[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that VR revolution is here, is smell implementation the next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1455395607425.jpg (545 KB, 2275x3000) Image search: [Google]
1455395607425.jpg
545 KB, 2275x3000
Now that VR revolution is here, is smell implementation the next video game frontier? How will it work? Will there be amiibo-like scent cans? Will it be all-in-one or will there be like sock amiibo, pit amiibo, sweat type B, C etc?
>>
I demand a fart amiibo.
>>
Fart sniffing simulator when
>>
>>333302582
I want to sleep on those thighs
>>
You know, it probably wouldn't be all that difficult to pick out a handful of vague yet unique scents that a scent peripheral could mix and dispense into a wide range of facsimiles. Something like a 16-bit smell system
>>
File: 1453518039412.jpg (368 KB, 2026x2023) Image search: [Google]
1453518039412.jpg
368 KB, 2026x2023
>>333302948
>>333302859
this means that there would be a mask addon for the VR device?
>>
>>333302582
>VR revolution
It's about as much of a revolution as the Magnavox Odyssey and Pong were for videogames
>>
>>333302582
penis and vaginal VR is next. In fact, its already in testing, has been for a few yrs.

Right now I think its still in the hand and mouth replication stage because last time I heard anything it was pretty much a motorized self-masturbation device to moved to the beat of the VR "person."
>>
>>333302582
generating smells requires chemicals and you would need to buy refills like ink cartridges. more moving parts means more shit prone to breaking, too. The costs outweigh the benefits too much and best case scenario a few moron impulse buyers would get it and use it and never refill it

It will never happen in any useful fashion in your lifetime, if at all. Best case scenario is a direct hookup to your brain that triggers the bits connected to your sense of smell, but that would be a minor bonus compared to the other applications of such an input.

sorry anon
>>
>>333303307
You should read Meathouse Man
>>
shut the fuck up with your faggotry and post more kstew
>>
What's with all these mentions of smell? Why would you even care about smell instead of say tactile feedback? Smell and taste are literally the least important senses of them all, especially in video games.
>>
File: 1459834836083.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1459834836083.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1040
>>333303935
>he fell for the tactile feedback meme
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.