[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Backlog dilemma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: hmm lenny.jpg (27 KB, 395x346) Image search: [Google]
hmm lenny.jpg
27 KB, 395x346
How do you guys choose where to start on your backlog? I'm about a third to halfway through several games that I've had on hold for ages due to work.

>Bloodborne
>GTA V
>Majora's Mask 3D
>Fire Emblem Awakening
>Fallout 4
>Pokemon Y Nuzlocke

inb4 shit taste etc. How do you narrow down your options?
>>
File: 1456484686683 (1).jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456484686683 (1).jpg
54 KB, 640x640
Test
>>
>>333491865

wut
>>
>>333491739

>Play game
>Finish it
>Start next game

Simple as that. How do you fuck that process up so much you arrived at

>I'm about a third to halfway through several games
>>
>>333492302

By my lifestyle not allowing for me to play games that frequently. I've had entire seasons of releases pass me by, unfortunately
>>
>>333492402

What do you even do?
>>
>>333491739
>pick one
>only play that one
HARD WORK I KNOW
>>
File: sad eliwood.png (114 KB, 371x578) Image search: [Google]
sad eliwood.png
114 KB, 371x578
>>333492503

I'm an economic consultant. Shit is time consuming mate, my days of playing vidya without end in school and uni are behind me
>>
>>333492596

Surprisingly enough picking just one to play during limited time is kind of tough
>>
>>333492919
No but how. Seriously how.
>I was playing this game, but due to time constraints, I'll play this one instead
Why can't you only play one game
>>
>>333491739

Having taste helps
Having very specific taste helps even more

around 3 games I am really interested in I am playing anyway. Lifes easy here
>>
>>333492779

Well that sucks, guess your making some money though aye.

But if you don't have much free time, what do you even get to spend your money on? I always wonder this. I used to work a high paying job last year, and I literally had no time to even spend my money on anything. It was basically trading all my time for money I'd get to spend when I quit.
>>
File: gh.png (22 KB, 255x100) Image search: [Google]
gh.png
22 KB, 255x100
backlog thread?
>>
>>333491739
Start from best to worst, so if you'll lose steam, you'll at least finish the better part of your list.
I'd do it like:

GTA V > BB > FE:A > MM3d > F04 > Y Nzl.

I put Y on the end since I assume you already finished it normally, if not, I'd start it as a second game. You may also switch F04 with FE and MM, if you want some light filler.
>>
>>333491739
put a number to them and run a random number generator online.

I find it's very freeing and gets me to start playing.
>>
>>333493263

Money mainly goes towards rent (fucking London prices god damn), food, saving up for travel, repaying student debt, and buying vidya I don't have enough time to play. My hours are actually decent but I'm the kind of person who can't sit down to play a game unless I have a solid block of free time, like 3+ hours. I'm not the type who can drop a game after 45 minutes.

I bloody miss being a teenager who could spend days in his room doing fuck all other than burn through game after game.
>>
>>333491739
I made the decision to switch over to Linux full time so that I could focus on the few games in my library that supported it.

But then more games kept getting ported. Stuff that I never expected to show up like KotOR 2. Now about 95% of my Steam Library is on Linux and my backlog just gets bigger.
>>
>>333493647
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>333493540
>I'm the kind of person who can't sit down to play a game unless I have a solid block of free time, like 3+ hours. I'm not the type who can drop a game after 45 minutes.

I know what you mean, I am like that too. Though it depends on the game, the higher the quality of the game, the less likely I will be inclined to play it in short bursts, I need a solid 4-5 hour slot to dedicate to it. If I play a game and it's just average or merely good, I can play it for an hour or 45 minutes maybe.

I don't suppose you can move out of London to a cheaper location right?

>>333493395

VtMB. How can people even browse this board without having played VtMB and Deus Ex yet. They should be required playing.
>>
I play starcraft
>>
>>333494084
>I don't suppose you can move out of London to a cheaper location right?

My job is bang in the centre of London, if I move further out then money will go towards longer commutes and paying to live in suburbia.
>>
>>333494102

cool
>>
>>333493805
Yep, I should have known that the "Linux has no games" meme was false.
>>
>>333491739
I work on my backlog in alphabetical order.
Works pretty good.
>>
File: Priority Backlog.png (37 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Priority Backlog.png
37 KB, 256x295
>>333493395
Backlog thread anon.
There's a fuckton more where this came from but this is the priority list currently.
>>
>>333497546

How is Dogma? Any good or just meme good?
>>
File: Imperfect feels.jpg (6 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
Imperfect feels.jpg
6 KB, 230x219
>>333491739
It all depends on your priorities.

Do you want to catch up with older titles? Do you have franchises loyalties? Do you prefer modern titles or older ones?

For me, autism dictates my choice: I can't play a sequel without playing it's prequels or having them in my possession. If it's a standalone title and it's older than the rest in release date, it goes first.

I feel your pain.
As someone who has just recently became employed and burned alot of funds on old vidya he never got to try, my backlog is massive and now spans across all my platforms and it's just fucking painful to see.

Got roughly 200+ Steam games that need attention because of binge buying.
>>
>>333492980
You see /v/ bitch about it all the time

>SHIT GAYEM ONLY 10h OF GAYEMPLAY

Fact of the matter is some games are not only quicker to pick up, but to clear it's contents as well. Others require a much more tighter time investment partially due to the liability of getting sucked in/losing track of time.
>>
>tfw have a backlog spanning all 3 current gen consoles plus Steam backlog
>use half of my free time to browse CAG, slickdeals, or craigslist for cheap vidya deals
>the other half to play Black ops 3 and nothing else
>>
I do the "pick a game, and don't play anything else until you finish it" strategy. It's worked for me. A few years ago, my Steam backlog was like 120 games, now I got it down to like 15-20 games.
>>
I number them then use and RNG to pick for me.
>>
>>333501652

>Black Ops 3

nigga why?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.