[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about picking up a bundle of the STALKER games Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: stalker.jpg (105 KB, 550x779) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
105 KB, 550x779
Thinking about picking up a bundle of the STALKER games

Is it just a meme or is it good? I liked Metro LL is it similar?
>>
if you liked metro, i think you'll like stalker. they're similar but stalker is a bit more open-world sort of. which games are you getting?
>>
I think they are good. A lot of sudden death and strange shit. Save your game often and youll be ok stalker.
>>
You may wanna start drinking vodka, and wearing surplus shit.
Not a meme. Not perfect, but mod it, and it'll be great
>>
>>333360756
STALKER is far from perfect, but it's one of my all-time favourites.
>>
>>333360756
SoC > CoP > CS
>>
i really enjoy the first game at least but i feel like all weapons are completely inaccurate when beyond an unreasonably short range and it always gets to me eventually. maybe its just me, not sure about those though
>>
>>333362789
What difficulty are you playing on? The weapon accuracy and hit probability (yes, two parameters) depend on the difficulty.
>>
>>333363070
master
>>
how to have a good time STALKAN
>disable crosshair
>play on MASTER difficulty (seriously)
>play vanilla first playthrough
>>
Is metro worth playing? Does the whole game take place in a metro tunnel? Sounds boring desu
>>
>>333362789
I could always 720 noscope headshot with the starter pistol. i really don't know what everyone's problem is.
>>
>>333360756
>doesn't include the best game
>>
>>333360756

NEVER

EVER

JUST FUCKING DON'T

LET ANYONE TELL YOU TO INSTALL COMPLETE
>>
>>333364936
almost forgot
>to shoot more accurately, do the super low crouch
>>
>>333364936
>>play vanilla first playthrough
Vanilla SoC is objectively a pile of shit, so don't do that.
>>
Should you play the STALKER games in order?

Which should a newbie start with?

Which one is best?
>>
>>333366582
Release order.
>>
>>333366582
Release order

Get the starter packs from the STALKER general on /vg/

Shadow of Chernobyl with AMK is my personal favourite.
>>
>>333366582
play pripyat first with complete mod, it fixes lots of things that were retarded as fuck in the original
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>333360756
How do I play stalker if I'm a complete baby that scares easily?

I remember when I was a teenager, I was at a friends house and he told me to play, I was in one of the labs or some shit, and got my face eaten off by an invisible monster. Never touched the game again.

How do I get over my fear?
>>
>>333366809
Drink vodka while playing. It's essential to the game.
>>
File: 1431843618901.jpg (106 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1431843618901.jpg
106 KB, 500x417
>>333366809
that is one of the spookiest and most bizarre parts of the whole series IMO so it's not ALL that bad

stalker lives to make you feel that feeling and if you don't like occasionally being scared out of your fucking skin this isn't the series for you. Thick atmosphere, very little music, and DARK as FUCK night hours make even encounters with random common enemies pretty tense at times
>>
>>333366809
>oh haha that box is floating what a silly glitc-OH GOD EVERYTHING IS TRYING TO KILL ME
>>
File: CXYE_k7VAAACurx.jpg (124 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CXYE_k7VAAACurx.jpg
124 KB, 600x800
>>333360756
>>
>>333366809
To be honest I'll rather fight those invisible fuckers than those fucking packs of dogs.
>>
>>333366809
>I was in one of the labs or some shit, and got my face eaten off by an invisible monster.
>How do I get over my fear?
These monsters die when you shoot them, so shoot them.
>>
>>333367063
would play
>>
>>333364936
>play vanilla first playthrough
That's a good way to ruin the first impression and ditch the whole series because you decided to have an obsolete experience because some retarded neckbeard said it's a good idea online.
>>
>>333360756
It's nothing like Metro, its just similar in that it's a post-apoc-ish Ukrainian shooting game.
>>333366809
I'm not keen on horror games, but stalker doesn't have much horror moments. More just constant deep seated discomfort with a few shit-yourself moments hidden in there.
>>
File: 0a2.jpg (104 KB, 349x379) Image search: [Google]
0a2.jpg
104 KB, 349x379
>>333360756
>Is it just a meme
Yeah, it's just a meme, and a bad game. Go play something else.
>>
I love Metro and Last Light but the STALKER games were just ok for me. Even with mods.
>>
Is Stalker the Dark Souls of FPS games?
>>
>>333365028

No you go on the surface of a nuked Moscow quite a bit.
>>
>>333366809
Don't go outside at night unless you have decent night vision. There, problem solved. Also if you're playing CoP watch out for dogs in the bushes.
>>
>>333362027
it's a bundle of the three games
>>
>>333367293
What makes it obsolete?
>>
>>333367293
>>333366372
is there a playthrough mod guide for newbies? I usually play vanilla because I can't be arsed to go through a dozen files, folders and mod loaders. Is vanilla really that bad?
>>
>>333368326
Not him, but the graphics and gunplay mostly.
>>
>>333368326
The graphics in SoC are rather dated now and there are some possible game breaking glitches.
Weapon mods and stuff also make the game much more fun if you are into that stuff.

Everything is easily fixed with ZRP/Starter pack and some texture and weather mods.
These are very acceptable on first playthrough because they don't change the gameplay like the bigger mods do.
>>
File: Starting_guide.jpg (589 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
Starting_guide.jpg
589 KB, 1536x1152
>>333368423
Pic related. Also visit cheeki.violates.me and the STALKER general on /vg/.
>>
>>333368440
All the mods that "fix" gunplay also make it far too easy and completely remove the RPG inspired progression the original game had. Graphics mods are fine but something like Atmosfear fucks up the tone of the games somewhat by replacing the more stylized skyboxes with bland realistic ones.
>>
>>333368326
It's just overall bad experience when you compare it to those big name mods that enchance pretty much every aspect of the game.
There's just no point in vanilla.
>>
>>333368576
I disagree. You need to experience it in vanilla to appreciate how much the mods have done for the game.
>>
>>333360756
>I liked Metro LL
You'll probably like it then
>>333366809
Use binocs and scout ahead for trouble. That should take care of any nasty surprises the game likes to throw.
>>333368178
>Also if you're playing CoP watch out for dogs in the bushes.
Or a fucking Chimera.
>>
>>333368639
>You need to eat shit first to appreciate chocolate properly.
>>
>>333368576
Which big name mods enhance every aspect of the game? Every single one that I've played either fucked up or drastically changed many elements of the game. None of them besides really basic stuff like Absolute Nature directly enhanced it.
>>
>>333368754
Seeing how vanilla now pretty much includes ZRP and starter pack It's nowhere near as bad as it was before that. Nobody will tell you to play the 2007 on release vanilla anymore.
CoP is perfectly fine as it was on release without anything else.
No need to dramatize everything.
>>
>>333368812
This. Weapon, graphics and A-life mods are all you need. Stuff like AMK, ZoA and Autumn Aurora 2 is fine too.
None of that Misery shit or other mods that completely change everything.
>>
>>333360756
It's pretty dated now honestly, but the atmosphere is still there.

Games start out slow as fuck, but really pick up midway through.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>333360756
METRO games are linear console-shooters with optional stealth option.
STALKER games are open-world survival games, almost like WRPGs at times. I greatly prefer STALKER.

To get the smoothest start with trilogy, Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area may be a bit boring to some. The game REALLY starts to pick up at 100rad Bar, or when you finally get proper gear.
>>
>>333368521
that guide's terribly outdated. Update it with >>333372234

>>333369637
>It's pretty dated now honestly
How exactly? They look better than FO4 (for real), and the gameplay's just not your dumbed down console shootan in linear maps. If anything, STALKER felt like a fancy mixture of System Shock 2 and the OG Far Cry when I first played it. There's barely any handholding.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.