[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XIII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
Why do people think XIII is bad? I got it on PC recently since i never actually finished it on ps3 and i'm having a blast. Also, Lightning is one of the best designed final fantasy characters to date.
>pic related muh dick
>>
>>333322183
>stock archetype characters (minus Sazh and Fang) that range from forgettable to irritating
>soulless plotline that doesn't draw you in, and is so poorly narrated that they had to include chapter summaries during loading screens
These are the main two reasons why it's such a struggle to get through the game. The animation and soundtrack are excellent and the combat is fun enough so long as you don't use Auto Battle, but the story and characters must be good in a JRPG to keep you engaged.
>>
>>333322183
>Lightning is one of the best designed final fantasy characters to date.

She look extremly average.
Also, characters are mostly shit or mediocre. The lore is good tho and combat is ok.
>>
>>333322183
It is ok, but it is more of an interactive movie than previous FF games. The combat system is also the worst. I am still enjoying it though.
>>
>>333322841
>as long as you don't use Auto Battle
How? you will attack too slow
>>
FFXIII is one of the best games I have ever played.
The visuals and the audio are god tier.

If this game hasn't such a long "tutorial" and an open world with big citys and a lot of side characters, then /v/ would love it.
>>
>>333323057
thats kinda what made me like her more, shes not the average weeb waifu with huge tits. Aside from the pink hair she looks like someone who could actually exist.
>>
It always bothered me how over designed the characters in XII and XIII were. Like I sort of want to redraw Lightning just so she has less shit all over her outfit and maybe has some semblance of curves on her body since she's supposed to be a soldier... and a female I guess.
>>
File: 1452374233921.jpg (125 KB, 962x642) Image search: [Google]
1452374233921.jpg
125 KB, 962x642
I played it in 2013 on the PS3, it was the 1st FF game I played and I really enjoyed it, there are just a lot of haters
>>
File: latest[1].png (665 KB, 700x720) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
665 KB, 700x720
Why is she so perfect lads?
>>
>>333323098
Yeah, which is the problem with the combat. Either you waste time selecting attacks or you get bored hitting Auto Battle.
>>
FF X = FF X-2 > FF XII > FF XIII
>>
File: Nora_Moms_Are_Tough.png (808 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Nora_Moms_Are_Tough.png
808 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>333323493
She's well designed but forgettable, she only seems that much better because she's part of one of the worst rosters.
>>
>>333322841
Fang is literally Kain Highwind, just copy-pasted into a different plot.
>>
>>333322841
desu the characters and story are better than ffx'
>>
>>333323493
she was wasted on this game, I wish they used this design for FFXV.
>>
>>333323292
By average I mean boring. The outfit is nothing special, the weapon is badly designed and the pink hair look like shit with the rest of her body.
>>
File: FF13 Western Point of View.jpg (252 KB, 997x899) Image search: [Google]
FF13 Western Point of View.jpg
252 KB, 997x899
>>333322183
>Why do people think XIII is bad?
>>
>>333323735
Kain isn't a stock archetype character?
>>
>>333323493
why was Serah a MC but not her? I don't get it, fuck serah. she's not a character who should be the protagonist for a whole game, just like yuna
>>
>>333323773
Obviously it's subjective, but Vanille, Snow and Hope were awful characters, Fang and Lightning were forgettable, and only Sazh was likeable. The overall quality of the FFX roster was higher.
>>
>>333323829
The post I replied to said
>stock archetype characters (minus Sazh and Fang)
"minus" impies they aren't, and I disagreed with that re: Fang.
>>
>>333322841
The only character that I cant stand so far is hope ill agree that he is the most typical archetype angst anime boy. Sazh is bro-tier and i'm enjoying the characters despite their unoriginal personalities.
>>
>>333322183
I didn't mind FFXIII, but I completely understand why it's disliked. The monorail tutorial shouldn't have lasted half that long, but even when you got past it, relished the brief relief of hitting the open world, and actually began to figure out what all was going on (despite the terrible dialogue & narration), you realized you actually didn't give much of a fuck at all about the setting or the characters (save for Sazh and his son).
>>
>>333323825
He is right, just look at MGSV, it has shit story even though MGS series were always the best at story telling
>>
Forget about the characters, the combat system is what spoiled it the most. The should have stuck with the FFX combat system.
>>
>>333324175
I'm surprised you like Vanille, Snow and even Lightning much at all, but hey, if you're liking the roster then fill your boots.
>>
>>333324341
He's wrong, because he failed to tell a compelling story even while keeping the player on a painfully short leash.
>>
File: FF13-2-Mass-Effect-DLC.jpg (1 MB, 2077x1300) Image search: [Google]
FF13-2-Mass-Effect-DLC.jpg
1 MB, 2077x1300
XIII was meh. It took a while for the game to start actually being fun, and even then it felt too much like a hallway. Glad XV seems to be fixing this.

XII-2 was by far the best out of the XIII Trilogy. Non-linear ,evolved XIII battle system, capture and battle with monsters, time travel, more optional side content than XIII, gold saucer-like area, Coliseum, etc.

LR: XIII: Poor story, and the battle system is too slow for an action game. But you can play dress up with Lightning right?

Not sure if I liked XIII or LR more, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>333322183
>Why do people think XIII is bad?
Because it doesn't have the illusion of freedom that previous FFs had. FF13 is exactly as linear as previous FFs, the only difference is most side stuff isn't until the later parts of the game. People also whine about Auto-Battle while conveniently ignoring that every previous FF can be beaten by just spamming Attack while occasionally using a Potion or two every once in a while.
>>
File: 1459821811263.png (107 KB, 248x304) Image search: [Google]
1459821811263.png
107 KB, 248x304
>>333322183
The game didn't have a story. All they did was running away which lead to exactly what the vision showed them and than the power of friendship happens for no reason and the game ends exactly like the game showed you in the first hour of gameplay
>>
>>333324550
Do you ever stick around to read the replies to this shitpost, or do you just drop it and leave?
>>
File: 1455480223796.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
1455480223796.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>333324550
>every previous FF can be beaten by just spamming Attack while occasionally using a Potion or two every once in a while.
>>
>>333324783
He obviously hasn't played them.
>>
>>333322183
The game itself is "okay". But in terms of being a mainline FF game, it's bad.

Personally, I still enjoyed it. Combat tactics is are flat though. Synergist/Saboteur > Ravager > Commander = always repeated this tactics from beginning to end.
>>
>>333324108
Just to unparse this, I agree Fang was inspired by Kain, but Kain himself isn't really a stock character which means Fang isn't really either. Being based off a character who isn't themself some derivative trope doesn't really make you one. It starts becoming a trope after more of that.
>>
>>333324879
Forgot to add FF13-2 was the best of the trilogy
>>
>>333324341
>even though MGS series were always the best at story telling

That is so wrong it's laughable.

Kojima's writing would get him laughed out of a tv executive boardroom
>>
>>333324887
We can argue semantics all you want, but when they make a character effectively identical to one they've already done in a previous game, the result is a boring and predictable character who does nothing new.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.