[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is this so OP? It's basically a free pass through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (4 MB, 3000x2044) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 3000x2044
Why the fuck is this so OP? It's basically a free pass through the true arena.
>>
>>333572129
Plasma was OP in Super Star Ultra.
All you had to do was block which negated most damange, build power while blocking and shoot.
>>
File: 1289128912.png (498 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
1289128912.png
498 KB, 600x601
>>333572129
I found Leaf to be OP for the True Arena since his block with that ability seems to be invincible in Triple Deluxe.
>>
I just got triple deluxe haven't played a kirby game since Nightmare in Dreamland on the GBA why does kirby feel like he is running slower also what are some cool powers
>>
>op
>free pass
>not stone
anon...
>>
>>333574278
ice
>>
>>333574406
The ability that offers you a free death if you accidentally use it over a gap and that you have to walk right up to the enemy in order to use it?
No thanks.
>>
>>333575365
Way easier to use than arrow. Don't do it over a hole then. Learn to use dash stone.
>>
File: gMx7MGm[1].png (148 KB, 277x440) Image search: [Google]
gMx7MGm[1].png
148 KB, 277x440
>>333572129
I think abilities like Archer, Stone, Leaf, and Ice are meant to be free tickets to completing the Arenas safely. It takes ages, though. If you want to talk legitimately "overpowered" we can talk about the best ability
>>
>>333576416
>Way easier to use than arrow.

???
Archer's free invincibility is instant, has no endlag, and you can damage bosses from across the screen instead of having to get right on them. How on earth could you ever claim stone is safer or easier than Archer
>>
>>333573943
Archer has the same total invincibility thing, except the abilities attacks actually do damage and have range unlike Leaf.

>>333576416
>Way easier to use than arrow
Fuck no it isn't. Archer is retard proof. Stone requires that you get real close to your enemy and be very careful to avoid pits.
>>
>>333576729
Because it is? You need at least some semblance of competence to use archer, while stone doesn't. It'll take longer but it's way safer and easier than archer.
>>
>>333572129
PLANET ROBOBOT COPY ABILITY ROUNDUP (updated 2nd April)

We're at 26 out of "more than 25" copy abilities, and 11 out of "more than 10" Robobot Armor modes!

Beam*
Crash
Cutter*
Fire*
Hammer
Ice*
Mike
Parasol*
Spark*
Stone*
Sword*
UFO (amiibo-locked)
Wheel* (Armor mode, Wheelie spotted)
Bomb*
Fighter
Jet* (Armor mode, Capsule J2 spotted)
Mirror
Ninja
Smash Bros.
Leaf
Whip
Archer
Circus
Doctor
ESP
Poison

*Armor modes
>>
>>333576829
I found archer way harder to clear it with than stone. Constant invincibility is a fair trade off for a retard deciding to use it over a pit.
>>
>>333576856
>it's way safer and easier

Literally fucking how? Archer is exactly as invincible as Stone except it's long-range.

>>333576993
Archer has the same invincibility ffs
>>
>>333576729
Dude who gives a fuck it's a kirby game for crying out loud. Stop acting like this is some broken meta for a fucking competitive eSport.

You wanna see broken? Play with literally any power in kirby 64 the crystal shards. It's absolutely stupid the things you can do. Does that make the game any worse?
NO. IT'S A KIRBY GAME. It's supposed to be comfy and somewhat abusable.
>>
>>333576829
>Archer has the same total invincibility thing, except the abilities attacks actually do damage and have range unlike Leaf.
Does it? I never realized, but then again I'm not into range-based abilities. Also I prefer Leaf's damage with the Up+A, it's decently strong and can be used quickly.
>>
>>333577047
Like I said, archer is faster, but you have to semi-competent. Stone has invincibility with every attack and is incredibly easy, dash stone and giant stone do ridiculous damage. (As does archer, but you aren't invincible while using charge shot).
>>
>>333576993
Nigger, Archer gives you constant invincibility too, and without any windup, and without any risk of falling into a pit doing it, and with an attack you can do from invincibility at minimal risk.
And when you leave invincibility, you have a powerful projectiles that can be aimed virtually anywhere on screen and does decent damage when fully charged, and a dash attack with a decent amount of invincibility frames.
How the fuck could you not destroy every boss easily? Victory has been handed to you on a silver fucking platter and you're having stone-tier troubles taking it?
>>
File: Hell yeah, motherfucker.jpg (50 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Hell yeah, motherfucker.jpg
50 KB, 400x300
>>333576932
>mirror's back

Any footage?
>>
Do you think ESP will have a Yoyo or bat attack? Looks Nessy.
>>
>>333577353
There is zero risk of falling in a pit if you pay attention, the same amount to aim arrows. Sectonia soul and the toad gave me trouble as archer. I never had time to charge the shots for soul. Stone let me wait it out and attack for good damage while invincible.
>>
>>333577264
>Dude who gives a fuck it's a kirby game for crying out loud. Stop acting like this is some broken meta for a fucking competitive eSport.
Somebody claimed something that I think is wrong, my man, I'm allowed to argue
>>
>>333577047
>bush
I mean yeah it's good, but Stone's whole thing is invincibility. The ground dart in the bush isn't very useful.
>>
>>333577619
I took virtually no damage the whole time and lost archer at sectonia soul part 1, then at part two the bitch ate through an entire bar of health, good thing I had the maximum tomato saved
>>
>>333577317
>dash stone and giant stone do ridiculous damage. (As does archer, but you aren't invincible while using charge shot).
You aren't invincible while moving to a position where stone can actually hit anything, either. This is the bit you're ignoring, flying over bosses is potentially risky.
With Archer, you can sit back and fire damaging arrows from afar, and if there is any danger ever, you just turn invincible.

>Sectonia soul and the toad gave me trouble as archer. I never had time to charge the shots for soul.
I don't remember having any trouble.
>>
>>333577757
>but Stone's whole thing is invincibility
Yeah, and it's one-upped in this area by an ability that fires powerful long range projectiles.
Pretty fucking sad, but that's how it is.
>>
>>333577832
>>333577972
Stone is literally cheat mode though. It's invincibility overkill. Archer is more useful if you don't want to wait to strike with stone, but stone is slightly safer. It isn't really one-upped in terms of safety and the way it's impossible to lose.
>>
>>333577463
On the subject of OP abilities...
>shield that doesn't take chip damage
>reflects projectiles back at enemies
You can beat entire bosses by holding R.
>>
File: bcx_02[1].jpg (836 KB, 900x1161) Image search: [Google]
bcx_02[1].jpg
836 KB, 900x1161
>>333577463
Nope, just this
>>
>>333577785
Yeah, the tomato really saved me a few times. Especially when I was using bomb.
>>
Fun Fact: The Archer's Camouflage is actually only semi-invincible. There are a select few attacks that will still hit you, though you can see most of them coming from a mile away.

Leaf has total invincibility, though (except against the crystal-smash Sectonia uses on you, which is a scripted attack anyway).
>>
>>333578136
The invincibility is mostly identical in terms of utility. All Stone has over Archer here is being able to be invincible in the air, which is only all that useful if you're in a vertical shaft and your destination is the bottom, since there's a forced really fucking fast drop to go with it.
>>
>>333573713
>not mirror
>whose block makes you LITERALLY invincible
>and has highest damage output besides ufo
son, learn to fucking GIT GUD
>>
>>333578420
Ok
>>
>>333578486
>GIT GUD
>by using a cheap ability

unless you mean "git gud" at selecting cheap abilities
>>
>>333578486
Pretty sure Mirror still gets fucked by things like Meta Knight's tornado attack, or Marx's black hole and bigass laser, or being grabbed by anything, though I never use the ability because it's boring as fuck to use so I could be wrong.
>>
>>333576416
Spoken like someone who has literally never used archer
>>
>>333578486
>Mirror
>highest damage output

Yeah, I love mirror, but I'm pretty sure that's not true. And UFO isn't even in KSS, is it?
>>
Wheelie Rider with a second player is most OP ability.

You cannot deny.
>>
>>333578740
I used archer exclusively the whole game (with a few uses of bomb). I only used stone in true arena.
>>
>>333577619
> never had time to charge
You're retarded
You hit charge on soul when she's teleporting and fire when she uses her wind blades

Pyribbit is a garbage boss for all powers but you can charge whenever he's not doing the pillars, fire breath or lick attacks
>>
>>333578756
>And UFO isn't even in KSS, is it?
It isn't.
>>
>>333579067
Yeah I'm retarded, I agree. I could never figure out when she was going to stay materialized.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.