[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>RPG Thread Best RPG in your opinion? >That game where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: M&B_ES.png (2 MB, 2246x1551) Image search: [Google]
M&B_ES.png
2 MB, 2246x1551
>RPG Thread

Best RPG in your opinion?

>That game where you can be the Supreme Lord of Despair, then start a new game and become the Grand Chancellor of Justice.

Graphics are not a requirement for good RPGs, but they are a bonus.

Points awarded for lesser-known titles.

Pic semi-related.
>>
>>333296031
BG2
Gothic 2
Deus Ex
Warband is great but I can't bring myself to play the singleplayer anymore after so many hours in it.
>>
>>333296338

Try modding warband if you're bored of the singleplayer, the Game of Thrones mod 'ACOK' is great and actually works really well.
>>
>>333296649
I have modded warband extensively and I'm not a big fan of GoT or ACOK. Now I just play multiplayer but there aren't really any RPG elements in MP.
>>
File: 1388591216188.gif (569 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
1388591216188.gif
569 KB, 680x382
>WRPG
Morrowind
>JRPG
Chrono Tiger
>CRPG
Arcanum
>ARPG
VTMB
>SRPG
Age of Wonders.
>Faux RPG
Dragon Age Origins
>GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME ACROSS ALL CATEGORIES
Demon's Souls
>>
>>333296031
that world map is so shitty
its like created by aliens
real world doesnt work like that
>>
>>333297212
I enjoyed Morrowind but it's nowhere near the best RPG for me. Gothic is the best open world RPG to me because it feels so much more lively instead of being so static with schedules and NPCs that react to you.
>>
>>333298561
Had to take points off for Gothics horse shit combat system
>>
>>333296031
Hmm my fav rpgs at this moment
Jrpg:
Final Fantasy 6
Wrpg:
I dunno, probably Skyrim
Tactical Rpg:
Fire Emblem & FF Tactics
>>
>>333299123
What makes Morrowind the best WRPG for you then? The combat is a hell of a lot worse than Gothic.
>>
>>333296031
best rpgs ever:

chrono trigger
dark souls
WoW

just one man's opinion
>>
>>333299275
Its not, it has standard dice roll combat for RPGs, unless you're trying to bring up the miss meme. As for what makes it better? It's a living breathing world with god tier writing and enough content to hold you for multiple playthroughs on vanilla alone
>>
>>333296031
Gothic 2
Morrowind
Suikoden 2
VtMB
Neverwinter Nights (if you count persistent worlds and modules potential)

Couple of honorable mentions: Divine Divinity, Sacred
>>
>>333299787
>living breathing world
>morrowind
?
NPCs never sleep, they never go around town doing things (except for Fargoth), they never do things like have you follow them out of town so they can rob you with a group of their friends.
>standard dice roll combat
There are ways to make combat engaging while still having dice rolls like BG or NWN
>>
>Final Fantasy Tactics
Not mind blowing but damn fun. Wish they still made shit like this.
Related, any suggestions for games like this?
>>
>>333299275
is this a joke

combat in morrowind is all about stamina management

gothic combat was more just baiting out hits from your opponents

when I got to a large group of skeletons at the end of gothic 1 and couldnt kill any of them I ended up quitting the game and never finishing it, very cool world but fuck skellies
>>
>>333300890
>stamina management
You mean chugging sujamma and stamina potions while spamming M1 with best attack on because they couldn't bother to make the different swings make sense in terms of damage.
>>
File: adwr.png (15 KB, 135x138) Image search: [Google]
adwr.png
15 KB, 135x138
>>
>>333296031
>Best RPG in your opinion?

Deus Ex, hands down.
>>
>>333301920
/thread
>>
>>333296031
Maybe not the best, but my favorite has to be the Ultima Underworld games. Played it a few months ago and it was fantastic.
>>
>>333301858
Still got to play the second part, is it good or worse than the first?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.