[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They're removing the GamerGate line from Baldur's Gate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: S66R8V5.png (76 KB, 884x927) Image search: [Google]
S66R8V5.png
76 KB, 884x927
http://archive.is/VPnGW
>>
>>333425960
By the way, the specific quote is:
>As for Minsc’s line, Oster wrote: “Looking back on the line, we agree with the feedback from our community, it has nothing to do with his character and we will be removing the line.”
>>
>>333425960

So Gamergate got a game censored?
>>
>>333425960
what was the line? How hamfisted was it?
>>
>>333426214
it was an "it's about ethics in [insert whatever]" joke
>>
File: 1457987805271.gif (1023 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
1457987805271.gif
1023 KB, 500x361
>>333426114
I thought it was only censorship if the government did it.
>>
>>333426283
>I thought it was only censorship if the government did it.

Not according to /v/ or GG.
>>
>>333425960

>/v/ says it's against censorship
>celebrates when a dev censors their game

Just fuck off already. You fucks are making me hate you as much as the soc-jus brigade.
>>
>thread is on auto-sage
Cool job mods
>>
>>333426679
nobody gives a shit if it's removed

the problem is it happened in the first place
the game already sucks ass and there's people in positions of influence who are faggots and shove their politics in everything
>>
>>333426114
You can still find the line on youtube
>>
>>333426793
>>333426951

So GG and /v/ seek to censor games whose content they don't like now? Sounds a lot like SJWs to me.
>>
File: dd.png (1003 KB, 937x516) Image search: [Google]
dd.png
1003 KB, 937x516
>>333426793

>nobody gives a shit if it's removed
>the problem is it happened in the first place

So you're fine with Doughnut Drake being removed?
>>
>>333427061
it's a stupid thing that also happened in the first place so yes I dislike it

i don't really care if they put it back in that much
>>
File: smackity.jpg (10 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
smackity.jpg
10 KB, 229x250
>Actually it's about ethics in game censorship.
>>
This mostly came from the BG fandom and not from GG.

GG had their focus on the tranny part. BG fans can't stand one of their favorite characters getting reduced to a joke.
>>
>thing /v/ likes gets censored
>it's not ACTUALLY censorship you goofygabblers

>thing SJWs like gets censored
>WELL LOOK WHO CENSORED OUR GAMES, GREAT GOING GOBBERGLUM
>>
>>333427404

>gamergate had nothing to do with the joke making fun of their movement, they were too busy harassing a female developer for putting a tranny in the game

Oh is that the issue Gamergate had their focus on? Interesting to note.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.