[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played Runescape before... Any tips for a newbie just starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 3374614-runescape3-650x325.jpg (70 KB, 650x325) Image search: [Google]
3374614-runescape3-650x325.jpg
70 KB, 650x325
Never played Runescape before... Any tips for a newbie just starting out. I hav 10mill from a friend that quit, so I thought id give it a whirl.
>>
I've been watching outdated guides and stuff on skilling, but is there any playing right now that could give me insight?
>>
b u m p
>>
Get some rune armor and have it trimmed, sells like crazy on Grand Exchange.
>>
File: 1435982477027.png (63 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1435982477027.png
63 KB, 256x256
Quests.
Do as many of them as you can as quickly as you can.
Don't be afraid to use a guide, especially on the older quests.
Look up some low-level money making guides, because 10m might not last you very long, especially when/if you dive into some members skills like Herblore.
>>
Buying girlfriend
>>
Check out iAm Naveed on YouTube, I follow his guides.
>>
I'd say put minimum 6-7 mill in the bank until you can use it well (dragon weps/armor or w/e the kids use these days). You'll still be able to spend money like a baller at lower levels (full rune's what, 100K? Big whoop) but it'll help get your foot in the door for high level combat when you get there
>>
The other thing is try to have some fun. Like anon said quests quests quests, open up new areas, equipment, abilities, generally a good time. If you play it like you're grinding a pvp pure it's not gonna be great
>>
>>333434562
Someone training Herblore here:
Cleaning herbs is a SLOW AS FUCK way to train Herblore, but actually MAKES MONEY.

If you aren't confident about being able to make shit-tonnes of money faster than you can burn through it, it's a good way to make money and gain xp at the same time. In fact, it's so good, that I can shrink my window to the size of a fucking pea and watch netflix or some other show or video while occasionally:

Step 1: Glancing at progress
Step 2: If complete, click on banker
Step 3: Press 1
Step 4: Press 1 again
Step 5: Hit spacebar

I don't even have to look at what I'm doing after step 1, I can immediately shift attention back to the video and go through the motions because I have my grimy herbs set as my first quickswap slot in the bank presets and 'clean grimy herb' set to the 1 slot of my hotbar.

AFK herb training and making money is pretty much an automatic win for me. Can make a mil+ an hour doing that. If I make enough money I might even put some if not all of the profit into making actual potions for a quick burst of xp, although recently I feel like I should do flash powder factory stuff to get gear that increases potionmaking xp.
>>
>>333430871
if you're not already a member buy a bond with that 10m
>>
>>333437041
>I'd actually say to wait and do the F2P quests and hit most F2P skills at around 40-60 before getting membership.

A single bond is only worth 14 days of membership. Unless he spends six days of that doing divination day in and day out to hit 95div, he's probably not going to get to a state where he can make enough money to continue the membership very easily, and it'd be far too simple to get lost in doing shit you could do in free on your limited member's time.
>>
>>333437248
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide

scroll all the way down to the recurring methods, ANYONE can easily make the money required for a bond in less than a week of casual play, hell before I got vip membership I used to sustain my bonds from just herb runs and vis wax, pretty much
>>
>>333438373
I keep forgetting about the recurring stuff. Some part of me just doesn't have the heart to make daily runs in the game, for some reason or another.
>>
>>333434562
This.
RuneScape has the greatest quests of any MMO ever
>>
>>333436389
I haven't played since '10 so don't take my word for it but you're probably better off doing something than makes money and then burning that money on mats for exp

or you could play a good game instead
>>
File: Zanik_(The_Mighty_Fall).png (702 KB, 624x1245) Image search: [Google]
Zanik_(The_Mighty_Fall).png
702 KB, 624x1245
>>333438480
The early ones, not so much. The middle ones, pretty fucking good! The most recent ones? Still a cut above standard MMO schlock but since John A left Jagex, the finale of the Zanik saga took a huge fucking hit. Image related.

Fucking kill me.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.