[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HORROR GAMES IN VR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 2856719-2644400-nvfbj9x.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2856719-2644400-nvfbj9x.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
When VR takes off and people start making games for it competently is horror going to be the next big thing?

no deep sea game tho that's too scary
>>
>that blue whale demo thing on steam

Nope fuck that fuck whales fuck you
>>
DK2 user here. I legitimately think it's the only way horror is going to keep it's edge. You no longer need to turn the lights out and try to get immersed in a little screen, because in VR you just feel like you're in the game.

Alien Isolation was far better on it despite some animation issues and a lot of the indie horror demos out there managed to creep me out with tactics that wouldn't even phase me on a monitor.
>>
I'm more scared of screamer links being taken to the next level.
>>
I just want someone to do something I like with the groundwork PT laid. C'mon gimme a real spooky hallway with arbitrary ending requirements!
>>
>>333387310
there will definitely be plenty of projects in the works that we haven't heard about. I PT was the inspiration a lot of devs needed to think horror was a genre worth getting back onboard with
>>
I'm interested to see when the first person has a heart attack and dies playing something. It'll probably be some fat old fuck with a weak heart who'd die if he strained to hard taking a dump but the newspapers would have a field day
>>
>horror in VR
Literally not even going to try. Ever. I almost had a heart attack playing several horrors game on my pleb monitor.
>>
>>333385895
Fuck I just got a great idea for a movie.

>Guy gets VR
>Plays a few games
>Downloads the newest horror game
>It's much more graphic/scary than the trailers show
>Has to stop for a while
>Overwhelming urge to put it back on
>plays the game multiple more times
>Each time it gets significantly worse
>Horrible shit chasing him etc
>Near the end he takes off the headset
>It makes no difference
>All that shit is still there
>>
>>333389762
>movie
You mean shitty creepypasta
>>
>>333389975
I reckon it'd be an interesting concept to do, kinda like that segment with the robot eye in vhs. But whatever.
>>
>can't even watch scary movies due to genetic heart condition

PS2 is my cutoff for horror games and I play those with squinty eyes and the volume down. I'm really interested in good horror storytelling but it seems like jump scares are the new, uninspired norm. Cut out all the story exposition shoveled to you through letters and newspaper scraps and build interesting horror mystery through better narrative and atmosphere.

At least I still have books. I probably won't ever be able to handle a vr horror game.
>>
File: 12001634.jpg (159 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
12001634.jpg
159 KB, 1024x768
>>333389762
>polybius 2.0
>>
>>333390783
i don't really follow or care for creepypasta but for some reason that cabinet makes me uncomfortable to look at
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.