[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finished this game a couple of days ago. this game is GOTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hld.jpg (349 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
hld.jpg
349 KB, 1536x1152
Finished this game a couple of days ago.

this game is GOTY
>>
Also, a shameless plug of my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRwF70NyIeU
>>
>>333282158
GOTY? i dunno. an artistic masterpiece? most certainly.
>>
>>333282158
Not GOTY, but really addictive if you're into completing the game. Good combat system, and some nice ideas in level design, but the number of things they promised and eventually didn't deliver doesn't speak in the game's favor.
>>
File: truely GOTY.png (378 KB, 1401x813) Image search: [Google]
truely GOTY.png
378 KB, 1401x813
>GOTY

Too short
Sad ending without any pull from the other characters
No benefit from 100%ing the game
alternate costumes are just different colored capes
frame drops and skips in a game that relies on timing
the map is useless and poorly designed
bland OST composed of nothing but ambient noises
have to literally run up against walls to find hidden areas needed to progress

After 5 years of development this game should have had twice the content it had, but they decided to spend so much time on the atmosphere despite it still falling short to pull at the imagination. Any time a giant shows up, it's interesting but after that you wonder why areas are so empty with not enough enemies, while others are so jam packed with them the frame rate drops.
>>
it's pretty good but not GOTY

>shonky controls
>lol 800 dash "challenge"
>combat never really steps it up as you progress
>>
>>333282578
>alternate costumes are just different colored capes
Nah, they have some gameplay bonus. For example if you equip an item from the set you find in the dash challenge area, your stamina doesn't go down as quikly.

>have to literally run up against walls to find hidden areas needed to progress
I actually think that in most cases, it's pretty alright. Most of the times when I found a secret room it was shown by a marked spot. But there's definitely wall-hugging, particularly evident with the invisibles platforms you have to stand very near to so your robot can signal them.
>>
>>333282796
>lol 800 dash "challenge"
Man, I busted my fingers on that one, tried it for hours.

Then someone suggested unplugging the controller and going at it with keyboard and mouse and it was done in the fourth try.
>>
>>333282891
The area where hidden areas became the most annoying was the crystal forest. So many fucking areas where hidden in the trees with no markers.

You had to hug against every tree you saw, and even one section is hiding a triangle piece needed for the door.

This shit could have been avoided if the map was better. How about a shop that upgrades your map with hidden area locations? You could do anything within that realm. Even LoZ allowed you to mark hidden areas on your map as you got to a certain point in the game.
>>
>>333283214
Yeah, the map is ass. The underground one especially.
>>
>>333283048
basically you either bust your spacebar or you use a script to spam space, and abuse the KB+M controls (instead of the controller setup)

Nobody is going to find that shit fun.
>>
>>333283581
Just change the settings the keys you want to sacrifice mate.
>>
>>333283685
>stabbing my dick with this knife hurts
>here, use this fork instead
>>
>>333282578
The surplus dosh went to the dev's heart surgery fund, by the way. Not having free health care must be a bitch, huh?
>>
>>333283934
That's why it's a challenge and in no way impact the story, I guess.
>>
>>333284413
I'm gonna say that's a lie but if it's not I'll believe it. I just know they delayed the game for almost 2 years because they didn't like the current design. Which is fine, but the game is seriously lacking some meat behind it. I wouldn't mind if they added 4 more bosses and increased the sale price to 40 instead of 20, it just needed more to do. You have a solid combat structure and not enough to actually use it on. By the time you git gud, the game is over.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.