[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw life feels like an MMORPG where the magic or exploring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1459876899917.png (45 KB, 109x180) Image search: [Google]
1459876899917.png
45 KB, 109x180
>tfw life feels like an MMORPG where the magic or exploring is gone, every main quest completed, and now all that's left to do is grinding monotonous dailies for the rest of your existence for shitty loot just to maintain said existence
>>
>>333295056
Yup. And all the instances are LFG shitfests.
>>
It's ok. Try getting into a hobby/discipline. I dunno. Become a chef or woodworker or smith or some sort of craft.
>>
>>333295056
You're telling me I'm playing TWO MMOs now?
>>
>>333295056
Queue up in dungeon finder and grind rep.

I'm Exalted with Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians thanks to strategic grinding.
>>
File: idle.gif (2 MB, 400x420) Image search: [Google]
idle.gif
2 MB, 400x420
>>333295056
>it's a "real life is like a boring mmorpg" episode
>>
>>333295056
>fucked up my point allocation in my talent tree
>no option to refund points, have to grind all over again
>nobody ingame have an agreed definitive method of getting rid debuffs like autism
also
>know enough of the game to not fuck up on a second character
>you can only play this game once and only open one character

fucking bullshit
>>
>>333295056

kek
life sucks
>>
>empty friends list
Oh well, I'm more of a solo player anyway
>>
>you get randomly allocated class at the start
>you don't know which it is
>can allocate points in any tree but only your class tree would get you buffs for currency and happiness
>meanwhile higher level players always tell you to put points into same tree as them
>end up with a shitty useless build you hate
>>
>>333295326
Was there *ANY* MMO where my profession combined with professions of other players makes for a good endgame?
I always wanted to play MMO that is more than just dungeon or PvP grind in endgame.
>>
File: 1395791339301.jpg (94 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1395791339301.jpg
94 KB, 399x388
>>333296193
>>
>>333296736
I heard SWG endgame had many mechanics based around profession cooperation. Also in vanilla/BC wow professions played a large role.
>>
File: 2ch ru ukraine dude.png (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2ch ru ukraine dude.png
2 MB, 1280x960
If you want you could go to one of the PVP events in Ukraine or the middle east. Unfortunately the big clans dominate everything there, so you'll have to join one
>>
File: Why God.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Why God.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1200
>playing an mmorpg
>am in guild
>have foreign sounding name
>people think im from a specific country due to name
>start roleplaying as a joke as a person from that country
>some actually believe im not joking
>can't stop to talk normally now, always have to write with foreign accent to uphold the illusion
>>
>>333295056
Ok... just roll with this...

Implying there is a god and souls... roll with it.

"Hey, soul, download this game called 'Existence on the Mortal Plane!' The level cap just got raised from 13 to 18, and theirs an expansion called 'The Roaring 20's!' where it also gets raised to 100!"

>Ok, god, np. last game you recommended was the crusades and we ended up playing for centuries. Lets do it.

Game start
>ok... so whats going on here?

"Alright soulbro, so now you are given a name at random, as well as a race and starting area at random. Some are more PvP oriented then others, some are more PvE. Its just one huge server... Ok, looks like your starting in Minnesota, United States."

>Ok what does that mean?

"Well, its a PvE starting area, lots of craftsmen and farming, focus on being hardy. Those two right there, that are talking, they are your player sponsors. They got you until level 18, and then you are on your own. Oh hey, look at your starting stats! You have a +2 to constitution and strength, but a -1 to dexterity and wisdom."

>Alright... so... what do I do?

"Focus on eating, learning how to move, and how to talk. If you don't master those by level 5, other players who are high level healers and stuff can either give you a permanent debuff and give you consumables to fight against it, or you have nothing wrong with you, or can die. Really is based on your intelligence level, the sponsors will help as best as they can.

>(ok... this game is starting to feel complicated...)

Continued on next post.
>>
>>333297890
Our story picks up at level 5...

>Yo, god, whats up here? My sponsors are taking me to like... idk an arena?

"Oh, its school. You can do a lot here, you get all of your intelligence and wisdom based quests here. Once again, now its up to you to start making your toon unique."

>Ok... the sponsor called 'mom' is talking about little league... football? whats that?

"Oh, sweet dude! thats all for your strength and stamina. It can also boost your dexterity. Its a long quest though... if you do this, it doesn't end til like... 22. It ties into the school quest lines as well. You can really balance out your character with this."

>Fuck it... lets do it. I wanna be a big bad ass battle mage like i was in the crusades.

Few days later...

>Yo, what the hell is Temple?

"This ties into your piety perk, and luck. belief in a higher power can help, but its up to you. some people worship science, god- no not me-, flying spaghetti monsters, a six arm-"

>Worshiping the flying spaghetti monster. I'm getting a new perk that says "Odd". Also got a sticker to put on a piece of equipment... cool!

"Ooookay. Whatever floats your boat soulbro."
>>
>>333298590
Our heroic is level 11, and is going through a... special time in his life.

>DUDE! WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING TO MYSELF!" WHY IS THERE A STRESS METER! WHY DO I HAVE A BUFF THAT SAYS GROUNDED? WHY DO I HAVE A MESSAGE FROM 'DAD' SAYING THIS IS NATURAL!
WHY ARE GIRLS PRETTY?!?!?!?!?!

"Kinda not my place to spoil it for you. But... yea. liking it so far?"

>Fuck yes. haven't gotten to fight anyone yet though. just some generic enemies called bullies.

"Don't stress... eventually you fight these things called bosses and exes.

Fast forward to 13...

>Okay, it all makes sense now, the touching mechanism is bad ass, and if i do it with a chick we can be sponsors to fresh characters? Cool.

"yea, wait until your level 25 for that, or else these really high level toons will ban hammer you to "prison. its a constant PvP area and is not really fun. Can't leave until the toon who sent you there says your good, or you hit a certain level."

>By the way, whats the U.S. Army?

"Its a big guild for PvP. Kinda slow sometimes, but usually the get alot of kills and wins. They really hate two other guilds called Al Queda and ISIS. But its not a bad guild to join.

>Damn, I can't join until i'm level 18.
>>
>>333298590
Just don't equip a helmet from fedora type.
>>
>>333299329
Our hero is now 16, and has experienced his first failed attempt at finding a co sponsor for a fresh toon. Lets observe.

>That. Bitch.

"Its gonna be cool dude."

>I'll kill her.

"Kinda can't, your not flagged for PvP."

>(Damnit, fuckin bitch, thats the 18th one in 3 levels...)

Our hero is now level 18, and is excited to join the guild, the U.S. Army(done inbetween {} marks).

>So... what do I have to join?
{Graduate the School quest line?}
>Yup.
{Play any sports?}
>Football and golf.
{Ok, so take this aptitude test so we can find a place for you in our guild. We have hundreds of jobs here.}

"Bro, you gotta test high on this, or else you would get stuck with like... infantry."
-PS OP of story was in the infantry. Lots of fun, scored decent on my asvab and got a 121 gt score. dual MOS after 8 years to Medic.-

>Sweet, I got a 76 on my asvab!
{Congrats, wanna go infantry and kill people?}

"Nooooooooooo...."

>Hell yea!!!!!
>>
>>333299329
>>333300037
>life of a normalfag
Not even once.
>>
>>333295783
How did you get exalted with both Republicans and Democrats? I thought once you get x amount with 1 you lose more then x with the other.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.