[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no equip load >few build variety >level design = dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: bloodborne.png (1 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
1 MB, 1024x576
>no equip load
>few build variety
>level design = dead ends everywhere
>like half of the bosses are furries
>20 vials from the very beginning means you can play like a retard without much consequence
>abusable as fuck parries
>PVP is utter trash
>literally rips off Lovecraft
>chromatic aberration
>frame pacing issues out of the ass

Why is this game so praised again?
>>
Its fun
>>
File: ps4.png (25 KB, 314x77) Image search: [Google]
ps4.png
25 KB, 314x77
>>
File: 1449201903345.jpg (886 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1449201903345.jpg
886 KB, 1600x900
Saga
>>
File: 1454177208124.png (326 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1454177208124.png
326 KB, 1000x750
>>
File: 1446561836111.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446561836111.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
IT'S NOT LIKE I WANT TO PLAY IT ANYWAY!
>>
>>333290841
are they still mad?
its been a year now
>>
>>333290841
>>333290935
>>333291014
>>333291025
This is a +18 website
>>
>>333290604
>No equip load
Aka no shit mechanic
>Few builds
More of a action game and the weapons are more fun and varied in style then Skin Souls
>Bad level design
Better then the rest of the series besides maybe DeS and i can't say for DaS3 yet
>Furries
Nice meme its like the game is based around Beasts or something
>Play like a retard
You actually have to earn time to heal and it has startup because of how aggressive bosses are. Opposed to Souls games outside of maybe DaS2 where when you get hit you get a gap to drink afterwards against most bosses
>Abusable parries
Whoa like its a core mechanic they intended to have tons of times to use
>Pvp is trash
Agreed should've just made a arena or take away the dumb 1/4 health reduction
>Ripping off lovecraft
I guess borrowing from anything is ripping it off. I guess Souls games ripped off Medieval periods then as well as DnD style enemies.
>Chromatic Aberration
Agreed that was shit
>Frame pacing issues
Agreed

You only have 3 semi valid points. The rest is you being wrong or stupid. Not that the game is perfect or anything. But atleast come up with some valid issues like how half the bosses are absolute throw aways.
>>
>>333291374
>arguing with someone who doesn't give ashit about what you say or think
nah I think I'll just expose the cuc.k for who it is instead
>>
File: 1448662645105.jpg (3 KB, 107x125) Image search: [Google]
1448662645105.jpg
3 KB, 107x125
>>333291374
>he is mad
>>
>>333291406
>replying with logic and intelligence
come on man its a OP is bored cause he has no games to play so he shitposts
>>
>>333291406
>shit mechanic
>equip load
>more depth is a shit mechanic
wew lad, stopped reading
post invalidated
>>
>>333291374
>tells ps4 owners they are underaged for participating in platform wars
>scrolls right by the PC users identical comments the ps4 owners were replying too
You are basically insulting yourself by stooping to another anons level to shitpost against them. This goes both ways. Don't let the trolls strike a nerve a win.
>>
>>333291760

>Being retarded.

Equip load didn't add fuckall, because there was only one choice inevitably. The depth from burden is an illusion, and everyone else choosing to purposely fat roll were basically new retards eating shit, while people with fastest roll were not retarded.
>>
>>333290604
Still bitter.
>>
File: lollipop_lollipop.jpg (16 KB, 447x246) Image search: [Google]
lollipop_lollipop.jpg
16 KB, 447x246
>>333290604
>PCucks still shitposting bloodborne one year later

It still hurts, right PCucks?
>>
>>333293480
It adds limitations to what you can equip, in Bloodborne you're basically a Mary Sue. Mid roll is fine and fat roll is fine too if you're going to play a turtle. Sorry about your retarness bro.
>>
>>333290604
>No equip load
Bloodborne is an action game, it wouldn't benefit from it.
>few build variety
But thats a blatant lie.
Quality>Quantity anyway, and the gameplay being better helps the replayability.
>level design = dead ends
Just like in any Souls game?
Play the game first, shitpost then.
>20 vials from the very beginning means you can play like a retard
I love this meme.
You can get +2 estus in 5 minutes in Dark Souls, and that will carry you all the way to Anor Londo.
Not to mention the damage in Bloodborne is ridiculously higher because of the added power in counter hits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4yk-axJnJk
Just like in any souls game?
Except in this, Parries are expendable and you can't do it literally forever.
>PVP is utter trash
Just like in any Souls game?
Not a bad thing.
Souls rips off Berserk and real life locations too, but I guess thats okay because Souls is on PC?
>chromatic aberration
>frame pacing issues
Your only 2 valid complaints.

2/10 got me to reply
>>
File: berserk-1449934.jpg (199 KB, 800x1206) Image search: [Google]
berserk-1449934.jpg
199 KB, 800x1206
>>333291406
>Souls games ripped off Medieval periods then as well as DnD style enemies.
Nigger they copied berserk.
>>
>>333294612
>build variety
>blatant lie
You literally have

>Quality
>vit gouge + 1 stat (str or skill)
>bloodtinge
>arcane

In the main game, the DLC added a handful of weapons that benefit unique builds like str/bt.

There is literally -no point- to having builds in Bloodborne especially since you're saying "it's an action game"
>>
>>333295007
you try to hard to make bloodborne seem as a bad game in your head
just buy a ps4 or a ps4k and enjoy bloodborne and a ton other amazing ps4 exclusives
unless you are poor
>>
>>333295007
STR
SKL
Quality
BLT-SKL
BLT-STR
ARC-SKL
ARC-STR
pure BLT
pure ARC
Gems add other elements like poison, rapid poison (bleed), elemental damage
>There is literally -no point- to having builds in Bloodborne especially since you're saying "it's an action game"
And what if I want to use ARC but my character doesnt have high ARC?
What if I like replaying the game a lot, and I want to try different things? Naawh, that can't be right.

Also, if you're going with this logic, I'll say the same about Souls.
If you do PVP, you never have any incentive to have a build other than flippy pyro katana
If you do PVE, you never have any incentive to have a build other than dex/int because of the retarded nature of sorceries.

Dude over generalizing lmao
>>
>>333294612
>Bloodborne is an action game, it wouldn't benefit from it.
It has the same base mechanics as other Souls games, so it should be compared to them.
>But thats a blatant lie.
Explain.
>Just like in any Souls game?
I guess you should play the other games.
>Play the game first, shitpost then.
Nice argument.
>You can get +2 estus in 5 minutes in Dark Souls, and that will carry you all the way to Anor Londo.
10 total flasks before you get the rite of kindling. And that's if you spend the scarce Humanity.
>Just like in any souls game?
Except it's you can parry from a distance, and a lot of bosses can be parried.
>Except in this, Parries are expendable and you can't do it literally forever.
Blood pellets.
>Just like in any Souls game?
Even worse.
>Souls rips off Berserk and real life locations too, but I guess thats okay because Souls is on PC?
One thing is inspiration, another is blatant ripoff. Why are you even bringing PC into the discussion?
>>
>>333290604
>no fun allowed
>>
>>333290604

I'm 2 hours in and it's my first souls.

Any tips?
>>
>>333290604
I'm trying to see what's the problem here but I can't.
>>
>>333290935
>Wtf is...? Bloodborne
>>
>>333295585
>fast hunter guy
>fast hunter guy
>fast hunter guy
Dude build variety lmao
Not to mention the best gems are in the godawful chalice dungeons
>>
PCfags will NEVER EVER get to use the best version of the Moonlight greatsword
>>
>>333293974

You're the "retarned" one m8. Mid roll is unneeded garbage and pointless and literally nothing of value was lost by it's removal. For example you can still turtle with the fastest roll, since that's more determined by your shield and how you play. Having a fatroll doesn't offer anything... It's just a handicap, and there's no added depth.

Limiting your gear does add depth either. I'm not sure how limiting your gear adds depth. Sure, you make a choice about what weapons and armor to wear, but everyone with a working brain will choose the fastest roll possible. All it limits really is additional offense and curtails your load out. Basically the opposite of depth. Please reply without brain damage next time.
>>
>>333295886
You want heavily armoured knights trudging through a gothic european 1800's world?
It's a new setting.
>>
>>333295886
Why do people say this like it counters build variety? Movement speed has nothing to do with build variety. Where as Souls tanking is heavy armour and high HP, BB tanking is high HP and high HP regain. There are still heavy, mid and light weapons. Arcane and bloodtinge exist. Seeking gems out in Chalices is shit, yeah, but they still increase build variety, as do Lost and Uncanny variants of weapons.
Bloodborne shitposters are the dumbest people, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>333295586
>It has the same base mechanics as other Souls games, so it should be compared to them.
Sure.
Therefore we can all say that Bloodborne wouldn't benefit from an equip load system.
>Explain
see>>333295585
>I guess you should play the other games
Are you saying Dark Souls didn't have dead ends?
Nostalgia fags.
>Nice argument
And yet his argument was equally as retarded.
Saying half the bosses are "furries", whatever that means, is blatantly wrong - and even if it was true, its not a bad thing.
>10 total flasks before you get the rite of kindling. And that's if you spend the scarce Humanity.
Humanity isn't scarce at all and you can kill Pinwheel with Leeroy in under 10 minutes from starting the game.
>Except it's you can parry from a distance, and a lot of bosses can be parried.
Most of the bosses can't, and even then it requires better timing than any parry in Souls.
I don't see the issue.
>Blood pellets
Which uses your health, meaning vials. Its also slow to make them, leaving you vulnerable for some time.
>Even worse
I don't see how, since the gameplay is better.
The only thing other Souls game have on the PVP is better connectivity, which doesn't matter because the matches itself are laggy as shit anyway
PVP is shit in all the games anyway, so whatever.
>One thing is inspiration, another is blatant ripoff. Why are you even bringing PC into the discussion?
>one thing is inspiration
So Bloodborne having Lovecraftian stuff in it?
>another is a blatant ripoff
So Souls taking real life locations and using them a bunch of times in the games, like Anor Londo for example.
>>
File: 02136.jpg (18 KB, 333x246) Image search: [Google]
02136.jpg
18 KB, 333x246
>>333290604
>no PC version
>>
>>333295886
>dude build variety lmao
Explain how the "build variety" in Souls is any better then.
You end up doing the same things anyway, and if you want to call magic builds fun or great gameplay, you can fuck off right now.
>>
When will people learn to ignore Bloodborne shitposters? Their arguments are flawed if they dislike Bloodborne but like Souls, and if they dislike the whole franchise, who fucking cares? Just ignore them because they're almost always wrong, and there's barely any of them. They'll move on to Dark Souls 3 shitposting soon enough.
>>
>>333296162
It does add depth. Are you dumb?
If equip load didn't exist everyone would be fast rolling in Havels with 5 different weapons equipped. It adds depth by limiting what you can do with with the things you have at your disposal. Sorry that you were dropped on your head as a child and can't see this.
>>
>>333296830
Their in for a surprise then since DS3 takes tons of shit from BB
>>
File: 1458943652136.jpg (138 KB, 483x651) Image search: [Google]
1458943652136.jpg
138 KB, 483x651
>PCucks still upset that they can't plat Bloodborne
>>
>>333296830
>muh perfect game
>criticizing is shitposting
>>>/neogaf/

>>333296568
Here, https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/builds

>>333296343
Bloodtinge and Arcane are basically gimped meme builds. They add close to nothing.
>>
>>333297394
>here:
Wooow, a bunch of builds proving what I said true! Thanks m80
>>
>>333297394
>meme builds
Shitposting extraordinaire. You are stupid if you believe what you're saying, but you are stupid if you're pretending to be stupid, too.
>>
>there are people in this thread claiming Amygdalan Arm and Saw Cleaver play the same way
Dude build variety fags lmao
>>
>>333297593
How so?

>>333297765
>s-shitposting
Wow nice argument bro, you sure showed me.
>>
>>333291760
the game is very fast paced, i'll agree it works is DS, but that shit isn't necessary in BB and would only bring the game down
>>
File: sonycucks will defend this.webm (329 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
sonycucks will defend this.webm
329 KB, 600x338
>>
>>333297346
Im a pcuck as you kids may say and still played and platinumd bloodborne.
Lets be real, if you have money for a good gaming pc you can also buy a ps4
>>
>>333297954
You have no argument. Your response to build variety is 'no', because you have no idea what you're talking about. The weapons, their forms, their variants, the gems, the skills, and runes all add build variety, good build variety.
I've seen more varied builds in 400 hours of Bloodborne, co-op and PvP, than I have in both DaS and DaS2 in 2000 hours of those.
You should have just claimed you were pretending to be stupid.
>>
Dark Souls
>Blatantly unfinished
>Second half takes a nose dive in quality
>Criticals, magic, pyromancies and rings are way too overpowered
>Bosses have barely any health at all
>Bosses are recycled like fuck
>Horribly optimized on consoles, 60 fps breaks physics on PC
>Generic as fuck artstyle
>PVP is utter trash
>Literally rips off real life locations

Why is this meme so memed again?
>>
>>333298052
git gud
>>
>>333298052
Why would they defend something that was clearly wrong, because it was fixed in a patch?
>>
>>333296859

Making strict castes doesn't add depth to your game, it subtracts it. The "limiting equips" scenario you're rattling off about doest exist and is simply idealized innyour head. People just follow The Formula:

>Wear weapons of choice.
>Stack poise as high as possible while maintaining fastest roll.

By your logic having less moves in a fighting game gives it more depth because choosing a character is harder.
>>
>>333298052
git gud
>>
>>333298380
Sure you have. Melee builds with damage coming from different stats sure is more build variety than Dark Souls. Keep being delusional.
>>
>>333298721
You're arguing with an idiot, the type of idiot that will never admit they are wrong, because they probably can't understand any alternative. Just ignore him, he'll continue to think he's right either way.
>>
>>333290604
You're never getting the game. Just give it up and move on.
>>
Unrelated to OP, but why do people overrate Dark Souls so ridiculously high?

I've seen it mentioned in so many places, calling it one of the best games ever made and a true masterpiece. Like, fucking really? Are people just blind to all its flaws or what?
>>
>>333290604
>ds3 release early for ps4
>ds3 release early for xbone
>pcniggers left behind in the dust
>the few that do have it on pc have noted it runs at 18fps on the most powerful card to date
>so mad they have to keep resorting to shitposting bloodborne all day

It must really suck to be a PCfag. Not to mention all the other issues they deal with like failed drivers and drm.
>>
>>333298721
>The "limiting equips" scenario you're rattling off about doest exist and is simply idealized innyour head.
How doesn't it exist? It literally does.

>People just follow The Formula
People don't have to follow a formula. Minmaxing exists in literally every RPG with some sort of depth, that's not an argument.
If you want to use heavy armor, an heavy weapon and rings that don't decrease your load you're going to have to sacrifice your rolls for it. That's depth.
I suppose you should only use the weapons that do the most damage in Bloodborne.
>By your logic having less moves in a fighting game gives it more depth because choosing a character is harder.
You should learn what false equivalence is.
>>
>>333298094
>if you have money for a good gaming pc you can also buy a ps4
yes but those who shitpost about bloodborne have laptops but they think they are le master race
>>
File: PC confirmed.jpg (125 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
PC confirmed.jpg
125 KB, 1024x576
>>333299470
Our time will come soon
>>
>>333290604
Still the best Souls game by far.
>>
>>333299236
>>333299470
>everything has to be about platform wars
Holy shit, the retarded kids are really chained to this place.
>>
>>333299681
kek
>>
>>333298907
Light melee builds, medium melee builds, heavy melee builds, tool builds, gun builds, heavy gun builds, bow build, beast build/alien mode, poison rolling build. A bunch of weapons with very different play styles. All somehow not variety because you move the same speed when dashing in most of them?

If we restrict build variety down that way, what does DaS have?
Light, med, heavy melee. Magic. Bows. Dragon mode. Minor damage from rolls build.
If 'different damage types from different stats' doesn't add to variety, then miracles, magic and pyro are basically all the same thing. Most weapons don't even have different movesets, so it doesn't even make sense if you're confusing equipment variety with build variety.
I love Dark Souls, and Demon's, more than Bloodborne, but you are dense.

Fuck, Anon, do you get off on being called dumb? I don't understand how somebody can be so wrong qnd continue posting. Just accept it, it won't kill you.
>>
>>333299456
>I suppose you should only use the weapons that do the most damage in Bloodborne.
Are you implying that theres any point in using anything but the best weapon in Souls then?

Fucking lol.
>>
>>333299681
I thought the bloodborne guy shoots the gun with his left hand?
>>
>>333299704
This is /v/ people don't care about games just the platforms.
>>
>>333299840
>Light melee builds, medium melee builds, heavy melee builds, tool builds, gun builds, heavy gun builds, bow build, beast build/alien mode, poison rolling build
>basically the same shit with a different paint of coat
And I thought you had some sort of argument here.
Even Miyazaki himself said Bloodborne is more limited, you have to be really fucking delusional to think otherwise.
The game is fine for what it is, but don't pretend it has more variety than Souls, it simply doesn't.
>>
>>333290604
>>
>>333299886
I think you lack reading comprehension.
>>
So does the last chalice get harder than defiled amygdala?
>>
>>333300258
Yeah, they all deal damage at the end of the day, and the result is always the same - either you or the enemy dies. There's only one build in all the Souls games, because of that.
>>
>>333300595
>strawman
wew lad
I think we're done here.
>>
>>333300258
I don't see why it matters, you have your heavy weapons and light weapons. Bloodborne has it all.

>inb4 magic fag
>>
>>333300359
I'm not that same anon, anon.
You saying shit like
>I suppose you should only use the weapons that do the most damage in Bloodborne.
Just shows how much you don't know about it.
All the weapons have their pros and cons.

And why would you not use havels ring? Why would you ever use mid roll or fat roll? Why would you ever use the slower weapons in Souls?
Christ, why even use any melee when Magic does over 2000 damage per cast?
>>
>>333290604
>Why is this game so praised again?
Because it has:
- The best visuals. And I'm not talking about just model and texture quality, BB delivers consistent high quality design throughout the whole game.
- Arguably the best boss fights (Gehrman, Ludwig, Gascoigne and Maria are definitely up there). And overall boss quality is pretty high.
- The best atmosphere. This one is a bit subjective, I guess. But I felt like the world of Bloodborne had left the strongest impression of all Souls games.
- Fastest and most skill based combat.
- Great world design.
- The most fun weapons. BB doesn't have 10 straight swords with almost identical movesets, but all the weapons in BB feel very unique.

Overall Bloodborne feels very complete. Definitely more complete than DaS 1 or 2. Probably on par with DeS.
>>
>>333300746
You should've backed out a while ago, you dumb-dumb. Your argument was baseless and you've countered nothing.
>>
I've only played DaS 1, 2 and bloodborne. Bloodborne was the best game of those 3.
>>
>>333300920
this desu
>>
>333290604
>no equip load
Good, that was a cancerous choice in DaS
>few build variety
Not a big deal unless you're autistic and want to finish it with every possible build
>level design = dead ends everywhere
Bullshit
In line with the beast theme, also they were diversified even if they had fur
>20 vials from the very beginning means you can play like a retard without much consequence
More accessible =/= bad
What the hell is that even supposed to mean?
>PVP is utter trash
Elaborate
More like ties the universe with Lovecraft
>chromatic aberration
No arguments here
>frame pacing issues out of the ass
I had very little framerate issues and unless you've only played the vanilla you should have too
>>
>muh build variety
Why is this argument still used to shit on Bloodborne in comparison to Souls?

Why does the bigger build variety matter when the gameplay, bosses, enemies and weapons are all inferior in Souls?
Its literally,
>quantity>quality:
The argument
>>
>>333293974
In Bloodborne everything I just light armor
>>
>>333301072
>build variety isn't a quality
What?
>>
>>333301072
I don't think they've played BB.
>>
File: 1459686914268.jpg (76 KB, 900x938) Image search: [Google]
1459686914268.jpg
76 KB, 900x938
>>333290604
best pve worst pvp

bosses were so easy in dark souls 3 compared to bloodborne for me

but dark souls 3 way better pvp
>>
>>333300906
>argument
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
i wish bloodborne was on pc ;_;

too poor for ps4
>>
>>333300746
You got BTFO
>>
>all these sonyggers trying to defend literally the only game on their shitty console
>>
>>333300906
How is it baseless?
How did you prove Bloodborne has more build varietya again?
>>
>>333301163
>its worse, but theres more of it!
>this is a quality
Yeah, what indeed?
>>
>>333301203
Really? Wonder how I'll fair with DaS3 after completing BB plat almost now. Just a couple trophies left.
>>
>>333300857
Expect some weapons are straight upgrades, there's no point in using the saw cleaver once you get the saw spear, for instance.
>>
>>333298457
>Character literally stops every time he takes damage
>Parries won't work if enemies try to hit while running
>Character takes a crapload of time just to get up
>Particles are literally PS2 tier
>The environment is always flat as fuck
>Hitboxes are broken
>Enemies with instakill attacks
>You use triple the stamina for attacks compared to BB
>Enemies take three times less damage compared to BB
>You lose humanity points if you die
>>
>>333301356
By using your own logic to bring builds down to the basics from both Bloodborne and Souls, revealing there was just as many in both, if not less in DaS.
If damage from different sources that requires different stats isn't part of build variety, then there's only one build in all of the games.
>>
>>333301508
>it's worse
>has more build variety
What?
You do realize that's a quality right?
>>
>>333301347
>all these assmad PCfags still butthurt after a whole YEAR
wew
>>
>>333301565
The fastest bloodborne speedrun is done with the saw cleaver from a quarter in on.
>>
>>333301653
But's there's many more hybrid and gimmick builds you can do in DaS. You're objectively wrong.
>>
>>333301347
I'm defending Bloodborne but really couldn't give a shit about Sony or the PS4. I'd jump to Bloodborne on PC in a heartbeat.
>>
>>333301565
Saw Cleaver is better for quality builds while Saw Spear is focused on SKL builds
>>333301663
The game having more build variety is a plus, sure.
But the core gameplay, and what you actually use those build in, meaning the bosses, enemies, combat in general - is inferior.
Theres more of it, but actually using it is worse.
Why should I make another build just to kill 3 asylum demons again? Because it somehow makes the gameplay better?
>>
File: check em.gif (1 MB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
check em.gif
1 MB, 406x449
>>333290770
Under rated post
>>
Best game of the gen so far
>>
>>333301823
Go ahead and list them, without linking to mugenmonkey.
>>
>>333301958
How is the core gameplay objectively better?
Being fast and having trick weapons doesn't make something inherently better.
>>
File: 1436855968512.jpg (184 KB, 600x818) Image search: [Google]
1436855968512.jpg
184 KB, 600x818
>>333290604
cuz its fun
>>
I had a much harder time with BB than I did with DaS or DeS, mostly due to the lack of cheesing options.
>>
>>333290604
>like half the bosses are furries
If by that you mean beasts, isn't that a key point in the plot?
Meh, I guess I'll give you that one, but bullets are limited unless you want to spend health
>literally rips off lovecraft
literally nothing wrong with this
>chromatic aberration
>frame pacing issues
ye

look...
making these threads gets you nowhere if you give the slightest hint at you being on PC
An easier way to shitpost is:
>I'm loving this game but have some complaints
then list all but the last two in a less aggressive tone

>>333299236
you are just as retarded as the OP, remember that
>>
>>333299456

1. It's idealized. It's existence is useless compared to it's practicality. To overburden is literally inferior in every way to a build with superior rolling speed thus making it's literalness pointless. To choose to do this is either 1st day noob shit or YouTube memester. If you feel otherwise about your claim, I can show you in a match how inferior it is.

2. See above. If you're planning a build worth a single fuck, you follow the Mandatory Dark Souls Build Registration, in which fatrolling is a strict no-fly, unless of course you're a new player or funny memester.
If you want to play with inferior diversity there are a million ways to do that in basically every game. That's not true diversity though, it's gymnastics to use anything as an excuse to be diverse. The baseline is probably can it match up it least somewhat with a standard build, fatrolling literally can't.

3. You should learn what fallacy-fallacy is. My analogy is correct and equivalent. You argue that making more decisions about a build adds depth and diversity, but that's not the case here just as choosing from a roaster of more limited characters makes the game itself more.
diverse.
BB naturally had significantly more variety and options in combat despite being burdened by less choice, having less spells, less weapons, no encumbrance, no wands, and no poise.

Come back undamaged.
>>
>>333302165
>don't link to the website with all the builds, that will prove me wrong!
Hilarious.
>>
>>333293974
>in Bloodborne you're basically a Mary Sue

christ
>>
>>333302190
Rolls aren't limited to 4 directions
Weapons have way more moves and unique animations
Enemies have far larger movesets and have far larger health pools, meaning longer fights that still don't drag too long
Bosses have far larger movesets, dynamic phase changes, dynamic music, dynamic combos and have larger health pools, meaning boss fights actually last longer than 20 seconds in BB compared to Souls
Magic is actually balanced and isn't just a "sit back, spam L1" simulator like in Souls.
The overall fluidity of controls is impressively better, not to mention all attacks flow extremely well together.
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434 KB, 571x540
I didn't really like BB for the build variety. No matter what you played everything felt the same. The only build that felt unique was Bloodtinge and it wasn't really viable against bosses.
>>
>>333302472
But many of them are minor tweaks of other builds, or don't even show the potential combinations of skills properly. I'm not going through a list of those to match them in Bloodborne, because I'm aware of most of them. I've been playing the game since its Japanese release. I think you're grossly overestimating the variety of builds in Dark Souls while applying different rules to what makes a build in Bloodborne.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-05+at+12.35.44).jpg (924 KB, 3840x1079) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-05+at+12.35.44).jpg
924 KB, 3840x1079
It's decent, just not anything revolutionary. Although the framerate at some points is fucking egregious; dropping to slideshow-tier when I'm doing basic actions like trying to duel bagmen or fight the fire dog is obnoxious as fuck. And honestly, it does have some seriously weird difficulty spikes and problems, especially with my arcane build.

DaS1 > BB > DeS > DaS2.
>>
>>333303270
You'll benefit more from Arcane the higher it is, it's not like Souls scaling.
>>
>>333302431
You're argument is literally
>muh minmaxing
I guess you hate fun and use no build other than the most OP one in Bloodborne?
There's goes your build variety ;^)

>You should learn what fallacy-fallacy is. My analogy is correct and equivalent. You argue that making more decisions about a build adds depth and diversity, but that's not the case here just as choosing from a roaster of more limited characters makes the game itself more.
diverse.
1. you're bumfuck retarded for having to use an analogy in the first place
2.a mechanic like equip load is not equivalent to having less moves in a fighting character at all

>BB naturally had significantly more variety and options in combat despite being burdened by less choice, having less spells, less weapons, no encumbrance, no wands, and no poise.
Yeah, sure. Strength and Skill build are literally better than Arcane and Bloodtinge. Why even bother using other builds when they're the same shit but with less damage?
>>
>>333291406
>how aggressive bosses are

Maybe the DLC bosses. The regular bosses outside of Marty are passive as fuck and usually give you 3-6 whole seconds to heal the moment you press Dodge. And yes I usually play with high insight.
>>
>>333302939
Sure you are, you're aware of every single build in Dark Souls.
>>
>>333303857
Yeah, glad we can agree on something.
>>
>>333303748
>Strength and Skill build are literally better than Arcane and Bloodtinge.
>Why even bother using other builds when they're the same shit but with less damage?
>Arcane
>Bloodtinge
>less damage
now THIS is shitposting, goddamn!
>>
>>333302681
>Rolls aren't limited to 4 directions
Yeah, instead you have a super duper anime dash that consumes next to no stamina.
>Weapons have way more moves and unique animations
They're also less, and there's still some pretty similar ones like Saw Cleaver and Spear.
>Enemies have far larger movesets and have far larger health pools, meaning longer fights that still don't drag too long
Bosses being damage sponges isn't a good thing. There's also boss phases in DaS if you didn't know.
>Magic is actually balanced and isn't just a "sit back, spam L1" simulator like in Souls.
There's barely any magic to talk about.
>The overall fluidity of controls is impressively better, not to mention all attacks flow extremely well together.
'Fluidity'. Nice buzzword.
>>
>>333304197
Bloodtinge and Arcane are absolute shit m8
>>
>>333304243
>Yeah, instead you have a super duper anime dash that consumes next to no stamina.
Yes, which makes the game faster.
It makes a requirement for fast reflexes and ability to read your opponents well.
I didn't even mention the changes to the backstabs system, so have fun trying to fault me on that.
>They're also less, and there's still some pretty similar ones like Saw Cleaver and Spear.
More isn't always better anon.
Quality>Quantity, always.
>Bosses being damage sponges isn't a good thing. There's also boss phases in DaS if you didn't know.
The only bosses who have phases in DaS are Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly, O&S, Pinwheel, BoC, Artorias has a buff, and finally Manus
Only 2 bosses from that list are actually great, not to mention some of the "phases" are just damage buffs, nothing more.
Bloodborne has different phases for every single boss in it, that dynamically changes their movesets, forms, weapons and even the nature of their boss arena. Not to mention bosses like Gehrman alone have like 5 different phases.
>There's barely any magic to talk about.
Yes there is, and all of them are perfectly viable, unlike in Souls where you have like 10 different soul arrows that nobody uses after the first 2 levels.
>'Fluidity'. Nice buzzword.
Excellent argument.
>>
>>333304402
No they aren't. Bloodletter fucking destroys, you can deal 1k damage with Evelyn, chikage was capable of huge damage output.
Arcane has kos parasite and milkweed now, and received a big buff to rape arm, it can do serious damage. Call Beyond is powerful in PvE, too. Arcane weapons are also great.
>>
>>333304402
>Bloodtinge is garbage
My 900 damage per R1 chikage and bloodletter say hello
My 1000+ gun damage says hello
My 1300+ damage utility spell says hello
>Arcane is absolute shit
My 900 damage per R1 HMLS says hello, along with all the other weapons that scale well with Arcane
My 3200+ damage ACB says hello
My 1500+ damage Execs Gaunts say hello

At least put some effort into your shitposting anon.
>>
>>333304243
>super slow animation that takes 1/4th of stamina is better than fast dashing that uses low stamina
I don't understand, do all DaS fans want to keep getting fucked in the ass?
>>
File: 1459017351798.png (515 KB, 680x639) Image search: [Google]
1459017351798.png
515 KB, 680x639
I'm excited for DAS3 but it still hurts knowing I can't play it at all because none of my friends own a PS4
>>
File: hodrick'ed.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hodrick'ed.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>tfw bloodborne was way, WAY more fun than ds3
>>
File: 1458913287133.jpg (43 KB, 398x960) Image search: [Google]
1458913287133.jpg
43 KB, 398x960
It's a really stellar game.

The sorest point is probably the multiplayer - the game was well-tuned to make for something different feeling from a Souls game, a real "horror action" game, and the formula was never going to make for interesting PVP. And with bosses being cripplable/staggerable, co-op is always a complete steamroll affair. It would have been nice if they had taken the resources they put into implementing the multiplayer and did something else with it instead.

It'd be nice if more people could play it because personally I think it blows all the Souls games out of the water. (I've cleared the japanese version of Dark Souls 3, for what it's worth...) But hey, you're always going to miss out on games, especially Japanese ones, if you don't have a current-gen console. Such is life.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 480x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 480x627
>>333290770
Thread should've ended here
>>
File: a.jpg (408 KB, 602x748) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
408 KB, 602x748
>>333290604
>>
What is frame pacing? Also I love Bloodborne. But anyone notice the fps drops often?
And is Rom supposed to be a really hard fight? Did it my first try...
>>
>>333298380
>two handing a weapon is build variety
Go home.
Minute differences in stat allocation does not a new build make. But then again this is almost always the same thread.

If you like fast, dps builds with ridiculously abusable parries, bloodbourne is great.
If you dont, its shit.
>>
>>333305041
>Yes, which makes the game faster.
And faster = better?
No.
>More isn't always better anon.
So I guess BB should only have one super good weapon?
There should always be a balance and the uniqueness of weapons in BB is severly overrated.
>Bloodborne has different phases for every single boss in it
And most are bad with a few being great like all Souls games. Your point?
>Yes there is, and all of them are perfectly viable, unlike in Souls where you have like 10 different soul arrows that nobody uses after the first 2 levels.
There's like 10 spells and most of them are trash. What are you even talking about?
>Excellent argument.
Spouting buzzwords isn't one to begin with.
>>
>>333306530
>And faster = better?
>No.
And you're implying slower is better?
Why?
Also, no.
>So I guess BB should only have one super good weapon?
How stupid is this?
I say something that makes sense and you immediately take it to the extreme.
>There should always be a balance and the uniqueness of weapons in BB is severly overrated.
And why is this? Every weapon except spear/cleaver and the sword forms of ludwigs/kirk are unique, unlike in Souls where you always have the best weapon in each class and theres no reason to use anything else.
>And most are bad with a few being great like all Souls games. Your point?
lol, right.
>There's like 10 spells and most of them are trash. What are you even talking about?
Every single spell in the game is viable, and if you think me doing 1500 or even 3000+ damage with the ARC spells in the game means they're trash, you're just downright stupid.
>Spouting buzzwords isn't one to begin with.
Explain how "fluidity" is a buzzword
Not to mention I explained why I used that word. The controls feel better and the animations flow a lot better with much smoother transitions compared to the other games.
>>
File: 1411741817469.png (60 KB, 161x219) Image search: [Google]
1411741817469.png
60 KB, 161x219
>30 weapons with completely unique movesets and animations, almost none of them playing like any of the others
>200 weapons with 15 or so groups that share all their moves/animations except for one or two gimmicks moves

Which one, /v/?
>>
>>333300894
this
>>
>>333307853
Quality is always better instead of quantity.

One of the many reasons why DaS2 sucked so much dick.
>>
File: Wed_Mar_30_12-25-41_CDT_2016.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wed_Mar_30_12-25-41_CDT_2016.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>333306530
not the guy you're arguing, with, but:

-yes, faster and more aggressive gameplay = better. shields offer nothing to any of the souls titles beyond the ability to lower the difficulty of the game; holding L1 and managing your stamina with havel's greatshield is trivially difficult.

-bloodborne has a few lackluster weapons (saw spear and cleaver are basically the same weapon, tonitrus' trick is fun, but doesn't require finding opportunities to re-trick the weapon often enough to make it meaningful, chikage's trick doesn't eat health quickly enough to make tricking it meaningful), but by and large, each weapon in bloodborne offers its own playstyle, and each has such a robust moveset, especially when considering transformation attacks, that each weapon in bloodborne is basically the same as carrying two or three weapons in a souls title

-most of bloodborne's bosses are really good, actually, especially some of the chalice bosses. there are definitely some stinkers (witch of hemwick, camerabeast paarl, bloodletting beast, one reborn to name a few) but by and large the quality is higher than even the bosses in DS3. vordt, greatwood, sage, deacons, wolnir, and the ancient wyvern are all AWFUL bosses that offer no difficulty whatsoever

-magic variety i'll grant you; while what spells there are are significantly more fun to use than most sorceries and miracles, there aren't very many of them, and some have limited utility

weapon arts are also pretty uniformly garbage; the farron greatsword, for example, is easily parried and opens the user to backstabs
>>
File: 1293757484298.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1293757484298.gif
2 MB, 400x226
There's one thing I think we can all agree on. Bamco is utter cancer and From being free of their bullshit can only lead to good.
>>
File: 1458923405742.png (478 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458923405742.png
478 KB, 600x600
>>333308629
>yfw sony buys from

PC PORTS NEVER
WE DID IT BROS
>>
>>333308629
This.
I'm hoping for more From+Sony collaboration, they made 2 of my favorite souls games.
>>
>>333308482
>-yes, faster and more aggressive gameplay = better. shields offer nothing to any of the souls titles beyond the ability to lower the difficulty of the game; holding L1 and managing your stamina with havel's greatshield is trivially difficult.
And dodging with anime tier dashes that require very few stamina is somehow very skilfull?
Get a grip.
>>
File: 1457753281621.png (2 MB, 1400x868) Image search: [Google]
1457753281621.png
2 MB, 1400x868
>>333309154
timing your dodges so that you're placed to the boss' right side while they two-hit on the left, and then dodging through the attack they follow with specifically to get you in that safe spot is considerably more skillful than blocking with a shield, yes. see abhorrent beast, and how many people choose to cheese it with poison rather than fight it melee because they can't deal with its patterns and aggression.
>>
>>333309154
>And dodging with anime tier dashes that require very few stamina is somehow very skilfull?
What the hell does skill have to do with how fast an animation is? It's not like From chose to make dodging faster because they wanted to set a lower skill ceiling
>>
Anyone wanna help me kill Rom?

Ringing by gate, pass is bbg
>>
Ohhhhhh boy it's one of these threads again
>>
Playing it right now. Lady Maria is kinda tough to fight after the shit show that was the Living Failures.
Pretty cool game
>>
>>333309154
Having to actually time your dodges through massive multihit combos requires more skill than just holding L1?
Yes. Definitely yes.
>>
I'd rather have werewolves and ayy lmaos than the same big armored dudes over and over again.
>>
>>333307517
>And you're implying slower is better?
I never implied that. You're the one that seems to think faster is somehow objectively better.
>I say something that makes sense and you immediately take it to the extreme.
It's almost like your argument was retarded in the first place.
>And why is this? Every weapon except spear/cleaver and the sword forms of ludwigs/kirk are unique, unlike in Souls where you always have the best weapon in each class and theres no reason to use anything else.
That's wrong. Every weapon class has different weapons with different movesets, like falchion/gold tracer or club/mace for example.
>lol, right.
Solid argument.
>Every single spell in the game is viable, and if you think me doing 1500 or even 3000+ damage with the ARC spells in the game means they're trash, you're just downright stupid.
List them all and explain how they are all viable please.
>Explain how "fluidity" is a buzzword
Because it's devoid of meaning in this context and you're using because you have a personal bias.
>>
>>333309536
>>333309879
>there's only shield builds in Dark Souls
Holy shit, what?

>>333309753
You have more and i-frames AND it consumes less stamina. It's much easier to dodge in BB than in DaS. How is does that require more skill?
>>
When will people be able to move on, its been a year already.
>>
>>333310260
>It's much easier to dodge in BB than in DaS.
But you can't save yourself with a shield and parrying with a gun has very different timings and doesn't work every time
>>
>>333310386
NEVER EVER
>>
>>333302681
rolls arent limited to 4 directions in dark souls 2 or 3
>>
File: 1455216002777.jpg (22 KB, 426x333) Image search: [Google]
1455216002777.jpg
22 KB, 426x333
>>333290604
Souls thread quality is always determined by the first post. If the first post is made by a cocksucking faggot in between chocking down refugee semen, going to starbucks, and voting for Bernie Sanders like OP here the thread is as high quality as you are currently observing.

If the OP post has something to actually do with the game and doesn't contain an autistic tumorous variety of wojak it's generally a nice thread.

This applies to every game in the series, not just Bloodborne so any time you see a thread like this know that beyond this point there is no actual discussion.
>>
>>333310680
Parrying is literally risk free because of the distance and can be abused to hell and back. What's even your argument here?
>>
>>333310041
>I never implied that. You're the one that seems to think faster is somehow objectively better.
The game being faster expects better reflexes and abilities to handle multiple opponents. The game gives you the tools to push it to really fast speeds.
>It's almost like your argument was retarded in the first place.
What, that quality is better than quantity?
Please explain how thats stupid.
I bet you liked DaS2 as well.
>That's wrong. Every weapon class has different weapons with different movesets, like falchion/gold tracer or club/mace for example.
Falchion is the best of those two because it can be buffed, club or mace are both inferior to the reinforced club.
>Solid argument
All you're doing is saying "the bosses are shit lol" or "your arguments are all retarded anyway lol"
>List them all and explain how they are all viable please.
What are you, a fucking baby?
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunter+Tools
There you go.
If you haven't played the game and actually seen how good they are, you have no place saying anything about them. Just stop trying and admit you were merely pretending.
>Because it's devoid of meaning in this context and you're using because you have a personal bias.
What fucking bias? That I prefer something, maybe because its better in a lot of ways?
Nice of you to skip over that added piece of reasoning I wrote too, real clever.
>>
File: souls and memes.jpg (512 KB, 1408x1318) Image search: [Google]
souls and memes.jpg
512 KB, 1408x1318
>>333290604

>Why is this game so praised again?

sony(tm) marketing(tm)

bloodboner was actually boring
very boring
>>
>>333310754
No, but in 2 you were always facing the direction of your roll, meaning your roll attacks went fucking haywire if you tried to attack another direction other than the direction you were going in.

Is 3 rolling like BB? Because if yes, thank fucking god.
>>
If I'm only somewhat interested in this game despite loving all of the Souls games (DaS2 included), should I bother with the DLC?
I just got to Micolash, and I know the end is maybe 2 hours of gameplay away.

I don't enjoy the boss fights much at all, either I beat it in one try (Vicar Amelia, Shadows of Yharnam, Gascoigne, One Reborn, Hemwick) or I take a billion tries (BSB, Paarl, Logarias who I still haven't beaten).
There is no fun middleground.

I love exploration in this series, even if it's in linear areas like Shrine of Amana and so forth.
But with Bloodborne, the only time I felt the majesty and mystery of a new universe was when I was kidnapped and taken to Yahargul, or when I went through Hemwick Charnel Lane or whatever it's called.
Other areas like Nightmare Frontier and Old Yharnam were just a snoozefest.

What I'm asking is, are the areas in The Old Hunters fun, and are the bosses hard-yet-fair?
That's the only time I really enjoy this game.

I have only fired my gun maybe 10 times ever, if that means anything.
>>
>>333310965
>Parrying is literally risk free because of the distance
Bullshit
>>
Problems with Bloodborne

Bells are bad compared to summon signs
Invade system is barely functional
No covenants of any real significance
Chalice dungeons instead of a bigger main game
>>
>>333311261
The DLC is amazing, yes.
I mean, if you have a problem with the game mechanics itself, it wont save you.

The bosses are the best in the series though, and the weapons are ridiculously fun.
>>
It's ok OP I didn't like BB that much either.
>>
>>333310965
But there's an effective range for gun parries, and the majority of enemies quickly close the gap by dashing at you or jumping. So no, it's not risk free. I'm pretty sure you take counter damage if you get hit during a gunshot, too. As opposed to the partial parry reduced damage with shield parries. Both have easy openings, but gun parry timing is stricter slightly.
I don't like gun parries, though. At the very least bosses shouldn't be parried, but just have weak point targeting.
>>
File: 1455461613298.jpg (56 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
1455461613298.jpg
56 KB, 313x254
>>333311483
I agree with this.

The online is even worse than the previous games.

>Can only invade someone who has summoned help or is in the Nightmare
>Host can just kill the bell maiden anyway so you can't invade
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 769x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 769x820
>tfw you like all the souls games despite their differences

Why can't we all just get along?
>>
>>333311028
>The game being faster expects better reflexes and abilities to handle multiple opponents. The game gives you the tools to push it to really fast speeds.
see >>333310260
>What, that quality is better than quantity?
A balance must exist. Saying a game with two really great weapons is better than a game with 10 good weapons is a full retard argument.
>Falchion is the best of those two because it can be buffed
Gold tracer is literally one of the best weapons in the game because of the bleed, so is the Falchion.
>club or mace are both inferior to the reinforced club.
It's a matter of preference seeing as they have different movesets.
>What are you, a fucking baby?
You seem like one. I still fail to see how every spell is viable besides the ones that do high damage.
>What fucking bias? That I prefer something, maybe because its better in a lot of ways?
Your opinions aren't facts.
>>
>>333305775
and you understood that from a single gif? fuck off
>>
>>333310680
You don't need a shield when your rolls consume no stamina and have iframes out the ass.
>>
>>333294816
only two ripped of berserk, how did any of the other ones copy berserk?
Because legit DS 2 ripped of berserk
>>
>>333311675
I know there's a range but it's much more devoid of risk than melee parries. You fail a parry in BB you just step back and try again, you fail a parry in DaS and you can get a significant amount of your health taken away. Parries in BB should have been better balanced, they're far too good for the few risk they impose.
>>
>>333311261
Stop playing it like it's a Souls game. You may or may not like it more, but dash around like a super hero, make use of entire movesets like backstep attacks, transform attacks and such, learn space controlling, boss weaknesses make a big difference when you target weak points, changing equipment for defenses that fit the situation is wise.
Sometimes rolling is better than dashing. You'll usually have items in your inventory that prove useful. I think all the bosses are fair, aside from one DLC boss, when you learn the BB playstyles. Treat it like a character action game, I guess.

If you don't like the level linearity, DaS3 will likely disappoint you.
>>
File: 1255221149444.png (191 KB, 550x439) Image search: [Google]
1255221149444.png
191 KB, 550x439
>>333311935
Same. I don't get console fanboyism.
>>
>>333305775
>attacks on summon
I mean, yeah it was a mound maker and a threat, but still a dick move
He deserved it

Also I thought moundmakers spawned at invasion points, do they spawn at the summon sign?
>>
>>333291374
yo how'd you upgrade your website past +10
>>
>>333312379
>m-muh honor
Kill yourself.
>>
>>333312343
DaS 3 has linear progression but the levels are really open with a ton of shit in them.
>>
>>333302190

>Dark Souls.
>Half the weapons have awful movesets. So much that "good" weapons have 1-2 good moves and even useless stances. Many weapons have no good moves.
>BS spam propped up by DWGR/Poise.
>Poise invalidates small weapons, or makes the optimal way of playing them to spam attacks with enchants.
>Poise completely ignores the principles of what made Demon's Souls great: spacing and timing. Small weapons have zero strategy, while medium weapons (Kat/falchion) focus on quickly fleurying R1 mash for monster damage.
>Rollstab/DWGR invalidates slow weapons.
>Infinites up the ass.
>Ranged invalidates PVE.
>Shields invalidate PVE.
>You stagger and suffer longer recovery when you miss with numerous weapons.
>Weapons don't share speed within a class meaning some have combos others don't (making those weapons useless of course).
>Flourish multi-hit R2s that don't combo, almost mysteriously.
>Weapons themselves have zero gimmicks (unlike Boomhammer, Parasite, Claws, Stake, etc).
>Catalysts are strictly worse then BB's beltcasting.
>No instant stance swap while attacking.
>Kick is pointless. Literally worse then DeS/DkS2/DkS3... And even BB (which didn't have a kick input, but it least it didn't fuck up advancing R1s throwing out a move that did nothing).

There's a lot more in me, but those are the basics why Dark Souls is strictly worse then DeS/BB and probably DkS3 in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>333305775
>spam r1 like a retard
>surprised to be parried
is this bait?
>>
>>333311953
>You have more and i-frames AND it consumes less stamina. It's much easier to dodge in BB than in DaS. How is does that require more skill?
Because bosses and enemies have far larger combos, larger damage, you don't have shields, highly exploitable criticals or magic.
Counter hits are amped up more than ever and can result in one shots even if you have high VIT
>A balance must exist. Saying a game with two really great weapons is better than a game with 10 good weapons is a full retard argument.
But I'm not saying that.
I'm saying a game with 25+ awesome unique weapons with far larger movesets and combos is better than a game with 80+ weapons with samey movesets, small differences and no great combo-ability.
>Gold tracer is literally one of the best weapons in the game because of the bleed, so is the Falchion.
It doesn't even matter with the damage of a buffed falchion.
It takes longer for an enemy to bleed out than it takes it to die via a buffed falchion.
Last time I played the game I killed Kalameet and Manus in 20 seconds because the damage is just so high. You can't do that with the Gold tracer.
>It's a matter of preference seeing as they have different movesets.
Why sacrifice damage if both of those have very small differences in the moves anyway?
>You seem like one. I still fail to see how every spell is viable besides the ones that do high damage.
Because you've never tried them, thats why you don't understand why they're all viable. I'm not going to spoon feed you shit that I already linked you.
>Your opinions aren't facts.
And yet, I'm making better arguments and factual statements supporting my opinions than you ever have in this whole conversation.
>>
File: 1414788869665.jpg (79 KB, 820x535) Image search: [Google]
1414788869665.jpg
79 KB, 820x535
>>333311483
Pretty much agree with this, but there's another major problem with Bloodborne, and well, pretty much all souls games.

There are just far too many bosses in the game that are incredibly easy once you understand the base mechanics of the game. I'm not asking for every boss to be One-Shot McGee with over a million HP but it would be nice if FROM put more work into their boss fights. They put gimmick bossfights in DSII and Bloodborne that you never get to experience because you kill the boss too quickly or sometimes the boss is just boring after you've fought it and seen its general four or five moves. I mean, not every fucking boss fight has to be a pure test of combat, there are plenty of others way to make a boss interesting.
>>
File: tumblr_m5wbkkPaAQ1rqdw1e.png (10 KB, 448x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5wbkkPaAQ1rqdw1e.png
10 KB, 448x360
>i paid 500 dollars just for BB so it has to be the best
>>
>>333312343
>Treat it like a character action game, I guess.
This is exactly why so many people say it's worse than DaS, there's not much room for diversity and it's less punishing even by the directors own admittance.
>>
File: N0dq6ed.jpg (76 KB, 474x221) Image search: [Google]
N0dq6ed.jpg
76 KB, 474x221
>>333312258

Even BB had berserk influence. the cover to the artiorias DLC from DS1 was a nod to berserk, as was the blacksmith, if you had read the manga you would see countless references throughout the souls series
>>
>>333290604
at least it has the greatest final boss fight ever
>>
>>333312308
I can't think of much outside of the lower level enemies, like average Yharnamites of werewolves, that don't close the gap quickly and hit you through a poor parry attempt, not unless you abuse the shit AI. But then that's like comparing their backstabs, where Bloodborne's has more risk. I think parry spamming in Bloodborne is like parry spamming with the parry dagger or shotel, and it's fucking lame.
I agree a bad parry should have a harsher backlash, but that might just be because I hate people that rely on parries. They're not difficult to pull off in any of the games, they need to be riskier to counter that.
>>
File: bloodborne-stats-guide.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne-stats-guide.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1080
I DON'T WANT A DOZEN STATS

I DON'T WANT TO MAX AND MIN

I DON'T WANT TO CONSTANTLY WORRY ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT I'M FUCKING UP MY STATS

I went through that in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. I don't need it again. In Bloodborne, all you need are

>VIT
>END
>STR or SKL
>add BLT or ARC for special builds

That's it. Four stats max. In Dark Souls III, you need almost every stat, regardless of build. Fuck that.

FUCK THAT
>>
>>333312457
I want to refute you, I really do
But I honestly cannot justify honor, at least in this situation because moundmakers ARE dangerous

If someone bows or waves to you and you take advantage of it, that's just rude
You wouldn't like it if you went to shake someone's hand and they kneed you in the face, would you anon?

>Inb4 this isn't real life
Yeah, that's true
Do whatever you want, but don't pretend you aren't being a cunt
Embrace it
Raise the cunt flag
Use a meme build while you're at it
I believe in you!
>>
>>333312568
>Ranged invalidates PVE.
>Shields invalidate PVE.
Wow, you're really reaching here.
>>
>>333312308

Parries are just as dangerous in BB, as enemies often have unparryable lunges that fuck you up badly.
>>
>>333307853
top one if it were true, which it isn't, so bottom one
>>
>>333312881
I don't agree with it having less diversity, but yeah, it's not as punishing. I don't particularly think that makes it easier, though. Some people struggle more with it even after having an easy time with Souls, and vice versa.
>>
>>333313112
Yup, BB fans just want a dumb action game with no diversity that railroads you into a single playstyle.
>>
>>333313112
>gems completely kill this point

Simple stats is nice and all, but you still have to min max like nutts and grind chalice dungeons or else you'll get pooped on in pvp
>>
>>333312785
I paid 430 for Bloodborne and its the best because its the best.
If it was shit I would have returned it and got something instead

Fuck right off.
>>
>>333313248

they are barely dangerous, and certainly not just as dangerous.

A couple of enemies with moves which can't be parried means you don't try parry that move, and if you miss a parry you generally aren't punished, in DS you get punished every time you miss. No idea how that means "just as dangerous" to anybody.
>>
File: 1373549372921.png (247 KB, 349x401) Image search: [Google]
1373549372921.png
247 KB, 349x401
>>333313297
>which it isn't
>>
>>333313180

>What is hyperbole.

I'm reaching because you can't critically think? These are objective truths.
>>
>>333312712
>Because bosses and enemies have far larger combos, larger damage, you don't have shields, highly exploitable criticals or magic.
And you can parry half of them, holy shit.
>I'm saying a game with 25+ awesome unique weapons with far larger movesets and combos is better than a game with 80+ weapons with samey movesets, small differences and no great combo-ability.
Yeah they're all fucking great. Truth is only a hanful is really good and there's no point in using the other.
>It doesn't even matter with the damage of a buffed falchion.
Wasn't talking about PVE but whatever.
If you're talking about PVE literally every weapon is viable, like BB.
>Because you've never tried them, thats why you don't understand why they're all viable. I'm not going to spoon feed you shit that I already linked you.
Really nice argument here. You still failed to say anything of value.
>And yet, I'm making better arguments and factual statements supporting my opinions than you ever have in this whole conversation.
Sure thing mate. I'm really seeing your 10/10 rhetoric in action.
>>
>>333313387
Yep, PCucks talk shit about the game because they'll never get to play it.
>>
File: 1430840409437s.jpg (9 KB, 250x223) Image search: [Google]
1430840409437s.jpg
9 KB, 250x223
>>333313485
yeah totally not buyer bias, if it was multiplat then suddenly it wouldn't be anything special anymore, you sonyponies are pathetic
>>
>>333313507
anime fags should be gassed
>>
>>333313378
There's less diversity, there no arguing against that when its objectively measurable.

BB is great, only reason to own a PS4, I'm just so sick of fanboys not only claiming it's got more diversity than DaS but also praise a lack of variety as if it being a concious design decision makes it any less restrictive or doesn't hamper the games replay value. BB is just DaS for people who want a faster action game instead of an action-RPG with a little more depth.
>>
>>333312568
>>Poise completely ignores the principles of what made Demon's Souls great: spacing and timing. Small weapons have zero strategy, while medium weapons (Kat/falchion) focus on quickly fleurying R1 mash for monster damage.
Yeah, playing the game mashing R1 will sure get you far.
All your arguments are stupid nitpicks or opinions that make no fucking sense.
>>
>rips off Lovecraft

Do you mean was inspired by? How does it "rip off" Lovecraft?
>>
>>333313112
>the Bloodborne audience
Take away the RPG elements and you have a shitty action game when compared to the likes of DMC or Bayo.
>>
File: 1266376183303.gif (233 KB, 210x224) Image search: [Google]
1266376183303.gif
233 KB, 210x224
>>333313690
Stay mad.
>>
>>333313569
>And you can parry half of them, holy shit.
No you can't, lol.
Where are you getting these fucking numbers from?
Even if you parried each boss to death (which is impossible since most of the bosses cant be parried), you still need to land well over 10+ viscerals becuase of the high health that the bosses have.
Might as well mention magic in Dark Souls while were at it, where you don't even need to time anything to one shot bosses.
>Yeah they're all fucking great. Truth is only a hanful is really good and there's no point in using the other.
Name one weapon in BB thats not worth using because it has some inescapable flaw.
>Wasn't talking about PVE but whatever.
Why would you want a high bleed weapon for PVP? Nobody whos even a tiny bit good at it will never get bled out. A buffed falchion will kill any opponent before he bleeds out anyway, so your point is null.
>If you're talking about PVE literally every weapon is viable, like BB.
Sure.
>Really nice argument here. You still failed to say anything of value.
What do you fucking want me to say?
That execs gaunts do well over 1.5k damage? That ACB can do over 3k? That beast roar is great for crowd control or knocking humanoids off their feet? That Augur is great for backstabs and tight places? That the projectiles added in the DLC are a great addition in both PVE and PVP?
What?
If you haven't tried them yourself, you have no place saying they aren't viable or good. Fuck off.
>Sure thing mate. I'm really seeing your 10/10 rhetoric in action.
And I'm not seeing yours.
>>
>>333314121
you're still a faggot
>>
File: Mon_Apr_4_13-14-26_CDT_2016.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mon_Apr_4_13-14-26_CDT_2016.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>333312046
i made that, actually, on my second playthrough.

enjoyed bloodborne way more
>>
>>333313715
I still don't agree, because there's a lot going on with weapon forms, gems and runes that aren't part of the skills you level. There's depth there that's essentially optional, because it means enduring the garbage chalices to explore it fully.
I don't think it has more, it may very well have a little less, but there's a quality difference there that makes up for it.
>>
>>333300894
Maria fight sucked. Hard.

Was easier than the multiple hunter non-boss fight in the hidden village.
>>
>>333313845
Not that anon, but mashing R1 is a completely valid strategy, thats what I did last time I played the game, and killed the "hardest bosses" under 20 seconds.
>>
>>333313504

Half the time you parry in Dark Souls even if you miss you partial and guard it anyways, and you get a free rollout. If there are situations where you can't do that you "don't try to parry that move."

Also you can hold block after a whiff parry and almost always block any follow up aside from stuff like NPCs.

Parrying in Dark Souls isn't really risky. On top of that it's almost never the best way to beat enemies. Compare this to something like Madman where parrying him is probably less dangerous than slugging with him, but he himself is still extremely risky to parry. There's not really anything like this in Dark Souls.
>>
File: Wed_Mar_30_12-24-46_CDT_2016.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wed_Mar_30_12-24-46_CDT_2016.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>333312379
didn't see your reply, he's actually an npc summon

>>333312672
it was more meant to be about getting one-shot; the npcs are more OP than ever
>>
File: image.png (46 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46 KB, 920x900
You forgot one

>no PC release
>>
>>333313642
Dark Souls was special to me, and I played it on 360.
It was one of my favorite games before BB came out, and it wasn't because of its status on different platforms. I just thought it was a good game.

Calm down with the projecting meme-man.
>>
>>333314424
>mound maker NPCs
neat
but AI has feelings too, anon
</sarcasm>
>>
>>333314362
My dad works at Fromsoft and he told me you're full of shit
>>
>>333301989
Was not expecting a Necrodancer gif...
>>
>>333314664
My dad is dead, I win.
>>
>>333313845

The most common strat with DkS falchion is mashing R1 with enchants.

Compare this to kilij in DeS:
>F+R1 both stances can't be and prevents BS.
>3-hit combo off running.

There's not much going on under the hood, but there's a lot more than DkS falchion.

You can cry and say nitpicks, but everything getting shit on by BS, everyone mashing R1 even in PvP, and poise making the game a joke are all quite real. Present a point and don't speak to your superiors in such a way.
>>
>>333313845

They all make perfect sense. Go on cuck, make your case and prove him wrong.
>>
File: shockedhana.png (26 KB, 157x123) Image search: [Google]
shockedhana.png
26 KB, 157x123
>>333308482
>shields offer nothing to any of the souls titles beyond the ability to lower the difficulty of the game

holy shit, dude
so what you're trying to say is
avoiding damage makes the game easier?
>>
>>333314141
>No you can't, lol.
The ones that can't be parried can be staggered and viscerals used against them.
>Name one weapon in BB thats not worth using because it has some inescapable flaw.
Name one weapon that isn't viable in Dark Souls PVE. You can literally finish the game with you bare fists.
>Why would you want a high bleed weapon for PVP? Nobody whos even a tiny bit good at it will never get bled out. A buffed falchion will kill any opponent before he bleeds out anyway, so your point is null.
I don't you ever used the gold tracer. The bleed build up is insane and borderline OP.
>That execs gaunts do well over 1.5k damage? That ACB can do over 3k? That beast roar is great for crowd control or knocking humanoids off their feet? That Augur is great for backstabs and tight places? That the projectiles added in the DLC are a great addition in both PVE and PVP?
That's all? I don't think that's all the spells mate.
>>
>>333298052
le git gud faggot
>>
>>333315143

Gold Tracer is not OP, please fuck off with your memes.
>>
>>333314894
>less movesets
>utterly OP shit like Second Chance
>almost unlimited grass chugging
>poorly implemented shit like world tendency
>stone grinding
>floaty animations
DeS sure has better gameplay :^)
>>
>>333315143
>The ones that can't be parried can be staggered and viscerals used against them.
Yes, once or twice at most, you can't stagger and visceral endlessly.
You're actually just proving that BB bosses are better by saying this, you know that right? Limb damage, multiple hitboxes on separate limbs, different limb break points, etc, all exist in BB while they don't in Souls.
>Name one weapon that isn't viable in Dark Souls PVE. You can literally finish the game with you bare fists.
I asked a question fucknugget, answer it.
I said that all the weapons in DaS are viable, even if some of them are utter garbage. I'm fucking agreeing with you on that.
Answer my question.
>I don't you ever used the gold tracer. The bleed build up is insane and borderline OP.
I played the game for over 1500 hours. I used every weapon as much as you can imagine. A buffed falchion will always win a gold tracer not only because of the damage but because of the fact that you can stack bleed resistance to counter the tracer.
>That's all? I don't think that's all the spells mate.
Read the rest of the post you lazy fucking shit.
You claimed that the spells in BB weren't viable or good way back in the conversation. You have no place making statements like that if you're this blatantly ignorant of the facts.
>>
File: mgs_classic_snake.jpg (71 KB, 530x291) Image search: [Google]
mgs_classic_snake.jpg
71 KB, 530x291
>>333314019
>M-MUH STATS
The strong man doesn't need stats to give him victory; he makes his own.
>>
>>333315513
I already addressed why DkS is inferior. It competes with DkS2 as the worst in the series.
>>333315513

WT was stupid, but that's not directly gameplay.
>Misremembering.
Dark Souls had plenty of stone grinding until AotA. I'm fact slabs were basically the same as pure bladestone and you needed them for armor too. It was worse for 6 months.
Dark Souls was floaty as fuck too. All the smaller weapons were spammy and floaty. Some weapons felt literally retarded (polearms for example made you stagger like a retard when you missed).
PvP also had unlimited grass with blessings and humanity.

Try again.
>>
File: 1450636704086.gif (554 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1450636704086.gif
554 KB, 160x160
>>333290770
this
>>
>>333315513

>Dark Souls.
>More Movesets™
>With zero usable moves and the most boring metagame in history.
>>
>>333315776
dork sould does have limb damage
>>
>>333290604
equip load a shit.

pvp is always trash.
>>
>>333290604
it is literally the only game on the PS4
>>
File: 23hofvljpg.gif (4 KB, 234x182) Image search: [Google]
23hofvljpg.gif
4 KB, 234x182
>>333290604
Because rabid underage FROM/Sony fanbase and memes.

/thread
>>
File: 1453322957333.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1453322957333.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>333290604
>lists only positives about a game
>wonders why people like it
>>
>>333290770
/thread
>>
>>333316790
In very select boss fights like the Centipede Demon, sure.
Not anywhere near the capacity of Bloodborne though

Breaking limbs can even change the bosses moveset in BB, like Laurence with his stumbling around
>>
>>333312308
Almost everything especially bosses have gap closers that can punish this. But it is easier to parry in BB since you can spam your bullets till one connects on most humanoid creatures.
>>
>>333315776
>You're actually just proving that BB bosses are better by saying this, you know that right? Limb damage, multiple hitboxes on separate limbs, different limb break points, etc, all exist in BB while they don't in Souls.
There's limb damage in DeS an DaS you retard. You can cut tails, attack legs, depending on the boss.
>I asked a question fucknugget, answer it.
The point is that every weapon is viable is Souls as is in Bloodborne. Why would you use Saw Cleaver over Saw Spear or vice versa by the way?
>I played the game for over 1500 hours. I used every weapon as much as you can imagine. A buffed falchion will always win a gold tracer not only because of the damage but because of the fact that you can stack bleed resistance to counter the tracer.
No one stacks fucking bleed resistance for the gold tracer. They have different movesets and one isn't objectively better than the other. You're a retard.
>You claimed that the spells in BB weren't viable or good way back in the conversation. You have no place making statements like that if you're this blatantly ignorant of the facts.
Most of them are shit. It's a pretty piss poor magic system and you have to be delusional if you think it amounts to the same as Souls.
>>
BB is probably my favorite. Really like the setting and speed.
>>
>>333316534
>I already addressed why DkS is inferior. It competes with DkS2 as the worst in the series.
You mean your retarded nitpicks and hot opinions?
>WT was stupid, but that's not directly gameplay.
It's objectively tied to gameplay.
>>Misremembering.
Why the fuck would I judge a game not basing myself on the final patches?
Suppose I should judge Bloodborned based on it's many bugs and shitty load times that it had on release?
>>
>>333316682
Nice meme.
>>
>>333317514
>There's limb damage in DeS an DaS you retard. You can cut tails, attack legs, depending on the boss.
See>>333317239
>The point is that every weapon is viable is Souls as is in Bloodborne. Why would you use Saw Cleaver over Saw Spear or vice versa by the way?
Saw Cleaver is better for quality builds, Spear is better for SKL builds, not to mention it has a different moveset in tricked mode.
>No one stacks fucking bleed resistance for the gold tracer. They have different movesets and one isn't objectively better than the other. You're a retard.
Literally the only move worth using for both of those weapons are the basic R1 and rolling R1.
The R2s are worthless in PVP or PVE.
>No one stacks fucking bleed resistance for the gold tracer.
No, but it is a possibility, considering how some armor combinations can have high resistances for it anyway.
>Most of them are shit. It's a pretty piss poor magic system and you have to be delusional if you think it amounts to the same as Souls.
>Most of them are shit
Explain which ones and why.
>piss poor magic system
The first magic system to actually be balanced in a Souls game, compared to the ever so overpowered magic in previous games.
>>
So from this thread I have realised Dark Souls fanboys are more annoying than Bloodborne's and Demon's fanbase.
I'm sure you'd all come together if I told you all the games were shit though.
>>
>>333318023
>Saw Cleaver is better for quality builds, Spear is better for SKL builds, not to mention it has a different moveset in tricked mode.
The movesets are very similar I'm pretty sure the scaling is too.
>Literally the only move worth using for both of those weapons are the basic R1 and rolling R1.
And they are different. Your point?
>No, but it is a possibility, considering how some armor combinations can have high resistances for it anyway.
We're basing ourselves in possibilities now?
>Explain which ones and why.
They may do decent damage. But the thing with arcane builds is that the items you need aren't available until a later portion of the game. The first elemental blood gem you get is after BSB and arcane is useless until that point, and you're stuck with fire damage. Then when you finally get decent spells like Ebrietas you're almost finished with the game.
Shit like Accursed Brew and Tonitrus are pratically useless.
>The first magic system to actually be balanced in a Souls game, compared to the ever so overpowered magic in previous games.
If by balanced you mean getting chopped in half, I guess.
>>
>>333319323
Nah, that wouldn't happen.
I would personally say that only DaS2 is flat out horrible.

The majority would still insist on DaS being the best. DeS is forgotten for the most part and BB while having fans is completely overthrown by the number of DaS fans.
>>
>>333319647
>The movesets are very similar I'm pretty sure the scaling is too.
Spear is D/C and Cleaver is C/D
Cleaver gets more bonus for STR though, so its better overall for quality. Spear is better for SKL since it has better scaling.
Sure, both work, but they are superior in different situations.
>And they are different. Your point?
The R1s are the same spammy swipes though.
>We're basing ourselves in possibilities now?
You're basing your whole tracer argument over the possibility that you can actually get your opponent to bleed out - which 90% of the time doesnt happen because its so easy to avoid.
>But the thing with arcane builds is that the items you need aren't available until a later portion of the game
Why is this a bad thing? You still have NG+s, PVP, chalices, and so on.
>Shit like Accursed Brew and Tonitrus are pratically useless.
Accursed Brew has a nice splash so its good for dealing with packs
Tonitrus passes through opponents so its really good for tight places and packs as well.
>If by balanced you mean getting chopped in half, I guess.
Not really.
If you want, you can stack bullets and keep on firing spells, but their damage isn't too overpowered or too small. They're a nice addition, not an overpowering tool of destruction.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.