[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>make an MMO exclusive to CONSOLES of all platforms >devs:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: google_plus_destiny.jpg (176 KB, 1212x681) Image search: [Google]
google_plus_destiny.jpg
176 KB, 1212x681
>make an MMO exclusive to CONSOLES of all platforms
>devs: gee guys why does our game keep dying so fast?!
what was going through their heads?
>>
>implying mmo's dont fucking die on neo-PC WITH adhd stream kids
>>
two bee honest, I'd be more inclined to buy a disc just filled with their art assets in common formats to look at than I would be to buy the game. Doesn't look any fun, but it looks like their art designers earned their paychecks.
>>
File: Untitled.png (22 KB, 692x184) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
22 KB, 692x184
>Make the sequel to a popular game PC exclusive
>Game completely dies in less than a month
what was going through their heads?
>>
File: db_destiny_221.jpg (262 KB, 1359x1600) Image search: [Google]
db_destiny_221.jpg
262 KB, 1359x1600
>>333349908
Too bad none of the cool shit got into the game. It was removed to be used as DLC and areas for destiny 2 :^]
>>
>>333350495
>singleplayer game with little replay value if you aren't in love with the game.
>>
>>333350495
Try harder.
>>
I really liked destiny..for the first 2 weeks
then I was literally completely out of things to do and by the time the DLC came out I didn't feel like playing anymore

they really did jew themselves on this one by holding so much content back
>>
>>333350927
All the content that was held back STILL hasn't made its way to the game. We are missing a few areas and dungeons that were described by multiple early alpha testers. The biggest one being "the ruins of old Chicago" and the dungeon contained within that area.
>>
>drip feed content
>Why is our game dead?

Bungie went full retard.
>>
People that play Destiny should be euthanized.
>>
>destiny
>dead

it's still in the top 5 games played for both platforms, what are you on nigger.

>>333350495
meanwhile the savoir of PC exclusives is dead already
>>
>30 frames per second in a first person shooter
>>
>>333350695
it was cut due to activision.

There was another story but activision wanted the game to be basic as fuck since they were afraid it would compete against CoD
>>
>>333347983
>what was going through their heads?
cocaine
>>
>>333352195
And that 60 FOV. Makes me sick.
>>
It's not even an MMO though
It's just a standard 30 fps console shooter similar to Halo with 3 player co-op and 6v6 pvp, there is nothing massive about it
>>
Posting my reply from the other destiny thread, because apparently we need 2 (http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/333347589)

Bad:
>30fps
>low content
>Jewish DLC plan
>DLC adds shit-all for your money
>microtransactions alongside DLC
>no matchmaking for raids and SHIT social features like no trading
>no story in game. Have to read cards on an outside website because story was scrapped by Activision.

Good:
>Dat music (they fired the composer who wrote it)
>great aesthetics and visuals (still, 30fps)
>solid core gameplay (needs more variety)
>lots of potential in sequel if Activision gets its fucking head out of its ass
>driving the speeders is alot of fun
>>
>>333352639
>they fired the composer who wrote it
He was fired for being a dick. No matter how pissy ass you are for not getting your way you DO NOT make the other employees suffer.
>>
>>333352769
They were obviously in the wrong, as evidenced y how he sue them and won

I dont care how much of a dick he was being, their dispute was over the music being used in advertisements and hes the guy who had been with bungie for 15 years, composed all the halo games, and just finished composing the next ten years worth of music for destiny

You'd be mentally fucked to fire him
>>
>>333352639
All garbage, MMOs and consoles are dead.
>>
>bungie sold halo
>to make halo: borderlands edition

I saw destiny for what it was far before it came out. Any non retarded person could.
>>
>>333353512
Yep.
People hyping it up were saying the craziest shit - like how it was going to be open-world with entire planets to explore. Fuck no
>>
File: 060.png (80 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
060.png
80 KB, 500x475
>>333353108
Here's a (you) kiddo. Go shit up some other thread, yeah?

Anyways, the real problem with Destiny isn't even the content. It's that fact that they artificially pad the content out to force a 10 hours tops campaign to last weeks by forcing the player to stop playing until the next day and/or week until they get another shot at the rewards they NEED to do endgame content.

The matchmaking isn't what fucks up raids, its the equipment drip feed and roadblocks on every corner as you try and gear up after completing the "Story" content.

Regarding said story, it's actually pretty interesting. The history of the Hive in the Grimoire is actually very detailed and indepth, and it's really sad not to see it in the game itself (I guess it'll have to come up when Oryx's sisters eventually show up, but until then...). All the enemy factions have something interesting about them, but Bungie, likely at Activision's behest, doesn't dare tell you anything but the bare bones of the story they have going on in the background, as if the idea of someone explaining anything about what the Vex are up to or how the Hive got to be what they are in-game would somehow repel all the CoD kiddies away from the Star Wars Nerd Shit.

It's such a waste to see a game with such solid core gameplay get pulled through a fucking wringer to extract every drop of fun, to be carefully rationed through the cold, quiet months of no new content. The people comparing the game to Borderlands, as if any game with both guns AND loot drops must be a ripoff of that Shitpile of a game, DESERVE to be proven wrong and made a mockery of. Borderlands is, at its core, a much shittier game with far FAR shittier writing than Destiny, but the corporate manipulation that Destiny forces onto the player prevents that simple fact from shining through the veneer of grimy RNG.

It's a damn shame.
>>
>>333353635
Only retards thought that

The problem is just how much content was removed
There was quite a few more of the open world-areas to explore, and many missions within them. And strikes and raids, of course.

I'll do a food analogy, /v/ LOVES Those.

Basically, the chef was preparing a big plate of spaghetti for us, but then the greedy restaurant owner saw it and said it was too much at once, so we ended up getting a tiny bowl instead.

We got the same thing either way, just less, and to get the original amount, we have to pay more $$$
>>
>>333347983

destiny itself just doesn't have a lot of content. Sure there's a lot of stuff to grind but it's hollow, repetitive, and feels unfinished. And this includes Taken King.

It's a big disappointment, especially when Microsoft said that it would be a "decade long" MMOFPS. Now there's already talk of Destiny 2 by 2018.
>>
>>333351234
>>333351636

I just don't get it. Surely they would have known this would have happened? Did they hit a budget cut at the very end and had to stretch launch content over 3-4ish years?
>>
>>333351958

>it's still in the top 5 games played for both platforms

compare it to any popular mobile game

yeah that seems like an apples/oranges thing but remember that this is how marketers/microsoft sees it
>>
>>333354434
Destiny (the game) was never supposed to last ten years, retard. 10 years is how long they are currently planning to support the destiny SERIES for.
>>
didn't they offload all the lore/story content to some phone app?
>>
>Game is literally RNG on RNG on RNG with nothing at all to help the players

Oh please Bungie let me do the same Strikes over and over for a small chance to get a Strike exclusive Legendary and to have it with shit rolls so I end up sharding it anyway with no way reroll the fucking thing. Remember those Legendary Marks Bungie? How about you let me use those to reroll these awful weapon rolls. Oh wait that would be benefitial to the player and make getting what they want easier, and if they do that the less they'll grind and the the more they'll realize how shit your game is because it has no end game content outside of grinding the same raid over and over
>>
>>333354576
You're right. It is apples to oranges, since Mobile is pretty much all "free" shit with microtransactions in exchange for being allowed to keep playing, and Destiny is a retail game you pay to own, and can spend, if you like, real money for cosmetic items like emotes or sparrows.
>>
>>333354593

all the way back before the consoles launched I was under the impression that they'd treat Destiny like an MMO and it would be a wow killer

that's an impossible thing but I expected more in the way of post-launch support beyond TK
>>
>>333354504
No, Activision wanted to do a more DLC/expansion focused type of buisness plan, which makes sense when you see how much money they make off of CoD DLC and shit like WoW expansions. This was in late summer 2013, the whole game was forced to be reworked around this new plan as well as the story being re-written to fit the new (lesser) amount of content it would end up having

This was all confirmed by Marty O'Donnell after he was fired, although it wasn't really a secret before then, either. We knew the game was drastically different when viewing their e3 2013 showing and hearing from multiple early alpha testers.
>>
>>333354654
There is an app, but you can just go onto the website and get all the same information.

All kidding aside, the Grimoire is worth the look. Bungie actually did a lot of work on the lore of this game, they were just forced by activision to axe it from the game itself so that the little adhd babies wouldn't have to fucking think.
>>
>>333354842
Sure bet Bungie loves their decision to ditch Microsoft and go with fucking Activision of all publishers right about now.
>>
>>333354956
Yep. The most retarded move ever made.

>we are sick of making halo games for Microsoft for ten years, we want to do our own thing

>let's sign up with Activision for a 10 year contract for our new series

At least fucking Microsoft didn't have any input or control on the content, story, and DLC plans of the halo games, like Activision decided it was so qualified to do.
>>
>>333347983
>a non subscription game can be 'dead'

They already got their money.
>>
>>333347983
It's not even an MMO
>>
>>333355217
Yes it is. You're retarded if you think it isn't. It's a shitty MMO, but an MMO none the less.
>>
>>333355423
It's missing the first M. You're literally never in a group larger than 12 in this game, and that's in 6v6 crucible modes. The number of players than can be in the same instance of a public area is limited to maybe seven.

It's not "massively" multiplayer. It's just a multiplayer online game.
>>
>>333347983
I don't think Bungie cares at this point. Destiny has made a very nice profit despite the game being on life support tell the next DLC drop.
>>
>>333356072
Too bad there's no MO genre

It's an MMO
>>
>>333347983
Trust me when I say you ain't missing shit
>>
>>333356426
So a game of Battlefield or TF2 is an MMO then.
>>
>>333356426
>literally not an mmo
>no shut up it is though. My argument depends on it!

It's almost like genre is only a loose guideline rather than an ironclad caste system. You can fuck off to whatever idiot-pit you crawled out of.
>>
>>333354390
Your analogy is completely useless and terrible and you are a goddamn retard.
>>
>>333347983

Nigga this game is fucking Diablo
>>
>wanted Diablo 2 with guns in space
>got Borderlands with 1/3rd of the content

fuck you Activision
>>
>>333356594
Fuck off, you retarded 12 year old
>>
File: 100 percent mad and angry.png (399 KB, 666x808) Image search: [Google]
100 percent mad and angry.png
399 KB, 666x808
>>333357606
Oh wow you sure told me, tough guy. Holy shit, how did you get so good at debate?
>>
>>333356594
Genre IS a loose guideline, that's why destiny is an MMO despite not being particularly massive

Every other fucking aspect of an MMO is in that game
>>
>>333356996
How so?
You don't like food analogies? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>333357726
Fuck off, you retarded 12 year old.
>>
>>333347983
Game isn't dead at all.

And it'd be even more alive if the playerbase wasn't shit up between 4 different consoles.

Destiny 2 cant come soon enough and consolidate that to at least 2 consoles.
>>
File: 1436994740160.png (58 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1436994740160.png
58 KB, 400x400
>>333358029
Sure champ. You win. I concede to your superior intellect. Have a nice day.
>>
>>333357815
It's far closer to being a diablo clone loot-em-up than anything even remotely MMO.
>>
>>333358396
Fuck off, you retarded 12 year old.
>>
>>333354690
>weapon rerolling

they did that, and it was shit because a few select perks stand above others, so everyone would just re-roll one or two guns to get the perfect set of perks. all they need is to increase the drops and it would be fine
>>
>>333358396
You should. Now get a job.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-26-05-41-21.jpg (52 KB, 768x225) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-26-05-41-21.jpg
52 KB, 768x225
>>333358396
>>
File: 1424399523998.jpg (37 KB, 680x548) Image search: [Google]
1424399523998.jpg
37 KB, 680x548
>mfw listening to "Excerpt From The Union"

The biggest shame about the entire Bungie/Marty conflict is that we'll never get the full release of "Music of the Spheres". It also doesn't help that Michael Salvatori is on his own now for composing the Destiny music and it shows because his music lacks the Marty charm.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.