[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your most memorable gaming moments. The first time I went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
Post your most memorable gaming moments.

The first time I went online to play ChuChu Rocket.
>>
>>333571570
I fucking love Chu Chu Rocket! Still play it every now and then desu
>>
Great tastes OP. No one talks about this game here.
>>
>>333571570
How does it emulate? I've been meaning to emulate DC games for a long time now but all the emus seem shoddy.
>>
>>333571570

The dreamcast was truly magical experience. I'd stay up all night playing PSO online with people.
>>
>>333571925

OP here, it emulates fine, you just might have trouble finding the .ISO. Try checking a site like coolroms.
>>
File: bg03.jpg (35 KB, 430x275) Image search: [Google]
bg03.jpg
35 KB, 430x275
Keeping the DC nostalgia going strong.
>>
File: bg02-000.jpg (90 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bg02-000.jpg
90 KB, 480x360
Another great game I loved playing at night.
>>
>>333572331
>xmas tree

what?
>>
>>333573174

Sonic adventure had Christmas dlc.
>>
File: j7pnxm8qy1s8jqoczoit.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1218) Image search: [Google]
j7pnxm8qy1s8jqoczoit.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1218
>this
>>
File: 250px-SMBDX_Boxart.png (141 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-SMBDX_Boxart.png
141 KB, 250x250
Got this as an Xmas gift with a Blue GBC when it was new.
>Someone later stole the game boy out of my folks car when we went to the mall.
>Wolfchase Galleria got progressively shittier as the years passed.
>Fast forward to 2016. They don't even have an arcade anymore.

>>333572331
A nice older dude (I was about 9) let me borrow his DC and I played Sonic Adventure all the way to completion. '01-'03 were such good years with stuff things PSO, SA2B, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Sunshine, etc.
>>
>>333573917
Is it on the Steam version or DC only?
>>
>>333574142
>this fight on hard time attack in the PAL version

just fuck my shit up famalam
>>
Fucking around with Wii Sports when it was new, making miis that looked like homeless people and having hobo deathmatches in the boxing game.
>>
>>333572037
This entirely.

I thought I was cool as hell being 11 years old and playing with teenagers.
>>
File: Punisher_game_cover.jpg (45 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
Punisher_game_cover.jpg
45 KB, 300x424
Playing through this for the first time ever. I was literally astonished by how brutal some of the takedowns and interrogations were. I was also really freaking obsessed with the 2004 Tom Jane movie so getting to play the game with his voice acting was amazing.
>>
>>333572037
>>333576593
>tfw you didn't get to play online until there were private servers on gamecube
>tfw PSO is still the only online console game you've played
>>
>>333572891
Haven't played it in years but still get the music stuck in my head from time to time.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99 KB, 960x720
When I finally got Pokemon Blue to be emulated on No$GBA after like a week of troubleshooting, I faked sick the next day to stay home from school to play it.
>>
>>333577313
Does No$GBA predate VisualBoyAdvance?
>>
>>333577313
what year was this? I don't see the point in staying home to play pokemon on an emulator, especially of you couldn't get it to work right away. you could probably get the old cartridge and a gb for <$20

>no trading
>no playing in class/on the bus
>dat keyboard
>muh nostalgia

delete this
>>
File: large.jpg (47 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
47 KB, 320x288
>>333574315

Man I loved this game and all the hidden levels. Also reminds me of this childhood gem.
>>
>>333574315
I remember the hidden coins. Cool game.
>>
>>333577701

Yes it was the first GB emulater. This was roughly 20 years ago. No$GBA was a DOS program at first.
>>
>>333571570
Love the ipad version of Chu Chu rocket
>>
>>333575354
All of the DLC for Sonic Adventure was only for Dreamcast. For some reason it was never carried over to the other versions. Some of it was Dreamcast specific though.

There was DLC for things like Christmas, Halloween, Y2K, the Dreamcast launch, and a few other promotions.
>>
I remember playing my first online game in Mario Kart DS. My brother managed to set it up for me since I wasn't at all familiar with the internet settings.

It was pretty fucking cool seeing some of the icons on there.
>>
>>333579691

Snaaaaaaaaking
>>
>>333572331
>xmas lights join to the road
uguu
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 260x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 260x332
>Playing wind waker everyday after school
>got the strategy guide because it was my first Zelda and some things were esoteric as fuck
>hung the map poster from pic related on the wall right next to the corner I would play
>Actually used it to plot courses, plan a route, and find specific islands like a real map
>felt like I was really on an adventure

Good times
>>
Finding those first secret warp pipes in Mario Bros when 5 yo when I was just playing for 30 minutes. Years later, playing Sonic & Knuckles when it was out and reaching Sky Sanctuary with Sonic. Then Doomsday.
>>333571570
I was late. When I tried to play Chu Chu Rocket Online there was no one there. Then the online died months later.
This is one of those games that really needs a steam or whatever version with online.
>>333572037
Day and night. Phone bills fucking me up. Until the dark age of hackers that made people to add players on their guild list and passwords everywhere.
>>333575624
Some of the colossus were bullshit on hard time attack in the pal versions. Like that flying one in the sand
>>333579526
And you can still get those dlc. There are sites with them for download, or isos to play on the DC with savefiles.
>>
When i realised that my xbox 360 had a hdmi port and that the picture is better if you used it.
>>
>>333571570
Oh fuck. Forgot about my first time online with a Dreamcast.

Thanks for making me nostalgic, OP.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.