[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT genuinely amazing handheld games >That atmosphere >Those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 256px-Dementium.jpg (18 KB, 256x230) Image search: [Google]
256px-Dementium.jpg
18 KB, 256x230
ITT genuinely amazing handheld games
>That atmosphere
>Those genuinely scary enemies
>Those puzzles
One of the best, if not the best first person games on the DS in my opinion
>>
>tfw no Dementium 1 HD and Dementium 3
>>
File: 81zl7-HVxfL._SL1500_.jpg (410 KB, 1500x1370) Image search: [Google]
81zl7-HVxfL._SL1500_.jpg
410 KB, 1500x1370
>>333387157
>not posting the superior sequel
come on now
>>
>>333387157
Hotel Dusk
Fire Emblem Awakening
Ghost Trick
>>
>>333387157
It's sad to see how hard Renegade Kid has fallen.
Everything they make nowadays looks like shovelware, they failed the kickstarter for that one horror game, and they're not even trying to do neat things with hardware like they did back in the DS days.
Shame.
>>
>>333387157
>>333387601
They were both fucking awful games.
>>
Is the Fatal Frame spin-off on the 3DS any good?
>>
>>333388402
It's neither good nor bad. You have to play in a well lit area too, as you need to use the 3DS camera, which ruins the atmosphere.
>>
>>333387885

>Awakening

tippity-top kek mate.

I'll let it slide this time because of the other two games you posted.
>>
File: frood.jpg (15 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
frood.jpg
15 KB, 500x333
>>333388040
Who called the pleb patrol?
>>
>>333388596
>You have to play in a well lit area too
What a bummer. But I guess I'll get it anyway. "Neither good nor bad" soudns good enough for me, since the concept of the game sounds interesting enough for me.
>>
TWEWY
Ghost Trick
>>333387885
>Awakening
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 443x418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 443x418
Still my favorite handheld game
>>
>Having to hold a spooky game right up to your face

I'm finding it hard to state games that make the most out of being portable / on a smaller screen and not just great games that happen to have been released on inferior hardware when a console version would be better. Hotel Dusk was fucking stellar. We will never see anything like that again past the nintendo handheld golden-age.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.