[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a game idea you've always wanted realized, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12
What's a game idea you've always wanted realized, but can't ever create?
>>
>>333339007
A game that /v/ universally agrees is good.
>>
When I was a kid I always thought a crossover Nintendo RPG would be cool.
>>
A JRPG that isn't shit
>>
A well loved JRPG
>>
No Man's Sky was basically that.

A random generated space exploration game.
>>
>>333339359
>implying a JRPG can ever be good
>>
File: EmGpe5k[1].jpg (78 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
EmGpe5k[1].jpg
78 KB, 1024x768
A world war 2 flight sim where the MC is a guy in an A10 that was sent back in time for some reason
>>
>>333339007
I've got a few, but let's keep it simple:
An MMO RPG in the VR realm with literally any build being viable from a generic Paladin to a Turtle Tamer, Elemental Sniper, Frog Wizard, Pastamancer, Guy With a Big Club, etc. but I can't into specifics.

And then the other big one (and feasible) is mech arena-based PVP in teams of 2, one controlling the legs, energy consumption, movement, and shitting traps (literally) from a top-down view while the other controls the torso, shooting guns, slashing swords and all that first-person.
>>
A game like agarest but not boring as shit.
>>
>>333339806
could be cool first flight better count tho after you land you hafta wait 30 years for fuel and ammo just keep spamming the ammo request button
>>
VR blacksmithing simulator
>>
>>333339806
You should call it "BBRRRRRTTT"
>>
>>333339007
ck 2 in space with dune levels of tech and society stagnation progress is boring degenerancey is compelling
>>
Jets and Helicopters vs Dragons
>>
>>333340149
Sounds like a shitty iOS game.
>>
A Star Wars Galaxies type RPG but in a WH40K setting.

GOD DAMN Im so mad that an open world 40K RPG was never made.
>>
>>333339871
>literally any build being viable

I wish so bad that a game like this could be made
>>
>>333340221

but mine is FPS
>>
>>333340149
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAwm-dRRv6M

They did a movie of that.
>>
>>333339112
Nintendo already made Mother 3
>>
>>333340423
Yeah, the idea was something like an open tree sort of thing, you make/import your own tree and level and build onto it, respeccing for a modest sum of in-game gold based on your level. You can restrict your gear choices, such as Guy With a Big Club losing his ability to wear body armors and helmets in exchange for a notable tree buff, meaning he's stronger overall than other builds, but can't use say, special gear for those slots.
I am describing literal development hell.
>>
>>333339293
kingdom hearts but nintendo instead of disney. sounds cool
>>
>>333340704
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh you're a riot, nigga.
>>
File: 1438968789706.png (278 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1438968789706.png
278 KB, 500x381
the one that lets me marry usagi and live with her forever.
>>
File: extracalibre.png (58 KB, 1024x298) Image search: [Google]
extracalibre.png
58 KB, 1024x298
>>333339007
I'm trying to draw 50 Cent in Yoshitaka Amano's style but it's not working. IT'S NOT WORKING.

Also http://vocaroo.com/i/s1aZzOIjPXvV
>>
>>333339007
Megaman game based on the nt warrior anime. An actual action game where you design your own net navi and control him in 3rd person fighting other net nevis, dsrkloids etc following the anime/battle network storyline. Ranked matchmaking would be fun too.
Too bad that game will literally never ever exist
>>
>>333341007
For good fucking reason
>>
File: image.jpg (532 KB, 1085x1309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
532 KB, 1085x1309
>>333339007
A Megaman Battle Network spiritual successor for IOS and Android so kids know what ACTUAL games are like. Not the casual garbage they're forcefed nowadays.
>>
>>333339007
Basically, Deadliest Warrior the game. You can choose from a wide range of historical soldiers from modern day USMC to viking warriors, set up an arena with weapons and scenery and props and shit. You can direct soldiers to do certain things for some light control, but it basically extends to "Go here". More types of soldiers could be added via DLC.

A campaign exists focussing around playing as the Roman army defending their empire from time-travellers from the basically present day. You have a strength in numbers but the few time travellers have powerful weapons, armor and training. When you finish, you unlock the ability to play through again only this time choosing any era of soldiers.
>>
>>333339007
its like luigi's mansion, but you play as a cute girl and all the ghosts are phantom food that force feed you until you're immobilized. You regain "Health" by just walking and using random exercise equipment
>>
File: Hello operator.jpg (128 KB, 850x670) Image search: [Google]
Hello operator.jpg
128 KB, 850x670
Megaman smt clone with dating sim elements so I can fuck sexy reploid chicks.
>>
>>333341278
Nigger what?

You don't want to design your own net navi and delete proto man, Pharaoh man, shade man etc? That shit would be amazing, fucking faggot
>>
>>333341685
The system doesn't fucking work in 3rd person, dumbass. Also, it's way too late to cash in on NT Warrior.
These two have the proper ideas
>>333341506
>>333341650
>>
>>333341007
>him
>>
>>333339007
A Military game with virtual reality physics but not a war-sim. With a story about missions the main character goes on. Inspired by things like Special Ops Mission and Strike Back tv show.
>>
>>333341809
Oh really? I forgot the anime was in first person. It would be the same as any 3rd person action game you fucking dunce. Just a little closer up, faster, and with battle chips.
>>
A Pinball Platformer. Guaranteed to sell millions on smartphones, but I don't have the programming knowledge to get it off the ground.
>>
>>333339007
Character creation with ultimate control over every aspect of the character. Not just appearance, but personality and fighting style as well. I'm not talking about "pick your class lol" skyrim bullshit, I'm talking putting together a unique moveset based on chosen weapons from a pool of animations, right down to the idle animations.

I want to play full on dressup. I want to decide my characters name and age, even if they have no bearing on the story. I wanna pick her height and weight, and have them affect gameplay, like Dragons Dogma. I want to pick her hairstyle and length and color, like what Black Desert tries to do. I don't want it's cute little gender locked classes that creates a bad case of sameface between players of then same class. I want sliders like Dark souls or Eve Online. I want to pick her armor and clothes like in Soul Calibur, and if the game has character levels, I want them to scale with me. I want to make a unique weapon from a variety of interchangeable parts. I want the whole shebang.

character creation sells games on its own, and i wish developers would realize that and pump some serious resources into make a great one. Black Desert trief, but the end result was something much less deep than what it pretended to be. Something like this would be hard to implement, but the developer who does would make a fortune.
>>
>>333342039
Look at Star Force, fag. Look how well that turned out.
>>
>>333342362
>handheld game

What did you expect fag? Look at virtual-on, how did that turn out? Oh that's right fucking amazing.
A true net navi game would be similar, but obviously better, and more modern. It would and still can be a very good game
>>
>>333339007

zombie apocalypse survival game. Unfortunately zombies became too mainstream and overused. Zombie games are dime a dozen these days and not done very well or have a lot of missed potential that never gets realized. We definitely need to step away from the early access open 'sand box' crafting games for sure, those things are cancer.
>>
>>333342362
He's talking about a real time 3rd person action game you retard, not a turn based game.
I think it would pretty cool honestly
>>
>>333342296
Smackdown 2 and super fire pro wrestling returns had insane customization, its a shame only other wrestling games followed suit.

I wish rpgs had that kind of customization
>>
Mount and Blade but in space.
>>
An audio game. Game that can be played while driving, or be enjoyed by a blind person. We already have a ton of visual novels and adventures, but nobody ever made those yet.
>>
I wanted to make a fighting game that aped the mechanics of different ones I liked and had the world being similar to Vampire:The Masquerade in terms of how characters work as paranormal in modern setting.
Unfortunately, bot my programming and modelling skills are not up to where it would be feasible, and having difficulty getting over the "idea guy" problem where it became absurd levels of feature creep and re-redesigning of characters. I'll take another crack at it when I have a more solid plan of what to do.
>>
Berzerk 3d.
A third person action shooter where you dodge lasers and shoot the shit out of robots with precise shots.
>>
>>333342948
You took my idea
>>
Food Truck RPG where you travel the world selling food to JRPG heroes, villains and NPCS
>>
An mmo focused on building and maintaining a city.
>>
>>333339007
Clustertruck was basically what i wanted to make, sucks that the trucks have a random angle applied to them (In the aplpha at least) Generally tiny build's stuff has been pretty fucking quality so i'm not worried about it though.
>>
>>333344140
I like this
>>
>>333341998
Forgot to mention the hand to hand combat would be UFCish.
>>
RPG with an overworld laid out on a path like Oregon Trail. Where you continue to walk in one direction until you reach a landmark. But once you reach that landmark, such as a town, castle or dungeon, the game switches to a traditional isometric view. And you are encouraged to explore every area.

It will also have impacting choices that chang how the game develops. You either accept the help of others and gain party members or brush off helpers and go it alone. You also have a choice of either clearing your name by helping people with good deeds or becoming the villain everyone accuses you of being by killing or intimidating people.
>>
>>333344140

Sounds pretty much what Civilization MMO is going to be.

I'd rather have an MMO that focuses on free roaming exploration. Basically, Terraria made into an MMO. But with more to do than just building and fighting stuff.
>>
>>333339007
A game where I can manage and supply.more own store. Sell my stock and barter with npcs. Stocking my store would consist of rewards and random loot from quests.
I thought skyrim was supposed to have a feature like this but it didn't and I was very dissapointed.
I just want to get comfy in my virtual store and sell stuff and occasionally go on a few quests.

Please tell me there is already a game like this.
I enjoy tropico very much, and their new game looks very promising. But its not quite what I want
>>
>>333345048
I've seen in fallout 4 you can basically build and populate an entire town. Could I run my own shop if I wanted?
>>
>>333339112
Regardles of how much love it gets it would become a meme game the next month
>>
File: image.gif (212 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
212 KB, 500x368
>>333343312
please make this.
I will find your Kickstarter/patreon bullshit
>>
>>333339007

Games that focus on one main gameplay mechanic - such as golf, or fishing, or hunting - but you can roam freely over the map area. Like for instance if its a hunting game, you could walk in the woods, go into hunting lodges, etc. Or if it's golf you could walk around the golf course, go in the bars/lodge or whatever.

I don't even know much to do while walking around, just being able to walk around would be neat. When I played Mario Golf for N64 I always dreamed of being able to just walk around the courses.
>>
>>333339007
A 3D Sailor Moon or Cutey Honey or Precure Platinum-styled beat 'em up.
>>
>>333344531
In Paper Mario TTYD there was a chapter where you ride a train more or less the whole time. During the ride you couldn't go back to then main city and the train would periodically stop at dungeons you needed to clear to continue. While the train was moving you talked to other passengers in order to solve a mystery of some kind, the details of which I forget. In any case it was story driven while travelling, and dungeon oriented gameplay while stopped. I always liked that concept and it sounds similar to the design you describe. I think this concept would make a great game.
>>
>>333340704
Mother is literally an undertale clone.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>333345048
Reccetear. What fucking rock do you live under to not know about capitalism the game?
>>
>>333342890
>I wish rpgs had that kind of customization
I consider those Smackdown vs Raw games to effectively *be* RPGs: Deep character customization, branching story paths with player choices changing the outcomes, stat and special-ability progression systems - all wrapped up in a classic tale of good guys and bad guys.

Yep, this is one of the great overlooked RPG franchises.
>>
File: 1458718841566.jpg (87 KB, 650x426) Image search: [Google]
1458718841566.jpg
87 KB, 650x426
>>333339007
A game with a medieval fantasy setting that plays like red dead redemption, you play as a mercenary, you can either get enough reputation with the local lord to become a minor noble, rounding up posses to take out the local banditry, and hunting down murderers, thieves, monsters etc., or you can refuse being upjumped and work as a bandit/highwayman by being an asshole to the lord's nearby rival making that guy look like a shitter who can't govern. Like wise you'd be able to work for his rival instead.
>>
>>333339007
A 40k Ork game where you start off as a (relatively) weaker and smaller feral ork, and work your way up in size and standing as you progress through it. Would be like a warriors game in enemy scope, but also like a third-person shooter if you used a ranged weapon.

A big factor would be how much your character is customizable as he gains power, allowing you to specialize in ranged, melee, rockets, warp-powers, mechanical skill, or whatnot.

And as you progress, you'd be commanding greater amounts of Orks subservient to you until it becomes so massive you just delegate , so I guess it is also kinda like battalion wars in that regard
>>
>>333340014
every time
>>
A game that's to Animal Crossing, what Rune Factory was to Harvest Moon.
>>
File: 1428453253130.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1428453253130.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
Taking a risk by posting this online, but here it goes.

I want to make a strategy RPG system/engine where you start off as the Main Character (duh) alone in his group/band/platoon with a bunch of faceless soldiers. As you complete missions these faceless soldiers one by one CAN (not necessarily WILL) become part of the bigger narrative. They will gain names, portraits, stat boosts and battle traits. They could become mentors, romance interests, rivals friends and/or tragic losses...it all depends on actions taken in the story or in the battles.

some characters you may never see. and that's cool too.

I originally wanted to release the game episodically and have it upload the save data to a database and parse it for these specific triggers. The story would progress once this data would be parsed and help me write the next part of the story around the most popular....or unpopular decisions. I figured after the final episode was released I would have one final patch to the game that would open up all the possibilities in the story; essentially creating an extremely variable gaming experience.
>>
File: 1457641992093.jpg (187 KB, 760x933) Image search: [Google]
1457641992093.jpg
187 KB, 760x933
Oh I thought of this

A game where you play as an extradimensional being that can possess people. The loved ones of the one you corrupt would be really well characterized, having big ass backstories and well thought out personalities. The idea would be that over several playthroughs you would get to know the characters so well you can control them into doing you bidding. Imagine possessing a father, then coercing your own wife and daughter into prostitution, then turning your law firm into a front for some shady crime shit. Or you could say fuck it and go on a shooting spree. Also, at any time you can ditch your body and possess someone else. The game would be a variety of genres, including horror if someone sees your true form while outside of a host. DLC would be adding more possessible characters. The goal of the game would just be to see what events you could trigger.
>>
Good open world.
>>
>>333349374

Dragon Quest VIII and Red Dead Redemption were already made.
>>
>>333348142
I think a warriors type beat'em up would work better if it took place in a hive city what with how they did the different levels and hubs in the game.
>>
>>333349831
I played DQVIII on my phone and regained my hatred for JRPGs. Red dead is proof that you will run out of fun to have in an open world single player game. 5/5 until you've done everything. Games are getting shittier. I think I'll pick up another hobby. Any anons find anything better to do besides hating video games on 4chan?
>>
>>333350237
cosplay :^)
>>
Another top down Metal Gear. A prequel to Ghost Babel in which you play as Black Chamber.
>>
>>333350237

>I played a buddy, inferior port of a good game and hated it
You don't say.

>Red dead is proof that you will run out of fun to have in an open world single player game.
Lasted me 200 hours. You just seem to be a tight ass.

>Games are getting shittier. I think I'll pick up another hobby.
Sounds like that's a good idea.
>>
>>333345597

Thanks. Though in my idea, you can walk back down the path or even onto diverging paths. You just walk on a 2D path. Its kind of like Odin Sphere or La Pucelle.
>>
>>333339007
Basically Wizardry 7/8 but focused on exploration and finding your way around (think old text adventures, like Zork) with no combat.

"No combat" would make any current developer shit the bed, but the idea of putting challenge and difficulty into a walking simulator would boggle the minds of most indie developers. So, it's just not going to happen.

Unless I spontaneously start creating video games.
>>
>>333341613
Fetishfag detected.
It's okay, I like pregnancy.
>>
>>333348510
Now that a PC "harvest moon but better" is widely successful, I'm certain we'll see someone try to do for animal crossing what stardew did for harvest moon. A slightly amateurishly made game with the same gameplay as animal crossing but all those fan requested features that Nintendo refuses to add.
>>
>>333352164

>Basically Wizardry 7/8 but focused on exploration and finding your way around
So basically Dragon Quest or Etrian's Odyssey.

>with no combat.
Interesting idea. I would also like to see a game which could make exploration the total focus. It could literally be about a kid who leaves his house and just starts walking through his neighborhood. But gradually, the setting keeps changing to expansive forests, dark swamps, rolling hills and maybe even a futuristic dystopia. Having variety and interesting settings wouldn't be hard. The real issue is, what would the purpose of the game be. To talk to NPCs, find objects, help people or something totally new.
>>
>>333352802

>Now that a PC "harvest moon but better"
Except Stardew Valley is "Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, but worse".
>>
Turn based monster hunter.
No exp, just drops and meals.
>>
>>333352967
The only aspects it does worse than Harvest Moon in is graphics and writing, and writing only by a small margin because Harvest Moon had shit writing to begin with. Outside of those, it's full of way more features that harvest moon and feels like there's way more to do.
>>
File: n-FIREFIGHTER-628x314.jpg (78 KB, 628x314) Image search: [Google]
n-FIREFIGHTER-628x314.jpg
78 KB, 628x314
Think Rainbow Six Siege, but with firefighting:

>multiplayer FPS
>small maps (a suburban house plus the surrounding yard)
>larger maps (warehouses, high-rises, etc.)
>map size depends on number of players
>dynamic level conditions like in Left 4 Dead (ex. fire spread, number/location of victims, which doors are locked or blocked by debris, etc.)
>specialized classes with associated "hero" characters
>each class has its own tools/abilities (axes, Halligans, chainsaws, pikes, hoses, thermal cameras, hydraulic spreaders, etc.)
>can customize loadouts for different missions
>classes built for different jobs (breaching, search/rescue, ventilation, water, etc.)
>no single class can perform every task, making teamwork essential

I'd love to see a game about firefighting, but I dunno how to spice this up and make it more interesting.
>>
RPG + Beat-'em-Up + Fighting Game. Hear me out.

Characters are 3D, so as to allow SoulCalibur-style customization. Town and dungeon exploration would be mostly side-scrolling like Valkyrie Profile and Dragon's Crown. Combat, like VP, is triggered by contact with a token representation of an enemy group -- at which point you're taken to a separate arena for the battle.

But unlike VP, combat is like a beat-'em-up for large mobs, and like a fighting game for single opponents. Controls remain the same for both.

Defeat a boss, and you can purchase/craft their moveset for your own use. Craft the boss's weapon and pair it with a weapon of a similar type -- or pair it with the matching boss moveset, and an alternate version of the moveset is unlocked.

Endless dungeon and straight versus modes are also available from the start. The fighting game roster is expanded as you progress through the RPG campaign.
>>
MMO where there are 12 major countries on one large continent. Every country is in a state of cold war with tension along their boarders.

Each country is made up of thousands of live players who take up various tasks. For people who just want to fight, they can join the military and fight along the boarders. If you do well in this system, you get promoted and lead squads or even become a major commander for your country. As well, any territory you take while fighting becomes new territory for your country. And it is possible for one country to completely take over another country (or even one country to take over the entire world).

But aside from fighting, there will be many other classes. From spies to governmental workers to traders to craftsmen and more. And it is possible to take over large areas of territory through infiltration, politics or economic means.

The game is in a late victorian setting. And people use guns and melee weapons together. First person view when using a gun and third person view when using a melee weapon.

Because of the scope of the game, it would never be possible. Plus how MMO developers can't make anything besides Themepark PvE games.
>>
>>333354030
Correction: "Craft the boss's weapon and pair it with a MOVESET for a similar weapon type"
>>
File: Wizardry7-Mapd.png (1 MB, 4681x3311) Image search: [Google]
Wizardry7-Mapd.png
1 MB, 4681x3311
>>333352897
>So basically Dragon Quest or Etrian's Odyssey.
I really hate it when people compare Wizardry to Etrian Odyssey, because it just compares the most basic interface (first person, tile based movement) and absolutely nothing about the map design. I want to be able to wander around freely, finding hidden areas tucked away or hidden in unexpected places. I don't want to be locked into a 16x16 grid for each floor like Etrian does.

>The real issue is, what would the purpose of the game be.
It could be many things. It could be solving puzzles. It could be collecting key items in hard to locate places. It could be to reach a particular point. If we're talking about a 2D exploration platformer, then it could simply be to get to a specific area, but you'd need to get around or avoid enemies prowling around.

I actually had one strange idea for a 2D exploration platformer where the character was a skeleton. No means of attack, no way to communicate, just a skeleton. And then you could find other skeletons to journey with, and you would get around by having the skeletons toss the others up ledges and so on to lower ladders and let you through. The goal was to get past a city of crusaders (which would destroy the skeletons on sight) and make it to the elephant graveyards on the other side.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.