[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Size
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 135985_front.jpg (398 KB, 1595x2020) Image search: [Google]
135985_front.jpg
398 KB, 1595x2020
Why are games getting shorter and smaller?
>>
So the average consumer actually finishes them, therefore less wasted effort from AAA devs
>>
>>333281149
TFU2 was axed by LucasArts year earlier than the devs wanted, there even was an interview where the dev shittalks LucasArts for not giving them 1 more year to make the game bigger in content and longer in general.
>>
why are men
>>
>>333281149
>STARRATS
>>
Since apparently gamers think graphics are one of the most important parts of the game (because of progress!), the need for more polished graphics bloats the size of games to the point where sometimes it can't fit on one disc (if consoles are in mind) and as such developers have to decrease the game's length or tone down gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>333281149
Casual console games are. PC has a bunch of open ended games that people put thousands of hours into
>>
>>333281635
That doesn't apply to TFU2.
That game is actually considerably smaller in filesize than TFU1 despite being a tad better in graphics.
TFU2 was literally just butchered by LucasArts, same how they butchered KotOR2 CUZ GOTTA GET DEM HOLIDAY SEASON EARLY BUX
>>
>>333281149
They aren't?
>>
>shorter and smaller
>star citizen over 60 GB and only in alpha, including several hours of story and entire multiplayer universe to play in

The perfect game, made by the perfect man. Join us, for we will rise and conquer.
>>
>>333281635
>the need for more polished graphics bloats the size of games to the point where sometimes it can't fit on one disc

>Witcher 3 - 20gb
>Max Payne 3 - 33gb
>>
Because games are apparently "too long" for modern players

I don't get it either, it would've been a legit complaint if we still used cartridges without a save function
>>
>>333281635
Dude, what?

You can make heaps of shitty retarded games last for fucking ever.

It isn't an indication of quality you faggot.
>>
>>333282358
Well, they are too long. Long ass periods of boring tedious shit.

I want to go back to when you had to start the entire game again when you died. Those were the days. Imagine a game like Ninja Gaiden, except compressed to like 20 mins, but you had to start at the beginning every time? Goddamn, that would be paradise.
>>
>>333282626
Go play Super Meat Boy and fuck off with your awful opinion
>>
>>333282992
But Super Meat Boy is totally the opposite of what I want. I don't want a fucking garbage looking piece of shit with checkpoints everywhere between micro levels.
>>
>>333282992
>reading is hard
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.