[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many games have the player wiggle the analog stick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: FME3KHUFRXWGE41.MEDIUM[1].jpg (29 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
FME3KHUFRXWGE41.MEDIUM[1].jpg
29 KB, 620x465
Why do so many games have the player wiggle the analog stick to do something like break free from a stun or an enemy hold? Are developers fuckign retarded, controllers are fragile pieces of shit and their games require A LOT of movement to do whatever. Is this a way to ensure players keep buying gamepads for their consoles and PCs?
>>
Emulates a struggle.
>>
>>333385586
>>>/x/
>>
>>333385586
In my experience first-party controllers can take quite a heavy beating, they are designed for it afterall. Save the kool aid for something serious, kiddo.
>>
because most of us don't break our controllers
>>
>>333385820
Neither do you get out of a stun lock, gentle anon.
>>
>>333385586

Anon, it's "wiggle the thumbstick", not "throw the goddamn controller across the room". They're actually built pretty sturdy.
>>
I agree. There should also be a peripheral that shoves a dildo up your butt when the enemy decides.to rape your female healer and you must resist or submit like the slut ypu are
>>
>>333385586
>>333385896
Do you even play videogames?
Name 5 games that do this or you're full of shit.
>>
I always hated having to waggle the b64 sticoin games. I felt it was only a matter of time b4 the thing came off
>>
>>333386190
I meant to say n64 stick in games wth
>>
>>333386054
RE4,5,6 etc
A few games by Platinum
Mario Party
I'm sure you have seen this in video games. Some devs make use of the shoulder buttons or triggers, even the normal button mashing event is alright. But the analogs are always about very precise movement, not just spamming input. If they wanted to the stick wiggling appear hard then they fucking succeeded.
>>
>>333385586
It annoys me as well but most modern controllers can handle it. They don't require massive amounts of force.
>>
>>333386054
top kek, literally I have never played vidya - the post plus plz feed me I am too young or dumb to know shit.
>>
File: 1457978305337.png (76 KB, 249x225) Image search: [Google]
1457978305337.png
76 KB, 249x225
OP here, I'll just bind a macro/turbo for the analog and make them eat shit.
>>
It's a work, a work by game devs and console makers to get you to replace those expensive controllers. Also add button mashing to the mix, there is no use for that. This may sound like sarcasm but it's not.
>>
>>333386567
I think so as well. The PSP has rubber pads that prop up the buttons and rubber degrades over time. I think the GC gamepad also had rubber underneath the buttons or maybe it was some other Nintendo console. But all gamepads are just pieces of hardware and even using them normally takes its toll on them. Analogs can become loose too.
By the way I'm unfamiliar with newer tech yet they keep stuffing new modules inside controllers for what not, are they really that much stronger?
>>
>>333386375
>>333386494
I know it exists, I wanted OP to prove he did and wasn't just conspiracy posting for the sake of it. Never had a first-party controller die on me. In fact, never had sticks specifically crap out on me ever.
>>
>>333385586
OP I really would like to know how many led paint chips you had for breakfast?
>>
File: 1416082392909.jpg (11 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
1416082392909.jpg
11 KB, 208x208
>>333385586
I play a ton of Smash Bros. but only my oldest GC controller has any notable wear on it, and it was that way before I even got into SSB. Meanwhile my friends have cycled through multiple controllers with broken shoulder buttons/worn rubber on the analog sticks etc. I don't really understand it.
>>
>>333386494
>I was only pretending to be retarded.
sure thing bud
>>
>>333387028
>I was only pretending to be retarded.
sure thing bud
also I quoted the wrong at first post, kek.
>>
File: 8-ME0001510844_2.jpg (66 KB, 449x360) Image search: [Google]
8-ME0001510844_2.jpg
66 KB, 449x360
>hey guys I've got a good idea for gameplay
>what if we had sequences where the player has to mash every button on the controller as fast as possible to not die
fuck this shit
>>
>>333387265
>supporting analog stick genocide
Come on, it can't be that "healthy" to spin it around really fast just so you can regain control of your character in-game. In fact, some games require movement of the X-axis only, while others want you to do FULL circles for it to even count as input. By full circle I don't mean just 360 deg rotation, but actually reach 100% in all axes. /v/ was right about QTE.
>>
This is super annoying in MGR

>get stunned
>waggle
>get stunned again

It's not fun and it doesn't require skill, it's just a shit mechanic that adds unnecessary wear on controllers
>>
>>333387497
That's not what pretending to be retarded is, I never claimed it didn't exist, I only asked him to name some he'd played that may have worn his controller down. Reason being that I wanted to know if they were games I'd played.
>>
>>333387809
Don't get stunned scrub
>>
>>333387848
So you are trying to tell me that you just played a round of quiz even though you knew what he said is true and now you try to make up some legit reason for it? ok sure whatever.
>>
File: sfv alex.png (472 KB, 634x461) Image search: [Google]
sfv alex.png
472 KB, 634x461
>>333385896
>>333385586

>/v/ mandrills can't play games properly without breaking their peripherals
holy shit niggers, do you guys suck that bad or can't you really regulate your own retard strenght? Been playing videogames since a long time a never fucked up my controllers or friend ones either, most of the times when I go to arcades I see retards just bashing the sticks like primates and later wondering why the fuck they don't work
>>
>>333388237
it's hard not to with that god awful camera
>>
>>333388239
He claimed it wore down/broke his controller's analog sticks, which not only have I never had happen but I've never known to have happened. That's why I asked about it in a baity way to pressure him for examples.
>>
>>333388562
ok this actually makes sense. Pretty sure OP was baiting himself. I have not even had any controller peel or anything at all in the 18 or so years that I play on consoles, was PC only before that for another bunch of years but my mice actually break every 2-3 years since logitech dropped in quality recently.
>>
>>333389284
>but my mice actually break every 2-3 years since logitech dropped in quality recently.
Why not buy quality mice? /g/ has some good recommendations in that department, just don't linger there too long of they'll rub off on you.
>>
>>333389786
I guess I could check. I think my mice might not even be the problem but me playing on a laptop and having the mouse cable break off sharply on the edges of it leading to defective contacts. I ll try to get my old ones fixed now, pretty sure I would need an old mx518 or older with thick cables to prevent this issue but those cost fucking shitloads by now. I might be wrong ofc.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.