[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good websites to read or write reviews for games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: bg.jpg (49 KB, 650x243) Image search: [Google]
bg.jpg
49 KB, 650x243
Are there any good websites to read or write reviews for games?

I just woke up to see I was banned from Metacritic and had my 3 year history and 200+ reviews wiped out because I left a bad review for Dragonspear

It had been deleted 4 previous times

What I said

>Its nice to see some of the OG VA's return for their roles, unfortunately the experience was ruined by the forced fed political ideologies of the writers and modern day social commentary and the horrid technical bugs from the corrupt saves to the broken MP that didnt help me enjoy the game at all. I also think being allowed to ban anyone on the forums after begging for positive reviews and trying to censorship me and others is wrong, but sadly its the lastest trend in damage control by game makers who would rather hide from criticism than learn from it. I wish Metacritic wouldnt allow this practice either. This would be my 4th submission of this review. I hope Beamdogs next project leaves the politics at home and spends a little more time play testing their own game. The 20 year legacy of Baldurs gate didnt deserve the treatment that was Dragonspear. The engine is 20 years old and they still havent figured out how to properly make a game on it without critical bugs. Come on.

Meanwhile most of the new reviews giving out 10's are brand new accounts with no history except Dragonspear, use awkward language like "the writers are masters of their craft!" or have a short history of a few games with 2 sentence long reviews all on the same day of the Dragonspear review.

Bullshit.
>>
You're only just noticing this now?

Shit nigga this has been going on for years. Review sites are horseshit. The best way to see what a game is like is to pirate first. In the case where's that's not possible, watching live streams or LPs can also kind of give you a sense of whether a game is worth your time and money.

All review sites are just dumb opinions people like to throw around as fact if it backs up their claims in whether a game is good or shit without having to play it themselves.
>>
>>333506890
>one sentence about that game
>rest is you crying about the devs and metacritic
next time you write a review leave the politics at home
>>
Basedgamer when it launches in May 2030
>>
>>333507324
>telling people to leave the politics at home is not leaving your own politics at home

Ok
>>
>>333507392
What is based gamer
>>
>>333506890
Youre exactly whats wrong with metacritic though. Instead of analyzing and givng your opinion youre giving it a probably unreasonably low score (probably 1 or 0) and write something about SJWs and how you was treated on the official forum. Stoopid.
>>
>>333507324
This. More than half of OP's review is speculatory at best, and borderline defamatory.
OP, you weren't banned because of muh SJW agenda. You were banned because you have no idea how to form a coherent opinion.
>>
>>333507686
A metacritic alternative one of the gamergate token social media girls tried to launch but has failed too so far

Of course it got crowdfunded by cucks
>>
>>333507771
your opinion of the game*
>>
>>333506890
nice review op

too bad for you.
did metacritc delete you directly or is it the work of beamdog?

what is even the point of deleting user based reviews on a website entirely based on reviews?
>>
>>333507993
Beamdog deleted the review multiple times then I woke up to a ban on the site. All game reviews going back years gone and I cant leave a review or even a rating for any game anymore.
>>
>>333506890
>3 year history and 200+ reviews
that autism
>>
>>333506890
>Cry about beamdog about their political agenda in their games
>review has gamergate right wing political agenda in it

Wow, this hypocrisy, I can't... I just can't...
>>
>>333506890
Steam negative reviews
They are extremely useful for finding out negative parts of a game that may bother you. If the negative things a person describes in a steam review bother you, then its probably best not to buy said game.
>>
>>333508686
Seriously... like... ugh I just don't even.
>>
>>333508686
>leave the politics and modern social commentary at home
>HURR RIGHT WING GAMERGATE AGENDA!!!!!
>>
i want gamergaters to leave
>>
>>333509496
I want people who want people to leave to stop posting retarded things
>>
File: 1442511650141.jpg (87 KB, 568x600) Image search: [Google]
1442511650141.jpg
87 KB, 568x600
>>333506890
What outrage is it this time around?
>>
>>333509809
trannies in baldurs gate
google it its holarious
>>
>>333509809
Writer is a rabid sjw who talks non stop about how triggering sexist racist etc the original baldurs gate is and how it much be changed to reflect the modern norm, and rants on how she hates white straight men. forces tranny characters in the game and puts comments on gamer gate and MUH STRONK WOMYN, the game on a technical level is a mess, basically broken. They ban anyone on their forums for speaking out, beg for good reviews, delete and ban negative reviewers on metacritic and spam fake new accounts with 10/10 reviews.

Its a fucking mess of a game.

She wants to work on planescape torment next
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.