[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it? Can i perform genocide in this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.jpg (106 KB, 951x506) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
106 KB, 951x506
Is it worth it?
Can i perform genocide in this game?
>>
>>333381959
nigga just play EU3
>>
You need like 8 DLCs to make EU4 worth it.
>>
>>333381959

Worst EU ever.

Play EU 3.
>>
>>333382073
There are pack with a bunch of DLCs on sale right now
>>
Wait for a humble bundle sale and get it with all the DLCs for like 15-20 quid. Base game is playable but is missing a lot of features because of paracuck jewery

If you can't wait for sale, buy EU3 chronicles (not EU3 complete which ironically is incomplete)
>>
>>333381959
In the end? Pirate it. I played a pirated version for a while to see if I could get into it, then waited for a good discount. DLC's are ridicolous. Only considering the ones with actual gameplay, no unit packs or music, the shit goes up in price at a ridicolous rate. Everything until Common Sense have feautures that are fundamental to me and put together it's 60 bucks for a game with a 80% discount. Def too much.

Btw, I'm still on the fence if buying it or not.
>>
Is EU3 > EU4 a meme like Civ 4 > Civ 5 or is it for real this time?
>>
>>333382112
Do DLCs from other sites work with steam version? The base price right now is good.

>>333382112 The pack contains the first three useful DLCs and a bunch of shit that no one cares of.
>>
>>333382273

>Civ 4 > Civ 5
>a meme

It's a fact.
>>
>>333382273
It's just that Eu3 at the moment is more complete and doenst nearly have as much essential DLC
>>
>>333382342
>EU4 release date 13 Aug, 2013

How the fuck a game that is nearly 3 years old not yet complete?
>>
>>333382387
They found a way, if you buy the base game you're locked out of several features
>>
>>333382467
You can pirate the dlc easily tho. Just go to /gsg/
>>
>>333382185
>using "ironically" incorrectly

i hate /v/ sometimes
>>
>>333382583
Anything that uses ironic incorrectly is ironic and therefore not used incorrectly fag.
>>
>>333382732
could you be anymore ironically gay than you are right now, bitch
>>
Paradox is solidly one of the worst companies out there. On par with Creative Assembly.

>release DLC with cool new features
>sequel doesn't have those features and they get released again as DLC
>>
>>333382901
Doesn't ironically gay basically mean acting straight?
>>
>>333381959
>Can i perform genocide in this game?
Not really.

With bird mana, an abstraction of your diplomatic efforts you can change culture in provinces. That's most likely not genocide though, at least not in the obvious way. More like making them change language and customs.

When it comes to colonization though you can have a hostile native policy, and even actively destroy the natives as you colonize.
Destroying the natives actively isn't really worth it, but a hostile native policy is probably the best thing if you're not starved for troops, since you need nearby troops to beat down native uprisings.

>Is it worth it?
I'd buy the base game and pirate the rest.

I've had some fun in multiplayer with it, and a little in singleplayer.
Had more fun in eu3 when it comes to singleplayer.
>>
>>333382273
Eu4 is a more streamlined version compared to its predecessors just like Civ5 is a more streamlined version compared to its predecessors.
I can still see myself playing both eu3 and eu4, but if I want an earlier civ5 game I'm drawn more to civ2/freeciv
>>
File: hurts.jpg (48 KB, 540x567) Image search: [Google]
hurts.jpg
48 KB, 540x567
>wait for sale for the cossacks cause im not paying 20 shekels for that shit
>its only 5 dollars off now

s.m.h. tbph famalam
>>
>>333383172
Yea but what says you when he is ironically ducking my dock
>>
File: OK.png (145 KB, 420x177) Image search: [Google]
OK.png
145 KB, 420x177
>>333381959
It is ok
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.