[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck this game was great, why you hating senpaitachi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4
File: Uncharted_2_box_artwork.jpg (149 KB, 501x633) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted_2_box_artwork.jpg
149 KB, 501x633
Holy fuck this game was great, why you hating senpaitachi?
>>
Not fond of press X to Jason "gameplay", sorry.
>>
Bland third person shooting,l
>>
it's too popular
>>
>>333504162
because the gameplay is generic
>>
Chloe or Elena /v/?
>>
Haven't played it. I did however play 3 and it was one of the worst games in my life, so I can't imagine how 2 can be good without being completely different in every single way.
>>
>>333504162
I'm not, I still remember that fucking train level after all these years.
>>
>>333504593
same shit, different story.
less retarded ai, made by different team
it's amazing what above average acting and writing can get away with.
>>
>dat train sequence
>dat sequence with the convoy and you jump from car to car
>dat sequence in the war torn city with the helicopters, and the building that crumbles as you're in it

that shit was exhilarating
>>
>Turret sections that go on too long: The game
>>
>>333504859
>walk/climb in a straight line, shoot bad guys, watch cool cinematic at the end of a train rolling.
WOW, AMAZING.
>>
>>333504967
>sequence
>sequence
>sequence
And that's why Uncharted is shit, it's nothing but setpieces for crappy TPS. It also completely wasted Amy's talent.
>>
>>333504859
Blood did better train level. Hell, Age of Evil did better train level.
>>
>>333505106
>amy
>talent
Being a better writter than me or you is not a talent.
>>
Because 2 had the great level design for the gun fights

1 and 3 were just "JUMP NOW, wow you just barely made that scripted event!!"
>>
>>333505268
Being a better writer than the rest of gaming industry is.
>>
>>333505268
You do know she wrote the best story to appear in a video games series, right?
>>
>>333504593

>one of the worst games in my life

So you've played all of 3 games then in your life? Come on anon, you didn't like the game, that's totally okay but one of the worst you've ever played? You're just trolling now son.
>>
>>333505373
Then why the Uncharted games have no outstanding writing except for the characters?
>>
>>333504590
Chloe for the accent but Elena for the looks.
But tbqh Chloe's voice sounded like she had too many dick and cigarettes.
>>
>>333505307
pretty looking areas in a straight line is not great level design, the setpieces are great to look at though.
>>
>>333505548
Because outstanding writing is confusing and doesn't sell.
>>
I'm playing it right now, and it is far better than 1, but there are really annoying things.

I'm at the last boss now and it's just obnoxious, the Guardians were terrible to fight as well. The storyline isn't as good as the first game either.

But the gunplay, climbing and set pieces were definitely better than the first game. Looking forward to playing 3 after I kill this fucking Lazarevic motherfucker
>>
>>333505548
Because she wasn't given a right to make the story, she was just given a list of those setpieces and told to write something that would justify character going between them.
>>
>>333504593
You didn't play many games if you consider U3 one of the worst
>>
>>333505467
legacy of kain is shit
>>
>>333504590
Elena m8. Chloe is a bitch.
>>
>>333505472
I'm dead serious. And you wouldn't even know the shit I've played that I'd call better than Uncharted 3. I'd rather play Archangel or Legend of the seven paladins than this retarded thing.
>>
>>333505664
what's better about the gameplay? it's just climb and shoot, you mean better animation?
>>
>>333504162
Because it's really just not that good
>>
>>333504162
It was entertaining. Some of the best cinematics in a game and a story fair enough to continue. But that's it. I ended up turning down the difficulty so I could just enjoy the cutscenes and interactive cinematic stuff. The gameplay is so bland it just felt tedious. Uncharted games are only worth $20 in my opinion. And I've payed that amount or less for all of them.
>>
File: 1443901268786.jpg (40 KB, 639x628) Image search: [Google]
1443901268786.jpg
40 KB, 639x628
>>333505073
Incredible what people consider quality gaming nowadays, eh m8
>>
>>333505906
The climbing is way better in the sense that there's less and when it is there it feels and looks better. The train opening of the game is a good example.

There's also more variety of mercs like the big minigun guys. There's also more guns to play with.
>>
just passed all three games on crushing. First game is outdated, bland with bullet sponge enemies. Second and third were miles better. Solid third person shooters both. I really tried to play it as if I were the director instead of just shooting from behind a corner. Actually waiting for the fourth game now.
>>
>>333505734
>this reveals the bait
>>
I played the first mission or two of this and was very bored. I'm bored of games that pretend you're in a dangerous situation but don't reflect that via gameplay.

>We're climbing a train-carriage dangling off the edge of a cliff
>HIGH STAKES ABOUND, LOOK OUT, SHIT IS REAL
>But it's not really. Press the analogue stick around to climb. Push X to reach to the next designated platform.

It's like watching a boring action movie.
>>
>>333507103

Jesus Christ kill yourself. That is by far the most retarded criticism of this game I've seen to date
>>
A solid TPS but it's pretty much the base standard and replicated to death now.
>>
train level was based desu
>>
>>333505898
git gud
you sound salty as fuck right now
>>
>>333507184
>muh assertions

post the reasoning senpai.

>being this mad

it's okay senpai
>>
It's like Indiana Jones if Indy was an unstoppable murderer!
>>
>>333506296
>it's better because there's less climbing and it's better animated
>there's more stuff to shot at
kek, no wonder ND gets away with so much, all you need is to keep your fans busy with pretty looking things and the rest will work itself out.
>>
>>333505467
Planescape Torment was written by a different person.
>>
>>333507103
it's the boring part movies cut so it doesn't get drawn out,uncharted makes you do the stuff that gets cut.
>>
They really need to spice up the gunplay.
I want to be able to make the crawl by shooting people in the legs, shooting their hand will make them drop their weapon etc.
And improve the stealth.
>>
>>333507103
How could you ever reflect that via gameplay? This is such an autistic criticism
>>
>Chloe looks and sounds like Claudia Black
>she isn't voiced by her

The only blunder with uncharted 2.

Also, the game gets pretty good from the train ride level and onward.
>>
>>333506548

if you dont play it on at least hard you're missing out on the experience. Even on hard I often got some l'esprit de l'escalier after some encounters. Always thinking on how I could kill them more cinematically.
>>
>you will never live in a comfy nepal mountain village
Fuck Drake for ruining it.
>>
File: 00a077bbabef.jpg (50 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
00a077bbabef.jpg
50 KB, 640x460
>uncharted
>>
>>333507590
I didn't say it was good. I said it was better, which it is.
>>
I can't wait for May.
The shitposting will be fucking great.
>>
>>333504162
I'm not. No other game has such high production values with great archaeological set pieces. The gameplay is just to connect the different areas together. However, paying full price for any of the games is retarded and watching a game movie on YouTube is almost as good as playing the game yourself.
>>
>>333509218
To add to this, watching the first 3 games will take around 10 hours and I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't played them yet
>>
>>333504162
I ain't. I like it.
>>
>>333508083
>you should do boring stuff because i can't think of a way to make it fun

that's you, that is
>>
Elena is the bomb.
>>
File: 1454481172810.jpg (229 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
1454481172810.jpg
229 KB, 500x705
I just rented it and I loved the co-op mode.

Is the third game's co-op similar ? From the vid it looks a little confusing and hard
>>
>>333508212
>>she isn't voiced by her

you wot m8 ?

>>333510294

yup
>>
This game was tedious as fuck to play on Brutal difficulty.
>>
>>333507103
I love how they made you do literally the same sequence twice.
>>
>>333508925
Doubt it, PC and Xbox owners honestly don't give a fuck.
>>
>>333504590
Chloe
Anyone who picks Elena is a fag
>>
>>333504590
Chloe for ass and husky britslut voice

Elena for cuddling
>>
>>333514604
> husky britslut voice
Australian.
>>
>>333513096
That hardly stops all the fanbois from pretending to be not-jealous-at-all PCbros who will then see the light and posthaste convert to PS4, because "there is only mobas and minecraft on PC", only, even less subtle than I just described.
>>
>>333504162
Uncharted 2 is a great game.

It's 1 and 3 that are shit.
>>
>>333515195
Claudia Black might be aussie but Chloe's accent is distinctly english
>>
Has anyone the newest Madagascar footage for 4?

Holy shit. They might actually top 2.

That blatant stealing of the mark-system from MGSV
>>
>>333516275
It's nothing new, far cry also does it
>>
Someone post the WIN THE ADVENTURE SUBWAY DRAKE promotion.

Also I was playing as the bad guy from 1 in 2's multiplayer in Elimination in the Uboat stage and in one round 5 enemies of the entire team chased me to the edge and I pulled each one of them down.

You can look for it via Youtube. Pulldown Ownage. Its pretty funny really. Considering the Debuffs I had on. *Half Ammo and KnuckleJaw*
>>
Campaign is not necessarily well-written or anything new in terms of gameplay, but there's no denying it is fun and flows perfectly.
Multiplayer is fucking perfect tho.
>>
The enemies are such a chore, they're not fun to take out, they don't really react when hit, and feel like bullet sponges instead of human beings.

Is it even possible to clear it with stealth? I try, but suddenly there's some people always against a wall, waiting for you to come out.
>>
>>333515549
/thread
>>
>>333505664
Man, if you hate the guardians good luck with the Djinn in 3. The bullet sponge enemies they throw in at the end of the game kill the pacing.
>>
>>333505664

guardians are piss easy. Use the crossbow, rpg or minigun on them.
Same goes for djinn soldiers: use the revolvers, high power rifles, grenade launchers and rpgs lying all over the place on that level.
Uncharted always gives the tools for job, but you just gotta run around the map to pick them up and avoid enemy fire to do so.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.