[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best frame grabber for recording game vidya footage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: B00392K4LQ-2[1].jpg (14 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
B00392K4LQ-2[1].jpg
14 KB, 600x330
What's the best frame grabber for recording game vidya footage?
>>
File: device-EN.png (91 KB, 980x519) Image search: [Google]
device-EN.png
91 KB, 980x519
>>333369865
Iirc, /ink/ recommends Elgato Game Capture.
>>
No one wants to watch you play video games you fucking faggot get a job
>>
I'm using the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 and I'm quite happy with it.
>>
>>333370351
looks dope but isnt that HDMI-only? I should mention I'm looking for something with composite ins
>>
>>333370473
Get the old Elagto then. Only captures 30 FPS but it supports composite right out of the box with no special adapter needed (Except the one provided)
>>
>>333370473
>>333370684
The Hauppauge HD PVR 2 supporst HDMI, component and compsite.
>>
>>333369865
you don't even need one anymore unless you're capping old consoles/WiiU

For PS4 and Xboxone, just use remoteplay and then capture the window on your PC.
>>
File: 1455696869270.jpg (553 KB, 769x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455696869270.jpg
553 KB, 769x1200
>>333370473
>>333370684
old elgato captures 720/60.
the only thing that the HD60 can do is 1080/60 but you lose the ability to record old consoles.

that being said, if you want to use it for streaming i would advise against it.
the weird delay sucks ass and needs a lot of work in OBS and that stuff to make everything synchronous.
Also Elgatos have problems with short loading screens, they fuck up and lag for an additional second or 2.
recording mario maker with an Elgato is a nightmare because every time you enter a pipe or go into a door it lags for a little bit.
the loading screen lag has been a known issue for a year on the forums but still no fix.
i MUST assume that there is a better alternative from Avermedia.
>>
>>333370442
I can vouch for this guy.

Forced to run 720p (native resoltuion for most cosnole games anyway) to get 60 fps but it runs like a dream.

Also note that if you use any Sony hardware PS3 and up expect to get an hdmi splitter or something that can strip HDCP.
>>
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?23319-HD-PVR2-Composite

If you're interested in HD PVR 2 and composite.
>>
Assuming you're on a PC and not a laptop you could go with an internal capture device instead. There's zero lag when streaming and the quality would be much better. The downside is they'll cost you a bit more.

Check this one out

https://solarisjapan.com/collections/micomsoft/products/sc-512n1-l-dvi-component-hd-and-dvi-capture-board
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.