[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the development of fallout 3 bethesda took all the iconic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: America fuck yeah!.jpg (79 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
America fuck yeah!.jpg
79 KB, 800x450
In the development of fallout 3 bethesda took all the iconic and essential elements of the originals and mixed them with oblivion's open world, engine and general game style.
So let's make a list of the gameplay and story elements that in bethesda's vision make a "fallout" game shall we.
>post-apocalyptic setting.
>retro futuristic because in the intro of fallout 1 there's an old tv.
>Old music.
>Pip boy and epic wacky vault boy that they decided to overuse way to much.
>Something about water purification just like in fallout 1.
>The geck just like in 2.
>Super mutants that are made with the magical green substance created by, apparently, vault tec since they confused west tek for vault tec.
>Enclave are the irredeemable bad guys and the BoS are the good guys and protector of the wastes.
>Green hud (very important apparently).
>Harold has to appear for some reason.
>Quests though that was already part of oblivion so no changes there.
>A karma system that decides if you were a good boy or not.
>Aimed shots or vats.
>Gore because apparently the death animations were really funny in the originals so they put a lot of focus on that and the bloody mess perk (because for some reason bethesda hates traits).
Role playing was not really something that they cared for but you could still decide if you wanted to be an evil asshole or a goody two shoes in the side quests only. Even if you are bad you can only side with the BoS for the main quest.
The family search thing was an original idea by bethesdaâ„¢ because family is very important guys.
So Anything else?
>>
I always wished they gave you more choice about joining factions, like actually joining them.
> oh you'd be halfway to general by now if you were enlisted or whatever
Why the fuck am i not? Clearly the ncr needs troops.
Or maybe even join or create your own raider group and just fuck shit up.
Idk man but i agree with you.
>>
>>333417946
At least you could work for the ncr in NV and end up feeling part of them, instead in 3 you can only backstab the BoS by destroying their base literally at the very end of the story when it doesn't even matter anymore. Anyway, i can already tell this thread will flop so back to shitposting it is.
>>
>>333416627
>retro futuristic because in the intro of fallout 1 there's an old tv
Pretty sure Fallout was always retrofuturistic, F3 just made a different approach with a heavy focus on 50s-60s culture while F1 and 2 were far more mixed
>>
>Pip boy and epic wacky vault boy that they decided to overuse way to much.
>to much
>to where? To much. I'm going to much.
How is this so hard?
>>
I feel mostly the same way as OP. I never even got into the Fallout series. It just has enough appeal for me that I wish I had, but it's ruined by these odd design choices. It's a jarring combination of good and bad. I really dislike the way they make fun of themselves with...i dunno what it's called, the campiness of it? Like how descriptions are meant to be funny and how stupid the pip boy looks.
>>
>>333420248
opss, i meant "too". It's a typo, no need to punish me senpai.
>>
File: 1458868536331.jpg (87 KB, 780x513) Image search: [Google]
1458868536331.jpg
87 KB, 780x513
Lol. Shut up fuckin nerd.
>>
File: this_faggot_look.jpg (36 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
this_faggot_look.jpg
36 KB, 600x300
>>333416627
>>
in terms of representing fallout accurately (with fo1 as the metric of what fallout is)

1>NV>2>>>>>>>4>3

sandbox/theme park quality

3>NV>>>>>>>>4>2>1

gameplay quality

it all sucks
>>
File: 1452178189296.jpg (28 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1452178189296.jpg
28 KB, 250x242
>>333422482
>It just works! Why don't you dumb people get it?
It's beyond me how there are people who still don't consider bethesda shit developer
>>
>>333416627

wasn't the DC chapter of the brotherhood the only "good" one? lyon's brotherhood of steel stuck around instead of continuing their mission to obtain any technology they could find in order to help out people in the wasteland. there's even outcasts who split from lyon's group because they felt like his efforts to help out was pointless and what not.
>>
>>333423339
That's right. What I don't understand is why bethesda didn't just created a new faction instead of using this good branch of the brotherhood as the good guys of the game. The same applies to the enclave, couldn't they just make a new faction for the bad guys?.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.