[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this game? What went right? What went wrong? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Thoughts on this game?

What went right?

What went wrong?

And why is Ashley the best character?
>>
>>321863908
THIS IS HOW YOU DONT PLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o55UiB5buzI
>>
>>321863908

I liked the story and characters, most of the ideas were great on paper. Totems were pretty innovative.

>Disliked:
>The camera
>Very slow walking speed
>No sprint button
>basic QTEs
>the "dont move" feature is completely broken
>the character traits/relationship system was literally useless, it was only a scorecard, it didnt affected any of the interactions between characters
>its practically impossible to save matt on your first playthrough
>asides from killing characters, the game doesnt changes at all, it will always be the same levels and situations, just with one character less
>characters only have one deadly encounter without counting the ending one, with the exception of chris who has 2
>no episode menu until beating the game coupled with an autosave system that saves every second.

I did liked Ash btw but did you know that she was voted the least favorite character in the game?
>>
>>321863908
>>321864419
>samefagging
Holyshit OP
>>
File: 1446070687859.gif (1 MB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
1446070687859.gif
1 MB, 250x252
>>321863908
>>
>>321863908
>Rock Climbing with QTE: The Game
>liking ashley
At least it's not Emily.
>>
>>321864601

Am I samefagging?

>>321864691

Have you seen her ass though?

She has an Afrodisiac figure.
>>
>>321864923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wx0KHXAUX8
>>
>>321864419
Why is it almost impossible to save Matt? I did on my first playthrough and didn't seem as bullshit as Ashley's or Chris' deaths
>>
File: prank.png (511 KB, 504x632) Image search: [Google]
prank.png
511 KB, 504x632
IT WAS JUST A PRANK
>>
>>321863908
feel like it should've had a longer build up
>>
>>321865172
he did nothing wrong
>>
>>321865098
Mike and Sam need to survive till the end. Matt made the poor choice of being the only black guy in a horror setting, so he gets a giant invisible target strapped to his back like everything in horror
>>
>>321864419
I saved Matt on my first playthrough, what I'd like to know is how the fuck do you save Josh?
>>
>>321865380
Find the diary before finding him. He gets told the wendigo is his sister and doesn't get his head popped. Instead he is forcefed human flesh and eventually turns into a wendigo
>>
>>321864419
You could save matt on your first try if you decided to ditch emily without saving the flaregun
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2H8M-IVdU0

>tfw two of the cast members have shown their boobies
>>
>>321863908
>What went right?
Totem's were pretty neat and the collectibles that would actually effect a character's understanding of the situation were amazing. Emily's mine section was the coolest, most horror, thing in the game. Most of the actions that led to character deaths

>What went wrong?
It was basically Nathan Drake's wacky adventure for the latter half of the game and forgot all the other character's existed. His playable sections after Jess gets taken were very over the top going rambo on like fifty monsters and there were no consequences, compare this to Chris on the way back to the cabin who has you shooting and a failure results in death. I would've loved it if the game gave equal time to everyone and just shortened the plot if you got everyone killed because you got to play as Josh for like 2 minutes and the game treats Jessica and Matt like they don't exist because they can die early on.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.