[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it playable on PC? I've only heard bad shit about the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
Is it playable on PC? I've only heard bad shit about the PC version but Steam says "Very Positive" reviews. What do you guys think?
>>
I have only ever played it on the pc everything seems fine to me so far
>>
It can literally run on a toaster if you know what you are doing
>>
yeah if you install dsfix
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108 KB, 532x521) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108 KB, 532x521
>>333538202
all what pc version requires is dsfix 2.4 which can be downloaded from google easily. You unlock Fps in DSfix.ini and a bunch of other shit
>>
>>333538202
DSFix and other shit if you want more stuff added. Controller requiered.
You have to lock it to 30 fps or have it at 60 and change to 30 fps for some stuff.
It's better than the PS3 version. And there's still a lot of people playing online.
>>
I've been wanting to get back into DaS since I never finished it, but I couldn't stand the 30 fps.
Are thete any game breaking glitches if I force 60fps?
I heard a ladder in the game breaks if you force 60fps or something.
>>
>>333539461
i've been playing it with the dsfix 60fps unlock and haven'e encountered any bugs or glitches at all (i'm almost at the end of the game)
And I think that the ladder glitch was fixed with a later version of dsfix
>>
>>333538202
It's playable with a controller, yes.
>>
>>333538202
Get the mod like said abobe and get a controller, it's unplayable with keyboard and mouse.
>>
>>333538202
idiot
>>
>>333539461
Unlocking the framerate shortens your jumping distance a little bit, but for the most part it's not significant enough to prevent access to areas like traveling back to the asylum or the trader in sens's. Also, you can clip through the ground and keep falling if you SLIDE down the ladder by the parish under the bridge(the room with the 3 rats).
>>
>>333538202
PC is the best version though.
>>
>>333539461
>game breaking

No, but there a few problems. Nothing by any means game breaking.
>>
>>333539461

I played the entire game in 60fps and I don't recall any issues, I beat the game just fine.
>>
>>333538487
>Controller requiered.
only if you're a consolebabby or a turbocasual though
>>
I used DSfix and some mods and played it with a PS3 controller. Worked like a charm.

That being said, without those it doesn't really work.
>>
>GPU shit itself
>tried playing DaS on 360 (got it free)

Holy shit, how do you consolefriends do it.
Once you go 60fps you can't go back.
>>
>tfw I can't play dark souls at 60 fps because it makes the game feel weird
>>
>>333542053
I ran the entire game on keyboard only. One hand had movement, the other combat and aiming. Pretty fun imo
>>
>>333538202
its playable even with keyboard/mouse, anyone saying it isnt is just a pleb
>>
>>333545551
>One hand had movement, the other combat and aiming.
well no shit, so just like every other pc game in existence?
>>
I installed DSFix, played it for over 1000 hours with plenty of interactions with other players, and now I have cancer.

Don't do it Op.
>>
>>333545209
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
File: 1456858440310.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456858440310.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>333538458
To add to that, you also need a controller.

If you don't have one you can get an xbox controller pc adapter on amazon for like $5, and an xbox controller for around $20-40

But with DSfix and a controller the game runs arguably better than on consoles, and has more players.
>>
I have had issues with getting stuck at bonfires/extreme weapon degradation/ect from running the game at 60fps, I lock it to 45 and have little issue but it still looks nice.
>>
>>333538202
how are you this new?
even without the dsfix it's a better experience than on console.
>>
Blighttown was almost unplayable on my old workstation laptop, since it's not an optimized level.
I had to have DSFix on, and some throttle-stop to prevent it from giving up. Was a crappy rig though, so I dunno how a better PC would fare.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.