[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, why exactly does /v/ hate Battlefield 4? >Pretty well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 7
File: YTHHT.jpg (534 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
YTHHT.jpg
534 KB, 1920x1080
So, why exactly does /v/ hate Battlefield 4?

>Pretty well done graphics outside of the bloom on the sun.
>Night maps are 10/10.
>32v32 is pretty balanced for how many players are going at it.
>Game is pretty balanced all around despite the netcode being shit at least 15% of the time.

It's not that bad, probably one of the better FPS for what FPS has dropped down to recently.

My only complaint is it's not really that much of an improvement gameplay wise from 3, being that there isn't much new.
>>
>>333511237
it's fun, but what ruins it for me is how absolutely retarded people are.
>>
BF4 is the best online shooters on the market right now and it's super cheap. The problem with BF usually comes down to the shitty SP and EA, but the MP is top notch.
>>
>>333511237
Battlefield 4 is the best FPS game out right now.

It had a rocky start, but it's easily a 9/10 game. Pick it up, it's great.
>>
>>333511237
the maps are shit
>>
>>333511237
Siege is better
>>
its cod with vehicles
>>
File: 1459026445722.jpg (185 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1459026445722.jpg
185 KB, 720x540
>>333511237
>>32v32 is pretty balanced for how many players are going at it.
>>
/v/ loves bf4 you nutsack
Personally my only problem with it is all the DLC, and the poisonous community, otherwise it's a solid game IMO
>>
>>333514667
this
and a large chunk of the community is rubbish
>>
BF4 is one of the best large scale shooters by far. Tons of maps and DLC, tons of guns, tons of vehicles, you name it.
>>
>>333511237
The graphics are gorgeous. Just look at those volumetric clouds.
+ the physic is great too (water tesselation, wind, destruction, ect.).
>>
Over 300 hours of bf4 here:
>75% of all matches are extremely unbalanced and end in a 600:0 baserape
>"official" servers are infested with aimbotters lately
> A good player can dominate a match 100:0 with a helicopter if there isn't a good pilot on the other team
> Mobile AA Campers outside of the map every single match on every single server
>>
My only issue is the casual gameplay (you run too fast, spawn on every body, 4 class) and the fucking 3d spot which spoils the HUD.
>>
>>333514821
Lol, not a chance.
>>
>>333515335
>>75% of all matches are extremely unbalanced and end in a 600:0 baserape
Try playing on a not shit server?

>"official" servers are infested with aimbotters lately
see above

>> A good player can dominate a match 100:0 with a helicopter if there isn't a good pilot on the other team
See above

> Mobile AA Campers outside of the map every single match on every single server
Oh get fucking good
>>
It's just there is always a group of people that will come with voice coms and start intentional baserape while writing in chat "UMAD UMAD".
Or people who do air peace and fly around on shanghai raping infantry with flir.

Also AA is no longer OP, it works well vs helis, and should be added on shanghai too to counter attack heli whores.
>>
>>333511237
I'm just over the modern setting that not even Battlefield is fun anymore. I'm waiting for them to go back to a time setting when gun attachments weren't a thing.
>>
The running is too slow for me. The overall gameplay is too slow to me.
>>
File: 200w_d.gif (152 KB, 200x307) Image search: [Google]
200w_d.gif
152 KB, 200x307
Ive been having a lot of fun with Hardline, but I refuse to buy map packs.

Would you guys say the base BF4 game is better than base Hardline?

I thought 3 was shit and haven't had fun with BF since BC2/1943
>>
>>333515890
I liked 4 more than 3
And alot of people say 4 is way better than hardline, personally I never tried it
>>
>>333515335
>75% of matches are baserape

oh bitch please

I do agree about helicopters though,
>>
>>333515890
definitely, hardline has some stupid bullshit like unlocking guns and equipment with score, and in 4 you unlock by either level or by using a weapon class (assault rifle, lmg, smg etc)
>>
>>333515720
Fuck you. I want Battlefield 5 to just be a bigger, more improved Battlefield 4, same thing when they made the jump from 3 to 4, just take that and 4 to 5.

Take the lessons of 4, in terms of netcode, balance and testing, and put it in 5.

DICE, if you're listening, if you do that, I'll gladly upgrade my computer and put down another 125 bucks for the full season pass again.
>>
>>333515402
>>333516457
He's right though
whether I'm winning or losing, the vast majority of games are not even close, and usually stacked as shit, even with 'auto balancing' servers
>>
>>333515720
I doubt they're gonna do that, modern warfare is what it's all about nowadays
>>
>>333513454
>The problem with BF usually comes down to the shitty SP
>playing Battlefield of the SP

God I hate those badcompany shitters who whine for SP on a exclusively multiplayer game.
Play CoD or something.
>>
>>333517642
I'm hoping the keep doing modern warfare.

And I mean modern. 2016. Not 2020 or 10 years in the future. Not 2016 plus x years, modern.
>>
>>333511237
I am enjoy it
>>
Waiting for battlefield 4 season pass to come out was the best decision i made in a long time. I got the whole thing for $20 and didn't have to fuck around waiting for the netcode to be fixed.
Since i bought black ops 3 on a whim i've only been playing it because the hit registry feels much better in most cases and i like unlocking things as well as jetpacks & park that's pretty neat.
>>
>>333511237
BF4 is a great game, but its just not as good when compared to BF2.
>>
>>333517642
i likesome sci-fi guns, so blops 3 stracthes that itch, even if its casual shit
>>
>>333511237

ITT nobody who agrees with:
https://youtu.be/KM8BtGLeCb4

Seriously, I own BF4 and dropped it fast pretty soon after, when it was going dead cheap in the past year or so, and this guy's suggestions are excellent.
>>
I don't think people really do after the network update and all of the other fixes

i got the entire game for $20 and it was a steal but I just can't play it very well on my pc with lopsided specs(4790 and a 750ti)
>>
>>333519863

Also found this:
http://imgur.com/a/ZwUyH

Wew lad, that's a lot of decent ideas.
>>
>>333518000
>>333517642
>>333517417
God what a cancerous thread. It's too fucking obvious I don't belong on /v/ anymore since the new generation forced their way in here.
>>
>>333517712
Yeah.

Really, they should just make a multiplayer, and have an option for bots.

If they insist on a single player, it should just be the player going through basic training, learning everything about the multiplayer. Getting them ready for the war. But just a elaborate tutorial.
>>
>>333520819
Sure thing kid.

I plated back when every game was some take on WW2, even 10 years after that meme died, I'm still sick of the ww2 setting.

I've played enough future shit as well with Unreal, Doom, Quake, 2142.
I prefer just keeping it contemporary. It's my favorite, and I'm sick of the other ones. Especially when plenty of games are better tailored to past or future warfare already. Few games do modern day combined arms like the battlefield series.
>>
I like it. BF5 needs a few improvements and it will be great

>60hz from day 1
>Universal unlocks
>greater weapon distinction. If they have to get rid of weapons that's fine
>attachment system that doesn't make you research on the internet beforehand to see what you're fucking doing.
>some class tweaking. I'd like to see recon either buffed or gotten rid of entirely
>>
>>333515005
At this point you can get the DLC for $20 on sale and for the amount of maps, boosts, guns, and new vehicles and gear you get it's well worth it.
>>
>>333511237
BF2 had night maps and 32vs32 in 2005
>>
>>333514821
/thread
>>
My only beef with the battlefield series in general is how overpowered the vehicles are.

You shouldnt be able to heal a tank while its actively under attack, its ridiculous when I need to burn through all my rockets to take down a single tank when they have 4 of them, if I manage not to get annihilated while Im firing at it.

And then with aircraft the flares recharge at almost the exact same time it takes me to reload. Its fucking insane, I dont know how they havent balanced that out, probably because shitters like to post up in a jet or tank and rack of 40-0 scores like faggots and thats their primary demo, but its fucking retarded. And all the best maps are vehicle-centric. If they just made it jeep, quads, and choppers the game would be perfect.

Or actually balanced tanks and jets.
>>
No G3A3 in the game.
>>
Bf3 > bf4
>>
>>333511237
How does one use the scar? Shit is strong as fuck but god damn the gun practically jumps out off screen.
>>
>>333515402
how does one find these non-shit servers?
>>
>>333511237

>Launched with dozens of huge bugs
>Took over a year to "fix" most of them, some still exist
>Map design is terrible
>Vehicle balancing is terrible
>They have completely overhauled all weapons and suppression multiple times ruining the game each time
>Sun used as a gameplay mechanic to blind one team
>Netcode was shit for almost two years, even with high tickrates it still makes for awkwardness in hitreg

The devs don't actually play the game so they have no idea what to do in terms of design or balance.
>>
>>333511237
The netcode is only made worse by faggots with 300+ms ping playing on servers close to you so they can have that advantage. Anything over a consistent 180ms should be kicked imo.

I think the game's mechanics are currwntly pretty well balanced aside from some guns being locked to a unrelated kit or having their fire rate adjusted too far from a realistic value. One thing that has always bothered me is when someone camps their team's spawn with the aa instead of actually getting out and being useful just to stack their k/d.
>>
>>333511237
AA weapons are useless. Netcode sucks.
>>
Bf3 was better and it feels like the game series is going backwards. (Sorry for spelling errors)
>>
>>333525182
AA with thermal is great for anti-infantry between shooting down aircraft. Sitting outside the map with it is wasting potential.
>>
Because to /v/, any game that launches shit is garbage no matter how many patches, free content, etc comes out.

BF4 is probably one of the best shooters on the PC to come out in the last 6 years.
>>
>>333511237

because sci fi battlefield with even bigger battles is free.
>>
>>333511237
The fucking offensively bad launch that lead to a lawsuit comes to mind
>>
>>333515005
Really they should just give the DLCs out for free since they don't plan to update the game anymore
>>
>>333515335
>A good player can dominate with a Helicopter

Use a PLD you shitter
>>
>Origin

There's your reason. I'm not installing EA's cancer on my computer.
>>
>>333515335
>Helicopters
>Dominate

Wat? Scout Heli can be broken on maps like Flood Zone, but surely you don't mean Attack Helis. They're hilariously easy to snipe out with SMAWs and TOW missiles.
>>
I played it for a while when ea had the freeplay time. It was ok, but not enough to make me actually want to pay for it.
>>
>>333522068
>My only beef with the battlefield series in general is how overpowered the vehicles are.

But vehicles aren't overpowered in BF4.

Tanks, choppers and jets really aren't that hard to take out if you work together.

People complain because there's few options for a single player to take on those things, as if they expected 1 person vs a tank or chopper to be a fair fight.

It's supposed to take 3-4 people working together to do it. In case you've forgotten, it's

1) Combined Arms.
2) Team based.

You need a team to work against those things. Call in your own tanks, get your engineers up, ect.

The idea that tanks and jets should be on equal ground to 1 or 2 people is retarded, and it'll be a horrible day if they make that happen.
>>
>>333511237
literally all the maps are awful
>>
>>333530982
See, the problem isn't about the vehicle assets being powerful. It's the fact that they come back so quickly and you spend so many resources to take them down.

Scout Helicopters are also pretty fucking broken since they have the most retarded physics breaking maneuverability and have a smaller hitbox than their actual model.
>>
>>333531375
>It's the fact that they come back so quickly and you spend so many resources to take them down.

This is only really an issue on those fast vehicle spawn servers, which are pretty numerous.

But vehicle spawns on default are pretty easy to deal with, and you can cripple the other team where they're without their heavy vehicles for a long time.
>>
>>333521654
Recon is OP it's just everyone does C4+Beacon and sit on a rooftop with a sniper
>>
>>333531741
No, they're hilariously fast.

Vehicles should if anything be a bit stronger, but have longer respawn times. Tanks should be like 3 minutes. Air vehicles should be 4. Reduce overall lock-ons in the game.
>>
>>333522068
>I should be able to take out tanks all on my own

It's a fucking tank it's supposed to take a lot of shit
>>
I don't

But go ahead and keep shitposting
>>
>>333532176
This

You SHOULD get wrecked if you try to take head fucking on.

>BBBBUT MUH COD SHIT
>>
>>333532158

On instant spawn servers. They really aren't that fast to respawn on normal servers.

Just don't hop on the servers where the respawn timer is turned all the way down, it's very different.

But I will agree with you. Personally, I'd rather see vehicles be stronger, and just have longer respawn timers.

I don't know about 3-4 minutes exactly, but yeah, I'd say that's be the general idea.

And a big fuck no to reducing lock ons, especially if it's modern day.

Missiles lock on, deal with it.

If you don't want lock ons, hope they push it back to WW2 or something, but I'd want modern day conflicts, with modern day toys as they are.

So, stingers lock on, missiles lock on, ect.
>>
>Shit maps
>Shit netcode
>Shit balance
>Bugs out of the ass
>Origin
>EA
>DICE
And you wonder why no one wants to play it, why would people expect it to get any better after launch?
>>
>>333533953
Forgot
>Shit engine
>Barely any destruction
They also decided to name it Levolution so people wouldn't keep complaining about the new games having less destruction than BC2.
>>
>>333517529
Then stop playing shitty servers, go to one of tho like LG/LM/Lsomething gaming or something, the matches in those servers nearly always go down the hard way and they have mixed maps with all modes, Hardcore or normal mode
>>
Most of the people that complain about the game don't even bother with Hardcore. Ya, getting one shotted by a sniper can be annoying as can be killed in 3-4 by assault rifles, but the diminished HUD and longer spawn times are extremely worth it. You're also forced to say fuck it to cheese strats and roll with things that would actually help a team like a PLD on Recon and Javs.
>>
>>333516610
There are some weapons that are unlocked by assignments or something, not that they are better than the ones you get for leveling up
>>
>>333533515
60-90 seconds is hilariously fast. As infantry that's hardly even time to move to the next objective without seeing the vehicle come back. God help you if you haven't had time to replenish any of the resources you've lost from killing it before. It literally gives you no breather.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be lock ons, just not so many. It reduces the overall skill level of the game.
>>
>>333533953
>why would people expect it to get any better after launch?

Because it did get better after launch. A lot better, like it's almost a different game better.
>>
File: 1881920850812.png (63 KB, 1128x2904) Image search: [Google]
1881920850812.png
63 KB, 1128x2904
>>333530982
That's the problem with the series. It's just a clusterfuck of lone wolves doing their own thing. It's amazing the devs still haven't made a focus on real teamwork and communication and having shit like proximity voice chat. Throwing an ammo bag on the ground for a teammate isn't teamwork, DICE.
>>
>>333534862

It's 60 to 90 seconds, plus the time for it to actually get to where it needs to be.

I mean, it takes 60-90 seconds for the tank to respawn and another minute or so to get back in position, if it can even make it there, or if it even bothers trying to come back to that spot.
>>
>>333511237
All the maps aside from maybe three are fucking awful
>>
>>333534965
Remember when DICE LA was hyping up that team-work initiative and absolutely nothing came out of it?
>>
BF4 is great now. I definitely had some good time with it. A lot of content and finally decent netcode.
>>
>>333534965
>It's amazing the devs still haven't made a focus on real teamwork

They've tried, but you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Unfortunately, most of Battlefield's player base seemed to have gotten lost trying to find COD, and so they're wondering why there's vehicles and shit to begin with.

You see it the most with the several 24/7 Metro/Locker servers, where they literally ignore half the game so that they can just play a slightly fancier Call of Duty.
>>
>>333511237
Because it was unplayable at launch. Like, it was a total mess.
Then, there was the season pass BS.

But, nowadays, you can get it with all the DLC for 30 euros or less. And most of the shit is fixed, making it actually tons of fun.
Plus, Dice is supporting, adding new maps and weapons for free.
>>
>>333536601
>24/7 Metro/Locker servers
Jesus christ whenever that map somehow appears on the queue the number of retards who start asking to vote on that is mind numbing and its even worse when those maps end up being chosen because it leads to the fight being locked into a single point of the map, at least with Metro if there is one or two squads actually going to cap the points you can royaly fuck the other team and end the match quick, fuck whoever wants to play those uninspired piece of shit maps
>>
>>333514821

>that hit detection

lol no
>>
>>333537119
>Dice is supporting

No, Dice LA WAS supporting it but as of last month any support has ceased
>>
File: 1337631416842.jpg (35 KB, 283x281) Image search: [Google]
1337631416842.jpg
35 KB, 283x281
>>333537543
>i have some news coming your way guys :)
>weeks pass
>okay guys here's the news - we aren't going to add anything new to CTE :)
>>
>>333529057
how do plds help?
i have genuinely encountered hardly anyone using launchers
>>
>tfw recently picked up BF4 on PS4
>Reached the level threshold where I'm no longer allowed on the baby servers
>Constantly get my shit wrecked by level 110+ guys on big boy servers
>>
>>333536601
It's not exactly like DICE weren't trying to attract that audience, though. The thing is, they barely have any mechanics to give reasons for squads of total strangers to stick together and help each other- at least games like Verdun always massively rewards the squads who stick close to their leaders and follow orders.
>>
>>333511237
because "BU BUUU KILLING ITS BAD!!1"

THANKS NEO /v/
>>
>>333539335
w-wat?
>>
>buy it with premium for 20$ during a discount
>so many maps and modes I'm fucking lost

Where do I begin? I literally only bought it because of my raifu, the an-94.
>>
>>333539695
Just play conquest like any sane and normal person
>>
Because EA.
>>
File: 1458852092164.jpg (207 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
1458852092164.jpg
207 KB, 692x960
atrocious netcode

I am not playing a game that has netcode issues every single match.
>>
>>333540774
>being this uninformed and out of touch

Its like I've been transported back to 2014!
>>
File: 1414966786282.png (17 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
1414966786282.png
17 KB, 180x200
Hey /v/ I'm about to buy BF4 on the mexican store

Should I buy the DLCs? Usually map packs are shit because no one buys them so you never get to play them, is that the case here?
>>
>>333541915
I'm also on the fence. The server browser always shows populated DLC servers so I guess it's worth it. Thing is I probably need to get a SSD also. Are the loading times usually on the 1-2 min side for everyone else?
>>
BF4 had a super bumpy start, but right now it's pretty much the most fun FPS you'll find on the market.
>>
>>333542472
load times are hugely shortened on an SSD, i would advise it. only problem is the game is fucking massive with all DLC. i got premium too but i have a small, older SSD which is only ~120 GB and i can basically only have windows and bf4 on it.

also don't worry about the DLC Maps, they're all quite regularly played i find, some of the final assault ones are great.
>>
>>333511237
shitty community and mindless gameplay, single player isnt even worth mentioning and the multiplayer is a retarded clusterfuck where you sprint around spraying bullets and dolphin diving
>>
Tfw the orange filter in bf4 became blue randomly for me so orange sky and blue explosions...

Pls help
>>
>>333521586
100% agree chap.

Leave that space age shit and old WW2 dust for COD faggots.

Just give me modern combat- not anything too out of a sci fi novel either.

>Jetpacks....
what the fuck
>>
>>333532158
Play Team Deathmatch you retarded faggot.
>>
>>333522068
back to COD, you lame faggot
>>
>>333511237
Maps are absolutely garbage. The best maps are dragon valley and the other one from bf2.
>>
Is the next Battlefield actually going to be world war? Or was that fake
>>
>>333539209
Yeah, pretty much. All they've done to encourage teamwork is give you like 10 xp points for spawning on someone, or shooting around a squad members. 25 points for providing ammo or health, which by a single play on Locker, would show you it's less teamwork, more of guys putting down health and ammo near the meat grinder to cheese out points.
>>
>>333529230
Same here. Played around a thousand hours of BF2 too.
>>
Does anyone have the screencap of some guy from /v/ saying vehicles are cancerous and should be removed from battlefield?

It was a long and autistic rant.
>>
/bfg/ revival when? I want people to play with
>>
Admins are fucking assholes on this game tho
>YOU WERE KICKED FROM THE SERVER. Reason: 'fuck u noob'
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.