun game.
But OOT is OOT and unless you hate it for some reason there is not a lot of good resons to skip over it for ST.
>>
File: 1457621465744.png (122 KB, 540x353) Image search: [Google]
1457621465744.png
122 KB, 540x353
>>333578779
>tfw the official soundtrack version of the tower of spirits doesn't have the amazing buildup
fucking disgraceful, they should be ashamed
>>
>>333578332
one of the most underrated Zelda games, but i can understand, after how awful PH was.
>>
Does spirit tracks have that same asstarded control scheme that phantom hourglass used?
>>
>>333579009

It has some slight changes, but it's mostly the same touch-screen based controls.
>>
File: 1434776977478.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
1434776977478.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>emulating PH on DeSume
>blow into mic to blow out these candles
>Mic hotkey doesnt do shit
>>
SPirit tracks is real formulaic, but has some great writing. The concept of a New Hyrule without the old gods or triforce is interesting, if you're a lorefag
>>
I liked it more than Phantom Hourglass because you didn't have to deal with the boat but Phantom Hourglass has a superior final boss
>>
Better than ALBW. I'd recommend it if you want a very "standard" zelda
>>
I heard the dungeon designs were awesome and Bosses were highlights. I sort pf like how that sounds
>>
i liked Phantom Hourglass more than Spirit Tracks

trying to remember who is where and who needs what type of goods just got tiring for me by the end

both solid games
>>
File: why....gif (847 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
why....gif
847 KB, 500x375
>>333578332
>playing spirit tracks

It's one of, if not the worst in the series
>>
>>333578332
Phantom Hourglass had better music in some cases and a better final boss. It also had a pretty good companion

Spirit Tracks has good boss battles, a great but simple story, Zelda as a companion who actually helps out, and pretty good dungeons

The issue with both are the controls, but you can still get used to them
>>
>>333579443
Epic, just epic :^)
>>
>>333580414
No, ALBW is the worst
>>
File: 1401046051026.gif (178 KB, 212x327) Image search: [Google]
1401046051026.gif
178 KB, 212x327
>>333580503
>ALBW is the worst
You're... joking, right? Nobody actually thinks this, right?
>>
>>333578332
Personally, I'm guilty of not having played a lot of the handheld Zelda games. The DS ones are the games I least look forward to playing because they look like they're gonna be terrible. I would go with OoT 3D but, as you can see, I have a bit of a bias.
>>
File: a fucking demon train.png (426 KB, 773x589) Image search: [Google]
a fucking demon train.png
426 KB, 773x589
>>333580503
ST has
>zero exploration
>shittiest "warp" method in the series
>every dungeon feels like it's 3-4 large rooms, 1 per floor
>still used the touchscreen exclusively
>spirit flute duets
>pic related

About the only thing it did good was having Zelda as a partner
>>
>>333580691
>Copy/pasted overworld
>Half the bosses are barely more than reskins
>Terrible, tiny dungeons that are sorter than even twilight princess
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.