[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horror Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: Silent_Hill_2.jpg (41 KB, 320x462) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_2.jpg
41 KB, 320x462
>tfw there will never be another horror game as haunting because the industry thinks horror games are obsolete.
Also, horror game thread.
>>
I'm playing Layers of Fear as we speak. I'm huddled in a narrow hallway listening to sobbing and following some rats. It's a neat game.
>>
>>333318072
Evil within put the final nail. Also, silent Hill 1 has better locations
>>
Just recently played and finished Amnesia: Dark Descent.

It was good but I can't help but feel it was way too over-hyped. I remember this game being talked about all the time in 2011, people exclaiming it to be one of the greatest horror games ever and a supposed revival of the genre. With so much praise I was surprised and disappointing how linear and scripted all of the scares were.
>>
>>333318968
The only people who praise Amnesia as highly as most seem to are ones who have barely played any horror games in their life. That's why it's really popular on Reddit.
>>
File: image.png (213 KB, 351x239) Image search: [Google]
image.png
213 KB, 351x239
>>333318072
But Silent Hill 2 wasnt scary
>>
>>333318072
Alien: Isolation is a good horror game, but not in the same way I guess
Let's just hope Capcom doesn't fuck up the RE2 remake
>>
>>333318968
I felt the same way.
It was just boring and brain dead. Most of the enemies disappear within a few minutes, sometimes seconds of spawning so there is rarely a sense of danger, and the puzzle rooms were piss easy and never had monsters in them so you always felt safe in them which is exactly what a horror game shouldn't do.
The game was neat but there is still so much wasted potential.
>>
>>333318576

It's just OK. It kept beating a dead horse with the same mechanic over and over and over again, though. You know which one I mean. "Oh no, there's no exits here. Let me spin in circles over and over again until a new way opens up".
>>
File: a day with happiness 5.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a day with happiness 5.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: a day with happiness 1.webm (2 MB, 1054x720) Image search: [Google]
a day with happiness 1.webm
2 MB, 1054x720
>>
File: a day with happiness 6.webm (441 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
a day with happiness 6.webm
441 KB, 852x480
>>
File: 1897907-632692_20120305_001.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1897907-632692_20120305_001.jpg
176 KB, 1280x720
What was the symbolism behind this?
>>
>>333324917
>>333324826
>>333324705
I never managed to finish this demo. I figured I wouldn't look online for a walkthrough, and I guess I could have eventually figured it out on my own, but it was too nerve-wracking to spend hours exploring this fucking corridor.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.