[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The eternal debate.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: dqvsff.gif (13 KB, 255x128) Image search: [Google]
dqvsff.gif
13 KB, 255x128
The eternal debate.
>>
Phantasy Star, fag
>>
shin megoomi tensei
>>
File: patty is cute.jpg (300 KB, 640x572) Image search: [Google]
patty is cute.jpg
300 KB, 640x572
DQ, I had mostly grown up with FFVII on PS2, FFX when I was a teenager but I realized much later that DQ was the better franchise, better music, I like Akira Toriyama designs more too.
>>
DQ hasn't shit the bed has hard as Final Fantasy has.

DQ has no movie that practically tanked the company and there is no trilogy series that is loathed by everyone.
>>
>>333536445
>better music
No. Just no.
>>
>>333536882
Yes, music is better in DQ
>>
>>333536120
Why do you keep making these threads?
>>
DQ would be better if they fucking bothered localizing it half the time.

I never got to play 10 and I'm still salty.
>>
Best thing about DQ and what sets it so far apart from the FF series, to me personally, is that sense of going on some grande adventure you get when you play through any random DQ game in the series. Also, the overall feeling of lightheartedness and charm the series has made every DQ game I've played so far a very pleasant experience. Like, once you're completely immersed in a DQ game, you genuinely feel happy or something. It's hard for me to put it into words, but I had a lot more fun with DQ than FF. Then again, the only FF that I could get myself to finish was FFIV on DS
>>
>>333537928
At least we're getting the remakes of 7 and 8 and probably 11.
Now if they only announced Monster Joker 3..
>>
Most DQ games are unremarkable while ~half of the FF games are actively bad. DQ wins but still loses to any decent series
>>
>>333537218

Yeah, just think of all the classic, unforgettable DQ music pieces such as the title theme and.... and....

And, and think of all the unique styles that set every game apart from the others so you immediately know which game an individual track is from just by hearing it out of context, like the class orchestra tunes.... and....
>>
File: 1455737351939.png (496 KB, 579x533) Image search: [Google]
1455737351939.png
496 KB, 579x533
>>333538409
>all classic orchestra sounds the same

I like both DQ and FF music but come on.
>>
Final Fantasy has better music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60oAz-KCemQ
>>
It's weird, final fantasy seems much more interesting but dragon quest is just more consistent on quality.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.