[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here play this MMO? Opinions on it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: RIFT-og[1].jpg (211 KB, 1306x753) Image search: [Google]
RIFT-og[1].jpg
211 KB, 1306x753
Anyone here play this MMO? Opinions on it
>>
Funny how it's an "MMO" and not just a "Game", huh OP?
>>
>>333345427
Dead game
WoW clone that isn't even a good WoW clone
>>
It was good

Then they gutted the talent system because it was 'too hard', and they added a shit ton of expansions that you have to buy.
>>
>>333345427
had a great time back in the day, just isnt the same anymore
>>
>>333345701
It was a fantastic WoW clone before it died and went F2P/P2W.

I'd go as far as saying it was better than WoW (Cataclysm at the time) was.
>>
>>333345701
>>333345754
>>333345892

Yeah took a look at their forums and I totally forgot this was run by Trion, which were the same people that ruined Archeage. So I guess its been ruined too.
>>
>>333345427
MMOs are dead, only the completely retarded still play them.

Casuals won.

>>333345754
It was always shit.
>>
>>333345927
Oh yeah, it was absolutely better than Cataclysm.

But the game just couldn't stand a chance in the long run.

Once again, another MMO came out that focused more on leveling content instead of end game content.
>>
>>333345427
That game's still around ?
>>
>>333345427

Holy shit, i played this game when i was full NEET years ago

Now i have my shit together and i'm rich as fuck. Still can't leave /v/ though
>>
>>333346197
>I played this game
>blah blah blah blog
>:^)
>>
File: mbart.jpg (265 KB, 855x1076) Image search: [Google]
mbart.jpg
265 KB, 855x1076
>>333346289
um
>>333346009
Archeage was great in the first 2 months, and died tragically
>>
File: RIP.jpg (324 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
324 KB, 1280x720
>>333345427
I used to. It was great back in the day. My home even. Then the cash shop attacked. Even now I cant replace it, but I will never go back. Tron are the god emperors of jew and deserve to die in a fire.

Fuck my last screenshot at the end of Storm Legion. It hurts to even see this shit.
>>
it's a good wow clone. but now you have to pay for earrings. I payd with ingame money. also the events stutter my pc.
>>
Ok well how about this. What MMO, if any, did you move to after Rift?
>>
>>333346645
to a cata wow server, i did the heroic dungeons then got terrbily bored
>>
>>333346645
swtor
>>
>>333346645

That's just it though isn't it m8
People just migrate from mmo to mmo because they're never satisfied. The reason being mmos are shit
>>
>>333346645
Gw2, a mistake.
Then FFXIV, also a mistake.
Nothing filled the void, I dropped MMOs entirely.
>>
>>333346045
It was good in the early release for people who preordered
>>
>>333345427
I tried it once and holy fuck it was dated. Couldn't bother playing it
>>
I don't think anyone plays Rift anymore. I played it quite a bit during its launch, and came back for 3 or 4 months after it went f2p. I know they finally released the new expansion with the new souls that I was actually looking forward to, but I haven't been back since. I do have a bunch of Riftbux just sitting in my account that I'll never get back.
>>
>>333346197
nobody cares you narcissistic cunt, fuck off back to your disorder sites
>>
I started playing in storm legion because of some promotion where you got the base game + storm legion for free, so I don't know shit about the game around then or before then.

I think it has a lot of good stuff (the wardrobe in particular is the best i've used and instant adventures are a great alternative), but there's way too many problems with the game.

Probably the worst is that while there's a great soul tree with lots of potential, it feels as if you're just filling a party slot to just tick boxes (do you have X skill equivalent? etc) which is probably reinforced by that being expected with how many different soul tree specs you can have at once.

The class developers also really like builder > finisher shit, and before the new class came out, there were like 2 or 4 people balancing the other 4 classes.
>>
Rift started off on par with WoW (which was its goal, considering it's a pretty unabashed WoWclone), with some features that WoW even lacked like AoE looting, easy mode macros, rifts/dynamic events, and item dying. Then the game really never improved that much.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.