[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Still no good 3D Mario Title for the Wii U >implying 3D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: SI_Wii_SuperMarioGalaxy2.png (752 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
SI_Wii_SuperMarioGalaxy2.png
752 KB, 1000x500
>Still no good 3D Mario Title for the Wii U
>implying 3D World isn't a step backwards

What happened?
>>
>>333569038
>step backwards
It was different, not worse
>>
>>333569038
>Implying there was even a good 3D Mario on Wii
>>
>3D mario Titles

disgusting

2d is the real deal
>>
>>333569038
SMG>SMG2>3DW>64>3DL>sunshine
>>
>>333569636
barebones isometric platformers aren't that good, anon
>>
nintendo is finished
>>
>>333569038

I wouldn't say 3DW was a step backward, but it did nothing to further the series. Sunshine and Galaxy had gimmicks that actually worked (>implying, i know) but 3D World is merely good.

I would be fine with Nintendo just not making 3D Marioes for a while, which seems to be what they're kind of doing.
>>
>>333569474

>step backwards
>It was different, not worse

When Nintendo releases it in lieu of the "other" 3D style, it deserves to be compared.
>>
File: HEY.jpg (20 KB, 576x416) Image search: [Google]
HEY.jpg
20 KB, 576x416
>Step Backwards

It made actual platforming in 3D Space fucking perfect.

And it shared the god tier design philosophy of Galaxy 2 of giving you something new every level

Shit was fun as fuck, fuck you
>>
>>333569586

>ITT: It's 1990

NSMB is trash in comparison.
>>
>>333573209

People bitching about 3D World because of the style is more or less the same as people bitching about Galaxy because they pretend Sunshine was a good game
>>
>>333573356

I don't really understand this either, but Galaxy and Sunshine have a shit ton more in common than 3DW has with any of them.
>>
>>333573292

Not really

Your just pretending that NSMB is bad because it's reused more than it should

NSMBU is easily in the same league as World and SMB3
>>
>>333573440
HOL UP.
>>
>>333569038

It was a step forward. The only real issue 3D World has is it abandoned some of its experimental levels too quick and it could have used like two or three large area stages to scratch that scale/exploration itch.
>>
File: Its a me muther fucker.png (48 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Its a me muther fucker.png
48 KB, 300x168
>Step Down

Hardly

It's a design choice since they are done with Galaxy, they wanted to push a merge of 2D and 3D

and for the most part, it fucking worked

Yeah sure, it didnt have the high quality of Galaxy and creativity, but the game was still really fucking good.

Gameplay elements were fantastic and you still had a variety of areas that shows you don't need to be locked like Galaxy and Sunshine

Following the design of Galaxy 2 is kept giving you something new to do each level and barely does the same unless on purpose for a reason.

Say what you will, but this game was really enjoyable

besides, Nintendo is always going to push Mario in a new direction every gen in 3D terms and im looking forward to what NX has in store.
>>
>>333569038
3DWorld is one of the best games this gen.
>>
>implying Galaxy 1 and 2 were anything like 64 and Sunshine
>>
>>333576889
The only one out of those that's not like the others is Sunshine because it controls very differently for the most parts.
>>
3D World is a fucking masterpiece

I'm saving Galaxy 1 & 2 up for a rainy day. I haven't played them yet.
>>
3D World doesn't require atrocious waggling, so it's automatically better than either Galaxy. People who praise either Galaxy either are shitposting or have never played a 3D Mario game before it.
>>
>>333577319
>having this shit taste

On top of that if you really were too fat to move your hand every 30 minutrs you could also just get the WiiU versions which don't have the motion controls.
>>
3DW was fantastic if you look at it as a game. All the levels were really well done if you look at them individually.

mario games nowadays always seem to follow the forumla of grass world, ice world, lava world, ETC. part me longs for a game with a unifying world, like the island in Sunshine, you could literally see the other levels in the distance, I want that feeling again.
>>
>>333569038
3D World was just a console sequel to handheld 3D Land.
>>
>>333577312
Its going to be a good rainy day anon.

Enjoy yourself.
>>
>>333578068
>forumla of grass world, ice world, lava world,
except 3D World doesn't follow that formula at all
>>
File: 1457272752712.jpg (56 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1457272752712.jpg
56 KB, 450x450
>>333577312

>this comment
>this board /v/intendo central
>>
File: World Bowser Amusement Park.jpg (612 KB, 1900x1060) Image search: [Google]
World Bowser Amusement Park.jpg
612 KB, 1900x1060
>>333578068
But the actual levels were all over the place. Even then it did new tropes as well with stuff like the Japanese palaces, the African Savannah, the circus levels, etc.
>>
>>333569038
It's a step laterally.
>>
2D side-scrolling Mario games were absolutely brilliant back in the day. And they're still good fun to play now a days too.

But let's not fuck around here.

Mario 64, Mario Sunshine et al absolutely BLOW THEM THE FUCK OUT.
>>
Say what you want about the controls, and how it "perfected 3d platforming gameplay" but I really fucking hated how it felt like they designed the levels around hiding green stars than actually being challenging levels. So many levels were just running across a diorama with the occasional easy to avoid pit/enemy and only branch off a bit from that if you go for the green stars, which I did not find fun to get.

Compare that to platformers like DKC2 or Yoshi's Island, where even if you don't like going for the items/secrets the game is still fun as fuck to play, and the secrets are just bonuses for dedicated players
>>
3D world is literally superior to Galaxy 2 in every way
>>
You know what that game reminded me of? Sonic 3D blast for some reason. Maybe it was the camera angle and it wasnt a true 3D game but every time i went on with it thats all I kept thinking of. Sonic 3D Blast but with worse music and art style
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.