[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best console controller for PC? xboner >works
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: vs.jpg (35 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
35 KB, 600x338
What's the best console controller for PC?

xboner

>works out of the box, natively supported by most modern games
>stiff bumpers
>dpad is still shit

ps4

>requires 3rd party drivers to even work
>smaller in size
>triggers suck ass
>>
wii u pro controller
>>
>>333489880
MS rectified the bumpers on the Xbone controller, they're not nearly as stiff now and much easier to hold down. I'd say Xbone because I have one and think it's great.
>>
>>333489880

360 controller.

Best support, awesome longevity, cheap to buy.
>>
>>
>>333490024
I just wish they released a wired version of the updated 360 controller
>>
>>333489880
i use the ds4 and use it with bluetooth and make the light cycle through colors
>>
>>333489880
My gayass PS4 controller yesterday had the R2 button popping out the damn slot.
I had to take it apart, force the button through the backplate, and put it back together.
I guess my controller is a diff model, cuz all the videos had different hinges on the R2 button and the slots inside the controller.
Had to not put in the springs.
At least my Bone controller never fucked up.
>>
PS2/PS3 pads.
>>
>>333490241
this
you only need ds4 and it's easy to install.
That said xbone's controller is vastly superioir
>>
>>333489880
All you need is DS4Tools and you are set
>smaller in size
It has the perfect size imo. I also read somewhere that the Xbone controller is actually smaller than the DS4. I might be wrong though
>triggers suck ass
Fully disagree and they are WORLDS better than DS3's triggers.
I'm PC Master Race and bought a DS4 in 2013 for emulation and sloppy seconds console ports. Still works great to this day and I've never had any problems with it whatsoever.
>>
>>333489880
XBone elite, it's literally perfect
>>
>>333490120
Why the fuck you want a wire?
>>
>>333489880
I've tried the 360 controller for PC, as well as the XBONE's controller, however i feel that the that the DS3 is the best controller that can be used for PC

Installing Motioninjoy and using DS3 isn't that much a hustle as people make it out to be, it's actually really simple once you understand how it works
Installing the drivers and using Better DS3 is not a problem at all
>>
Don't know about compatibility or whatnot, but having owned both consoles, Xbone controller is 10x better. PS4 controller feels worse and is more expensive because of shit gimmicks I hate using.
>>
>>333489963
Don't listen to this shill. Wiiu controller is absolute garbage.
>>
>>333491314
(You)
>>
>>333491524
It actually is garbage though. It's a couple of tiers below the Xbone or DS4.
>>
>>333489963
if only it worked by usb

xbox360 controller of the year all year. just think its been over 10 years since this little bastard could just be pluged in an used any game(bar fps ofc)
>>
Can you use the xbone wireless on windows yet?
>>
>>333491314
It's comfy and has a really long battery life, but the buttons are way too small and placed in an awkward location. It always takes me a little while to adjust, and before that I have no fucking idea what I'm pressing some of the time.
>>
The Xbone remote is pretty comfy. The Ps4's tiny pause button is a huge nuisance to try to press tbqh fellow sibling
>>
360 still the best, the xbone pad would have it beat if not for the horrible bumpers though.
>>
File: Pc controllers for retro games.png (2 MB, 1200x4000) Image search: [Google]
Pc controllers for retro games.png
2 MB, 1200x4000
>>333491670
>>
>>333491670
No it isn't, i own all 3 and Wii U Pro is probably the best, without a doubt its far better than the DS4. Xbone is good but i dislike the stick placement and i prefer the Wii U Pro's snes like layout.
>>
>>333490024

d pad was fucking garbage
>>
>>333489880
Steam controller if you're willing to mess with configs

Sure it takes time to get used to but its the most versatile one
>>
>>333491216
It's the same price. £50 per controller
>>
>>333491054
Not him but wired means 0 input delay and no headaches with batteries. Wired is always god-tier
>>
>>333489880
Sonybro here. I gotta say Xbox controller.

PS4 controller has a superior d-pad, analog stick layout, and grips.

But the Xbone triggers are far superior, more durable, and the face buttons are more responsive , plus the little curviture in the face makes them a bit more easy to deal with during long sessions.
>>
>>333492780
>0 input delay
Are you a pro mlg gamer?
>>
xbone because the position of your hands is more comfortable.

pshit controllers have always cramped my hands because they're too small and the analog sticks are right next to eachother.
>>
>>333489880

When will this meme end? It works plug and play no problem, hell you can even use it with Bluetooth.

Not only that, games like Don't Starve Together actually detect it as a Dual Shock 4 instead of a generic or an X360 controller.
>>
>>333492773

$100 kangaroo dollarydoos for a fucking controller?

jesus christ, that's half the price of my 32" monitor
>>
Mainly 2D? DS4
Mainly 3D? Xbone
About even? Flip a coin
>>
File: jew window.jpg (36 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
jew window.jpg
36 KB, 400x352
>>333491748
You can, but you need to buy the $20 USB dongle and have win10.
>>
>>333489880
Steam pad is the future anon
>>
>>333492871
yes

second point still holds up for casual play
>>
>>333492328
>D-pads are high priority
>Xbone and DS4 on top
/vr/ is full of shit.
>>
>>333492871
Well he's right

besides, the battery life on either controller isn't all that great + you have to buy a battery pack and the wireless dongle for the xboner, essentially doubling the price
>>
>>333493841
Which controllers have better d-pad?
>>
>>333493894
I use the cheapest AAs I can find and buy a pack of 20. Even from cheapo batteries you still get a good 30 hours from them using an Xbone controller. I honestly like the option for using disposable batteries, I think all controller should have it.
>>
>>333489963
MUH MAN
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.