[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about buying Diablo 3, is it true that it is not shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Diablo_III_RoS_Cover.jpg (90 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_III_RoS_Cover.jpg
90 KB, 256x364
Thinking about buying Diablo 3, is it true that it is not shit after the expansion?
>>
No. The only people who say so never played D2 and didn't really understand what was wrong in the first place, and merely thought more content would fix it.
>>
it is fun, that is true.
>>
I loved Diablo 2 with a passion, I got 3 and it just didn't do anything for me.
Got it as a gift and still had buyer's remorse.
>>
It's pure and utter shit.
If you played and enjoyed Diablo 2, you'll hate 3.

Play Path of Exile instead. It's free and pretty much Diablo 2: 2
>>
>combat summed up: 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,4 repeat

game is dull. hardest difficulty isn't hard till you reach end game.

just dont even bother. go play the trial version, thats a good summary of what i'm talking about.
>>
>>333444485
What exactly is wrong with it?
I'm playing D2 right now, just beat act 2 as necro. Enjoying it so far.
>>
It's fun. Despite what people say, you can make some pretty cool builds and it's a lot less cookie-cutter than people make it out to be.

It's not as good as Diablo 2, but I think Blizzard has done a good job with Diablo 3 for the past few patches.

Don't fall for the PoE meme. Combat is garbage in that game until you get to the end-game.
>>
The PS4 version is the definitive edition
>>
>>333444373
Expansion won't help in making the game fell "better" or different at all.
If you hate the main game, you will hate RoS. It is more-of-the-same with bigger numbers, flashier gear and uglier monsters
I absolutely hated the story, but loved the desert and ice mountain maps (act 2 and 3, I think). If anything, it's a good time waster if you enjoy grinding and farming rare stuff.
>>
i haven't played since i finished my first playthrough.
it really is the only game i regret.
>>
it fixed vanilla issues but the problem the game is only fun for a week at a time and blizzard knows this. its game people treat like an old relative that they visit once or twice a year. it has no lasting appeal because now you are literally handed free sets for doing nothing. it becomes stale really fast because they refuse to actually randomize maps, or add itemization beyond makes skill do 9999999% damage
>>
>>333444529
>online only
NOPENOPENOPE
>>333444864
this
I'm only playing this on consoles because there's no risk of getting kicked in a SP campaign, which is retarded and unacceptable
>>
>>333444373
Not if you enjoy a cartoonish lord of tactics who appears before you to tell you what his plans are and when.
>>
>>333444779
No item diversity, you look for the bigger number in your primary stat
No builds, you just use whatever skill is most efficient
Uniques/sets are handed out like candy
Cartoonish setting instead of gothic one
>>
How can anyone play this game and enjoy it? It's seriously a "click buttons and see pretty colours" simulator.
It was so god damn easy on my first playthrough; as soon as I could, I cranked the difficulty up to the max possible before beating the game (TORMENT II) and it's still so simple that the game is not at all fun.
I know people will say "it gets better after your first playthrough, but that does not a good game make. It should not take an entire playthrough to make the game enjoyable.
>>
>>333445365
>im gonna shitpost like its vanilla
at least catch up after 4 years man
>>
>>333445501
Don't bother. RoS being awful is a meme and will be repeated now and forever.
>>
Reminder that Diablo 3 is the 10th best selling video game of all time.
>>
Get it on console.
Trading, gifting, nemesis invasions, offline, couch coop, superior controls, etc.
>>
>>333445686

The damage is already done, they'd have to overhaul the whole games look to fix that
>>
>>333444373
yeah it's pretty fun

Played it with a friend for a couple of weeks and got 4 full armor sets (2 for WD, 2 for DH) and up to G.Rift 50~55 can't recall.

It's a bit short-lived because as soon as you get a full set of armor (which drastically changes your abilities and playstyle) you pretty much got to the top of the food chain. All it's left is to get the remaining sets to check out how they play or challange yourself with harder and harder greater Rifts (randomized levels you need to beat within a time limit)

Still, for the 30€ I paid on the base game + Xpac I got moer than 100 hours out of it and a lot of fun playing through it all in co-op.

I guess more autistic hardcore 1000+ hour fans are mad from changes in design between D2 and D3, or still have a hate-boner because of D3's bad launch so they are biased and still call it unplayable shit to this day.

TD;DR It's a fun game and even if you burn out quickly because you play it 8 hours every day, that's still enough time invested to warrant the price. I got it discounted but still.
>>
File: No Fighting In The War Room.jpg (113 KB, 650x994) Image search: [Google]
No Fighting In The War Room.jpg
113 KB, 650x994
>>333446068

Diablo on PSQuadruple makes me wish there were more ARPGs on consoles
>>
>>333445894
I don't give a shit how it looks, mate. I'm here to click monsters and increase numbers. If I was after the aesthetic immersive experience I wouldn't touch this genre with a ten foot pole.
>>
>>333446068
The seasons are a great way to combat grind fatigue. You'll get bored halfway through a season and stop playing. Then the new season starts, and you read the patch notes and go "omg wow" and start playing again. Rinse and repeat.
>>
Game is easy to pick up and play. You can't fuck up your character, you can only be less efficient.
Gear dictates your build, especially true when you start getting into gear sets.
It's fun, but other games in the same genre gives more challenge or atleast gives a more interesting way of making your character.
>>
>hey guys more stash space!
>but lol you gotta jump through these hoops for a year to get more tabs while console gets all tabs buyable with gold

uninstall.exe and never looked back.
>>
File: EDF4.1 8.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 8.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>333446282
There are more top-down 4-player co-op games

If you want a much harder, and yet more arcady diablo-like game check out Gauntlet. It gets very challanging later on and controls are much tighter than diablo, the core gameplay is even more fun. It's also really cheap (free if you had PS+ in december 2015)

Helldivers is very fun also, a game where friendly-fire kills as much as the bad guys. Got out on PS4 first but then came to PC too AFAIK. It has a futuristic setting unlike diablo but it'll give you even harder laughs with the fuckups you inevitably make.

Alienation is releasing by the end of the month, looks very promising. Basically a flashier Helldivers but I have no clue how items progression or classes work on this one. I just know I'll grab it.

And finally, even though it's a third person-shooter, it hold the same co-op feeling of D3 and the other, while being the most complete and fun game. EDF4.1 with 4 very distinct classes, crazy levels/enemies, physics, and I think more than 400 different weapons/vehicles/bombs. It's the most fun you could have with a game of this kind and I highly recommend it above any other, even though you should play them all.

keep in mind I hold a bias for these games because I always have friends to play with, I only ever get to play with randoms when I feel there's a need for a full party (In EDF4.1's case, there is). So my experience might be better than those who go in alone or with randoms.

>>333446791
PS4 while being a more complete version in other aspects, lacks seasons. It still gets the same content but no resets. I guess we can delete old characters and start anew but I had fun times with it and already moved on. I guess you're right though.
>>
File: 1445712282263.jpg (93 KB, 1071x999) Image search: [Google]
1445712282263.jpg
93 KB, 1071x999
when is the new x pac coming out? got ros for transmog lol.
>>
Are you supposed to turn the damage visualization numbers OFF? They seem annoying in lets plays.
>>
>>333448669
But anon, the entire point of the game is making those numbers go higher.
>>
>>333444373
If it's your first time going in you'll probably have fun for a while. But eventually you'll burnt out of their seasonal system if you aren't a full on twitch autist. Ultimately, it's a shallow join and drop ARPG.
>>
>>333444485
I've played diablo 2 and i can say diablo 3 is arguably better now

The story is still shit but that's not why you play it.
>>
File: Diablo 3.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Diablo 3.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>>333444373
>>
>>333448782
they're not in D1/D2
>>
>>333449178
you're not "supposed" to do anything other than what you want to do, anon. this is video games, not work.
>>
>>333444373
Game is fucking retarded. You're either one shotting maps or getting one shot. The difference between a level 1 rift and a 100 rift? The number of zeros. Endgame is doing a rift to do a higher level rift to do a higher level rift
>>
>>333445365

Sigh.

Ok .

I'll buy .

1)here are builds .
Builds are centered around armor/weapon sets.

2)Bigger numbers are not the only important thing . it's different equipment effects as well.

3)You can equip legendary equipment powers directly onto your character now which adds even MORE customization and variety of play-style.

4) Graphics are fine. clean and simple.

5)Legendaries ARE easier to find now but good luck finding the legendaries you actually WANT.

Problem with diablo 3 is that lack of significant content update makes the game style after a while.

You can only right click so many times.
>>
>>333444373
Play it with your Dad.
>>
It's improved since launch for sure, but it still doesn't hold my attention for more than a few weeks at the start of a new season. I usually play Marvel Heroes when I need to scratch the itch for these types of games.
>>
File: 1384912839722s.jpg (7 KB, 250x211) Image search: [Google]
1384912839722s.jpg
7 KB, 250x211
>>333450472
So it's L I T E R A L L Y diablo 2 for good and worse.
>>
>>333444373
RoS doesnt fix any thing. I dont know why the "amagad diablo 3 is so good with RoS" meme came from. All it does is cheapen the expeience and levels you up super fast so you grind out paragons in adventure mode or whatever the fuck its called.

RoS literally made Diablo 3 into the McDonalds Happy Meal version of Diablo.
>>
>>333444373
oh yea also consider playing Grim Dawn or something instead. Grim Dawn is pretty fun imo. Or just keep playing Diablo 2.
>>
Grim Dawn shits all over it.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.