[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of No Man's Sky? Do you think it'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
What do you guys think of No Man's Sky?
Do you think it'll be successful?
Are you going to buy it?
>>
It won't be what they claim its going to be but it'll probably still be decent

yes

maybe if it goes on sale at some point
>>
When you reach the center of the galaxy and fly through the black hole that diamond shaped ship in OPs image shows up and tells you that you have completed the experiment and you can either chose to continue to fly around the galaxy or wake up.

Turns out the whole thing was a simulated experiment to study the nature of man conquering nature and the good/bad choices you make along the way.

Now you don't have to play it.
>>
>>333576958
>now you don't have to play it cause I made a baseless claim

Hey dude don't play the next Mario, all you do is jump
>>
i think that no man's sky will do exactly what it says on the tin: generate infinite worlds that differ only in what garish color scheme they choose

i also think that people will be pissed off about no man's sky because they think it promised more than that
>>
>>333576580
It's a scam when open world self-generated terrain fad was on the rise thx to Notch.
It won't succeed or i hope it won't.
Nope and stop shilling it you fat fuck. Let the fad die out.
>>
way too much hype

never going to live up to that
>>
I don't know what to thing because it seems that there isn't enough content.

Yes because it's hyped, so they'll probably get a shitload of money. Probably people will get bored after 1 month, but autists theoretically can play this game forever.

Maybe in a sale, gonna try it before since there's a drm free version on gog.
>>
>>333577179
This
This gane is spore 2.0. Exept if that spore was exactly what the devs said it was going to be.
>>
>>333576580
It's way overhyped by people that think they're going to be literally exploring this game for the rest of their lives. I hope it will at least be better than elite dangerous
>>
>>333577443
a month? you mean a week right?
>>
>>333576580
>Do you think it'll be successful?

The company, if I remember correctly, has 10 total employees and relied mainly on its algorithm to make the universe. So it probably has a rather low cost compared to other $60 titles. Combine it with the hype and I'm 100% sure it will make a profit.

Without mods, which I don't know if this will allow, to me it seems obvious things will get boring after 15-20 hours. But do you think reviewers will play that long? Probably not, so it will get mostly good reviews further adding to the hype. It will probably be profitable day 1.

>Are you going to buy it?

I'll wait until it's on sale. It looks interesting but repetitive so I'll wait until it's on sale for like $20.
>>
>>333577215
Minecraft got all glitchy and fucked up if you went to far from spawn. This game will apparently be nearly infinite.
>>
>>333577532
Probably, depending on the rng quality of planets.

I read some article this week where the developer said some beta testing nerd decided to roleplay as a miner and all he did in the game was collect minerals and sell it to the aliens.

I mean, people can do that, or explore the infinite number of planets. I'm hoping for at least 60~80h without getting bored to call it successful.
>>
>>333577871
>if you got too far from the spawn

Yes, trillions upon trillions of blocks away is when it gets glitchy.
>>
>>333577253
Or everyone could think it sucks now and then love it when it comes out. There's barely any hype with No Man's Sky. I never here anyone talking about it. That being said, I do think it would be better for people to start playing with low expectations. That is always better. Everyone's insanely high expectations ruined BvS, ultimately proving hype is cancerous.
>>
>>333578259
You're simply wrong. It easily got glitchy for me when I got about 2,500 blocks away from spawn. And I do have a bulky pc to handle it.
>>
18 quintillion planets...18 QUINTILLION.
>>
>>333578259
Yeah, my dog couldn't follow me, no animals, insane lag.
>>
>>333578259
try it for yourself
>>
>>333576580
No mans gonna pay $60 for spore 2.
I wont be anyway.
>>
>>333576580
>What do you guys think of No Man's Sky?
spore 2.0
>Do you think it'll be successful?
thanks to hype and idiots - of course it'll
>Are you going to buy it?
for a few bux year down the line in bargain bin
>>
the 2010s colossal spore-esque failure
>>
>>333578524
>18 quintillion planets...18 QUINTILLION.
And still no gf
>>
>>333578757
>>333578757
>>333580007
>spore 2 meme

*upvotes*
>>
>>333582038
>implying it isn't
>>
>>333576580
I think the devs were pretty honests about what's the game about and /v/ just somehow assume they're assholes for not wanting to do another forgettable space MMO
>>
>>333582498
Yeah I remember all the space travel, the resourse harvesting, the interactive NPCs, space battles in Spore
>>
>>333582959
they are all there tho.
along with huge galaxy to explore.
>>
>>333583070
Yeah but the way theses mechanics are implanted are completely different, since in Spore you're in charge of a civilisation and in NMS you're alone. People who throw the Spore 2 memes just are too newfag to remember that Spore's issues was, amongst others, the cut content, so unless NMS devs also go through that road, the comparison with Spore is moot besides on the setting
>>
>>333583548
someone never build UFO in Spore.
there is also another similarity
procedurial content, a lot of promises which will result in underwhelming delivery
Why do you think they don't show actual gameplay? Just few allowed by them bits over and over again. Not even 30 min sessions journos were playing were allowed to record.
Cause people will see how shallow this procedural generation is. Novelty of finding something new will fade in mere hours
>>
File: 1453088393920.png (23 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1453088393920.png
23 KB, 500x294
>>333577475
>>
>>333583740
>a lot of promises
Like what? What did they promise?
>>
>>333582959

You can't be this dense right
The point of the Spore 2.0 joke is that Spore was also a game that had big grand ideas that ended up not delivering, not that they're 100% the same in mechanics and gameplay
>>
>>333584292
>Like what? What did they promise?
basically everything they say is a promise cause there is no visual evidence of that being in the game and actually working
every game feature basically
>>
It looks pretty good desu. I'm more worried about Doom being a disaster because I'm semi-commited to getting it with a few bros
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.