[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever roleplay, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: itty bitty baby itty bitty boat.jpg (108 KB, 660x338) Image search: [Google]
itty bitty baby itty bitty boat.jpg
108 KB, 660x338
Did you ever roleplay, /v/?
>>
File: moving on up.png (2 MB, 1910x1526) Image search: [Google]
moving on up.png
2 MB, 1910x1526
Chick Tracts thread?
>>
>>333447538
>science is a religion
oh yeah, has GOD ever given you a smartphone?

i didnd't think so

fucking religion fags BTFO AHAHA
>>
>>333447264
Only erotic ones.
>>
File: 1396312041559.png (419 KB, 1402x1369) Image search: [Google]
1396312041559.png
419 KB, 1402x1369
>>333447538
>>
File: 1396311840419.png (25 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1396311840419.png
25 KB, 468x240
>>
>>333447538
>tyler doubts god when he's ten
>is immediately murdered and sent to hell

Damn God, that's cold.
>>
No, but I do have a headcanon that I keep entirely to myself
>>
I ERP'd a few times during my maplestory days.
>>
>>333448732
Cathy is my waifu
>>
File: the last generation.png (1 MB, 1914x1494) Image search: [Google]
the last generation.png
1 MB, 1914x1494
>>333449474
>>
>>333447538

why is it that christians think their origin story is so much easier to believe?

>where did everything come from?
>god made it
>where did god come from
>uh he was just always there, i guess
>>
>>333450401
"Mystery of faith"
>>
>>333450401
People need to realize we're all fucking stupid and just chill out.
>>
>>333450686
Some omnipotent superbeing created us and is having a huge fucking laugh because the entry condition he set for all of humanity getting into heaven was every living being admitting their retardation at the same time.

Say it with me, boys and girls.

"I'm a fucking retard!"
YAAAAAAAAAAY
>>
i play TTRPGs so yeah
>>
>>333450401
Faith gives people solace. It tells them that there are things in the universe that are un-understandable, and that it's ok to not know. That it's ok to believe and hope. It makes people happy to "know" that someone outside their understanding is there and cares for them.
>>
>>333450137
jesus christ did those parents call their son a monster?
>>
File: disgusted_kitty.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_kitty.png
427 KB, 514x662
>>333450854
>>333450686
>>333450401
>>333450540
>>333447538

i know this isn't supposed to be a thread about religion, but one thing that never makes sense to me is why jesus is necessary/why heaven is exclusive.

to start with, why is hell even necessary? why punish people for a literal eternity of suffering because for an amount of time that is minuscule by comparison, they didn't figure out the correct god was real?

secondly, there's this whole thing where god had to send jesus to earth to die innocently because somehow one innocent death cancels out infinite sins (but only if you believe it happened). Doesn't this imply that god is bound by some rules that he can't control with regards to getting people into heaven and that sending jesus to die was like some kind of loophole?

also is an innocent death cancels out infinite sins, then how come every time a baby dies from something, that doesn't count just as much as jesus?
>>
>>333451592
>to start with, why is hell even necessary? why punish people for a literal eternity of suffering because for an amount of time that is minuscule by comparison, they didn't figure out the correct god was real?
Scare tactics. Religion lives beyond regional borders, the more people you have in your religion the more people you can influence.

>secondly, there's this whole thing where god had to send jesus to earth to die innocently because somehow one innocent death cancels out infinite sins (but only if you believe it happened). Doesn't this imply that god is bound by some rules that he can't control with regards to getting people into heaven and that sending jesus to die was like some kind of loophole?
Jesus wasn't innocent, he sent him to die so that humies could get into heaven. Basically some Jew wanted people to think he was divine and couldn't think of a good reason. Supposedly he was a pretty cool dude, though.

>also is an innocent death cancels out infinite sins
Not how it works, it was just Jesus.
>>
>>333451961
>Jesus wasn't innocent, he sent him to die so that humies could get into heaven

yeah but why was this necessary. why couldn't got just say "alright, starting tuesday we're letting non jews into heaven" instead of taking like a third of his consciousness and converting it into jizz to be shot into some random teenage virgin
>>
>>333451592
You should look into the catholic concept of how sin works. There are three tiers, eternal (one way ticket to hell, do not pass go), Mortal (better fucking repent or your ass is grass), and venial (Enjoy purgatory, asshole)

There's a notion in judeo-christian theology that god's word is absolute. Hell, god's word IS. Everything that exists flows from god's word. So going back and changing shit is kinda a big deal. OT god is also angry vengeful motherfucker.

It has to be jesus because jesus is the son of god, and also god himself (trinity is DUMB DOGMA). By killing god, you also symbolically kill the word, and thus can change shit.
>>
>>333447264
Yes. Erotically. Any non-erotic roleplay I keep casual and only in MMOs among very close friends who rarely ever play them anymore.
>>
>>333452257
That doesn't make for a good story.
It's gets weirder because God was angry about it, for some reason.
I guess he needed someone to spread the word, and he might as well kill his son while he's at it. He wasn't talking to people anymore in the New Testament.
>>
>>333447264
In a videogame?
Hell no.
>>
File: 1438193005411.jpg (57 KB, 406x606) Image search: [Google]
1438193005411.jpg
57 KB, 406x606
>Attempt to roleplay on servers
>Instantly cringe hard and log out

How do you guys even do it?
>>
>>333452725
Shame is a little voice in your head. You've already learned how to tune out voices from outside, now you must learn how to tune out voices from the inside.
>>
>>333452347

so basically god made a rule that he later regretted and had to kill himself to change his mind? really this is like a fundamental flaw in christianity, IMO, that you have this idea that god is all powerful but had to jump through HUGE hoops with this jesus thing to get something done instead of just willing it to be so
>>
Used to endlessly on first 4 ratchet and clanks that I was ratchet and all my friends from school were there with me on the adventure and I kept having to save or impress the girl I liked
>>
>>333452910
The fundamental flaw is that it's written by innumerable people who had no communication with eachother, interpreted things in different ways, and then was translated by people who had major personal agendas.
Don't try to make too much sense of it.
>>
>>333452910
Pulling this out of my ass, but... Unless you consider that if God is all powerful, then even he could not break is own word.
>>
>>333452910
Divine infallibility. God said it, it is true. End of story
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
Religious dogma is weird.
>>
Only time I ever roleplayed was in the wc3 frozen throne Battle.net SoTRDP and those various other RP maps.

Probably spent my majority of time playing them, even though mostly every session lasted one hour until the majority of people left.

Longest/most satisfying session was 3 hours.
Damn those were the good days.
>>
>>333453168
>>333453258

seems like bullshit to me since he broke his own word anyway, he just had to get himself killed to do it, but ok
>>
I RP way too much on TERA
>>
>>333453606
The only way to break god's word is to kill god. You kill god, you kill the word.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (29 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
29 KB, 1024x576
No. Fuck no. I can tolerate a lot of shit but that disgusts me. Diaper fetishists worry me less than RPers.
>>
>>333453832
But won't god come back as long as people believe in him?
>>
>>333454215
God comes back all on his own because god decreed it.
I'm not a scholar on this shit, I'm just drawing reasonable inferences based on what I know of the dogma.
>>
>>333453859
Diaper fetishist detected
>>
>>333453859
Co-writing a story with someone else worries you more than people who enjoy reducing themselves to infants and wading in their own piss and shit?
>>
>>333453859
<insert diaper fetishist that went and grabbed used diapers out of trash bins and wore them claiming that it was highly unlikely to be bad for his health here>
>>
>>333453832

why is god even killable, shouldn't he be invincible?
>>
>>333453606
you can't limit omnipotence.
>>
File: [dragon noises].jpg (123 KB, 500x1116) Image search: [Google]
[dragon noises].jpg
123 KB, 500x1116
I used to play tabletop games and roleplayed. It was fun.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.