[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
007: Nightfire (also released as James Bond 007: Nightfire) is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 007_-_Nightfire_Coverart.png (144 KB, 256x329) Image search: [Google]
007_-_Nightfire_Coverart.png
144 KB, 256x329
007: Nightfire (also released as James Bond 007: Nightfire) is a first-person shooter video game featuring the character of the British secret agent James Bond and a sequel to Agent Under Fire, published by Electronic Arts in 2002. It is a remake of Moonraker, with some elements borrowed from You Only Live Twice.
>>
GAT ZEUS
DO MIGOZO
>>
>>333368238
Love this game. I heard the pc version is shit though.
>>
Everything or Nothing was better.
>>
>>333369716
>Hot dogs are better than burgers
That's what the argument is, essentially. Different tastes for different wastes
>>
>>333369931
>Hot dogs are better than burgers
Well that's just absurd.
>>
>>333369716
This. The highway level was GOAT
>>
>>333368238
Nightfire as awesome bond fps and one of the best split screen multiplayer games on ps2
Everything or nothing was awesome 3rd person shooter with 10/10 split screen coop but not so good split screen deathmatch

Both are GOAT games
>>
>>333369051
PC version cuts all the driving missions out, and doesn't even have the alpine map with the skytrams for Multiplayer.
>>
Was Agent Under Fire the one with the jetpacks and grapple claws?
>>
File: BURGER.gif (766 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
BURGER.gif
766 KB, 500x375
>Play king of the hill
>Pick random weapon sets
>Satchel Charges come up as the default weapon
>>
>>333370974
Random was the shit when playing multi. Fun was always guarranteed with it
>>
>>333369716
Everything or Nothing had Willem Dafoe and Jaws, so while the style of gameplay is up for debate, I have to agree.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
>>333369051

I actually played both xbox and pc versions, and I think both have their merits.

Xbox:
Of course skyrail is one of the best maps ever, so much couch multiplayer fun.
The campaign was also pretty good BUT

on PC:
it was fun to play with mouse and keyboard in a single player environment.
Additionally, the single player campaign featured totally unique maps that all had VERY different layouts from the xbox version. It honestly felt like playing two different games. And there were several PC levels I remember more fondly.
The multiplayer had a couple good levels of its own, specifically this one level I remember in a town with lots of alleyways for grappling (which was one of the best aspects of the multiplayer imo)

So I'd say they were both good in their own ways. Xbox was probably better overall due to the amazing multiplayer and polished single, but if you were a fan of the xbox version, playing the PC version after was like playing a pretty good expansion level pack.

I don't expect anyone to read this, but this game was a surprisingly big part of my childhood. Lots of bros in my neighborhood had this game when we were in middle school, and I remember we would go to each others houses impromptu and just sit down and play. A simpler time.
>>
>>333369716
world is not enough on the N64 >>>>>> all
>>
>>333372445
Same thing here. More fun than halo tbqh
>>
>>333370502
Yes. It was badass and an incredibly fun multiplayer game.
>>
Anyone play Everything or Nothing? That shit was amazing from what I remember.
>>
>>333368238
Fuck yeah. I own the superior GC version. Probably spent most hours in couch coop on this game, apart from Smash.

>>333369716
Different game, but also fucking great. I honestly can't compare the 2.
>>
I was 11 when the game came out and was too dumb to enjoy it fully. I regret not coming back to it later.

Also 2002 was 14 years ago.
>>
>>333372883
Fuck off underage
>>
>>333372671
I remember the cliffside freefall and nightclub being awesome. Also the train and tanker chases.
>>
Best mutliplayer James Bond game.
Everything or Nothing would have been great but the classic multiplayer is a joke(Co-op mode was decent tho).
>>
>>333372928
11 + 14 = 25
>>
File: wario_perfect.gif (16 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
wario_perfect.gif
16 KB, 320x288
>>333368238
Friends and i used to play local co op a lot on ps2.

We'd play the cable car level with whichever weapon setup had sentinels. (For those who dont know its a missle launcher and the secondary mode lets you guide the missle with a first person camera)

We'd sit at the stations, 2 people would be on the lasers trying to shoot down the missles, and 2 people with sentinels trying to blow up the other side. Was pretty fun.

We also did a lemmings sort of thing where wed all jump on top of a cable car and try to jump into the passing one as they met. Gap is only big enough for one person so 3 will fall to their death.

Eventually we'd just go back to fragging but it was a lot of fun.
>>
>>333372445
Huh. Maybe I should give the PC version another chance.
>>
>>333373082

I liked trying to guide the missles through the base to the roof, launching the missle from the start of the other base. Farthest I ever made it was up the stairs inside before crashing, but it was still a fun challenge.
>>
>>333374304
Are you me?
>>
Goat game. Enjoyed it on GC and Xbox.
>>
Good game. There is a community oroject to remake the game in source engine.
>>
>>333369051

It's arguable.

PC version is on the half life engine, and has much much bigger levels with better level design, and more open level design, but removes all the driving levels. But in it's place it adds extra on foot missions.

The console version, only the Austrain Alps and Japanese Water Gardens levels are truly good, the rest of the on foot ones are kinda shitty. On PC, there are a lot more actually good on foot missions and the game doesn't go to shit halfway through either. Also the level in the Japanese tower on PC is like 3 hours long and labyrinthine as fuck. Instead of like 3 actually explorable floors on console, it's actually like 50 floors tall on PC.

>>333369716

No it's not, play it again recently. I've never seen a game age so badly. I think it's because it one one of the first cover shooters, and then that genre got huge in popularity in late 2000's, but playing Everything or Nothing now feels archaic as fuck because it's a cover shooter, with auto aim at the same time.

Driving levels were good though.
>>
File: PZPvYZu.jpg (168 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
PZPvYZu.jpg
168 KB, 1080x1080
>>333377893
A cover shooter with auto aim? They stopped making those days ago! Not like the rarely done first person shooter.
>>
>>333378146

Auto aim is a shit mechanic, and cover shooters were exhausted to death later on, also the cover mechanics are obviously sub par seeing as later games perfected the mechanics because of how often it was used.

Everything or Nothing feels like a complete clunkfest and unfun to play except driving. I remember liking it on release, but it's one of the few old games that I felt had aged badly when I went back to them.
>>
>>333378346
You like black dick on release.
>>
The game had the best multiplayer gadgets
>>
>>333378854

Why can't you accept a game has aged badly.

Why are you defending the use of lock on auto aim?
>>
I had Nightfire on the Gamecube. Played endless hours of local multiplayer on it. Felt like a true seauel to Goldeneye now that I think about it. Skyrail was the best map. Getting the grapple to work from one end of the map to the other was a great feeling. And strategically using laser trup mines in that game was fun.

Single-player was great too. I remember thinking the visuals were top notch. Also, you could beat a lot of the missions, or portions of them with stealth. Even though it wasn't exactly encouraged. I would go for all those 007 medals. I don't give ganes that kind of dedication anymore...
>>
How well does this emulate?
>>
QUAKE III ENGINE
U
A
K
E
>>
better dan goldeneye
>>
>>333379242
The AI in the multiplayer was top notch, too. IIRC you could set certain character to different modes like team player, aggressive, passive ect.

You don't see shit like that in games now
>>
>at the ball room on the second level
>all these women with with half there breasts exposed in their gowns
>graphics
>lighter-camera, zoom the fuck in
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.