[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just had to cheese this fucker and all his adds. Can someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
I just had to cheese this fucker and all his adds. Can someone remind me how this game is meant to be easier than Dark Souls? I've beaten dark souls sl1, and all kinds of shit.

The only thing that makes this easier is the saving whenever you want.
>>
and the ability to freeze time and heal infinitely?
>>
>>333280387
what lame bait
>>
For one, it's easy to get 80% reduced physical damage and 90% reduced magic damage. So you can become essentially invulnerable in Skyrim.
>>
>>333280387
I remember this. i ran up to and just bashed it with my mace while chugging down hp pots no prob
>>
Most people played TES on medium difficulity and never touched hard let alone legendary.
>>
the mechanics are so shitty in skyrim that difficulty isn't even a useful concept. I tried a game on the hardest difficulty, and stronger enemies would just trigger scripted kill animations against me at full health before I could do anything. That's not difficulty, it's just a broken system. The best you can say is that the game is focused more on your character sheet than on player skill, but as >>333280504 says, the mechanics are imbalanced and easily abused. With a little grinding you can easily make an invincible character.
>>
>>333280387
You spin me right round baby right round click and hold the left mouse button makes me aroused

yeah shit combat, shit enemies, no weapon differences shit game.
>>
>Skyrim
>Hard
Gut gud, the game is broken and you can become OP within a few levels. Enchanting alone makes you a fucking God that can one shot anything.

I specialized in destruction and conjuring, I enchanted my gear so that neither of those schools would cost me mana, I summoned two powerful demons and spammed the ultimate eleltric destruction spell, which is a kamehama.
It does a fuck ton of damage and it's only draw back is that it costs you a lot of mana very quickly but wait a second destruction spells don't cost me mana.

I was a God.
>>
>>333280387
Skyrim is way harder than Dork Souls. I mean Dork Souls isn't easy but Skyrim is way harder. Try fighting a dragon and pack of necromancers on Legendary difficulty, it makes Dork Souls look like a barbie dress up game. Sorry that your baby dick couldn't handle a real mans game.
>>
>>333280794
Morrowind is even more broken and everyone praise it.
>>
>>333280387
this is artificial difficulty
you don't have means to fight it
you cannot do epic dodges
roll under his feet
deliver powerful counters
you are supposed to take him out with lmb mashing
there are no techniques to master
this is not real difficulty(like in souls series)but artificial one
>>
>>333280913
Thats true I have seen people do fucked up things with potions.
>>
Pretty sure I just created a bunch of illusionary copies of him then blew him up with fire pillars. Modded magic and mechanics are still the only things that would make me consider playing Skyrim again.
>>
>>333280387
Were you playing requiem or vanilla? Vanilla isn't really hard outside of legendary having a worse damage/difficulty thing than oblivion. Skyrim's """"difficulty"""" settings were a joke in vanilla, and even requiem still has to get by on cheap tricks to make it hard.
>>
>>333280794
afaik you can't be 'god' because everything levels with you
>>
File: IMG_11092013_144803.png (100 KB, 288x250) Image search: [Google]
IMG_11092013_144803.png
100 KB, 288x250
>There are living, breathing, people in this world RIGHT NOW who actually cite Skyrim as a hard game
>>
>>333280970
Don't forget rape mods
>>
>>333280960
Such as?
>>
>>333281090
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRTUReLBWHA
>>
>>333281090
You can complete the main storyline under 4 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gON5k2kw3as
>>
>>333281081
Even after watching some videos of that shit, I still don't get the appeal. I'd rather just go to sad panda and get a quick fap in.
>>
>>333281037
So? You are doing a ton of ultimate damage while to frost demons kick his ass, I rarely took damage in skyrim because the guys never got near me or they were a pile of dust before they even saw me.

>>333281090
I remember seeing a guy who hit the final boss so hard his weapons shattered and his game broke.
>>
Smithing
Alchemy
Pausing to drink potions
>>
>>333280387
Dark Souls isn't actually a hard game is the thing. Niggers just say it's hard because they try to ham out and run out of stamina then get fucked or something, I don't even know.
>>
>>333280753
Fun fact, that kill cam issue is because Bethesda can't into math. Kill cams have a % chance to trigger on fatal blows, however Bethesda coded it to check for a fatal blow before any damage mitigation comes into play. This means an instant kill is possible on any hit that takes 20% of your total health at max damage resistance.
>>
>>333281037
>abuse the Fortify Restoration bug along with the alchemy/enchanting combo
>make gear that gives you over 1 million extra HP
>make a 500K damage weapon of whatever the fuck you want
>functionally immune to damage, functionally infinite stamina/magic, potions that heal for well over your total HP bar, smithing upgrades that sell for enough to put a shop out of business, etc

Skyrim was easy as fuck to become godlike in, even more so with the removal of the level cap and the ability to make skills Legendary because there were no limits on how many final-tier unique perks you could get.
>>
>>333280913
Yes, but not for a high level of difficulty. Maybe for its difficulty curve and sense of progression compared to the more heavily level scaled entries in that series, but definitely not as a game you play solely to challenge yourself.
>>
>>333280387
All this game needs is a basic understanding of theory crafting and it's easy.
One time I just set my character up around using unarmed (without mods). It did more damage than any of the weapons that would drop. Ended up getting boring.
>>
>>333282010
Dark Souls just doesn't hold your hand, thats the difficulty and most people are too use to being told what to do and where to go.
Another bad habbit is not trying different tactics, some people try the same thing over and over again until they give up.
>>
>>333282040
What? So if i had 100 HP, and armor that had 50 dmg res, and got hit by an attack that did 100 dmg, the game would do 100-100 < 1 and play the death animation, instead of 100-(100-50) !< 1 right? Can't remember how Skyrim did dmg res, but yeah.
>>
File: 1455476537757.jpg (63 KB, 674x506) Image search: [Google]
1455476537757.jpg
63 KB, 674x506
>Get impact, and stunlock everything with dualcast fireballs
>>
>>333282010
The thing is that Dark Souls absolutely is a hard game. If you have to cite games from 6 gens ago to prove its not hard- then it is infact hard.
>>
>>333282445
How can beth be so sucessful when they can't make games? And you're right btw
>>
>>333282445
Yeah, it decides to do a kill cam before it counts in your damage resistance.
>>
File: 1458407208602.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458407208602.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
>>333282040
What

What the fuck

How do these people even get hired in the first place?
>>
>>333281037
And in an absolutely retarded way, as well.
>>
>>333281272
It's about immersion and shit man. Easier to self-insert in first person and all that.
>>
>>333282326
This, but when you say "doesn't hold your hand", you mean it tells you absolutely fucking nothing. It's borderline to the point that in order to not waste 50 hours on a failed run, learning how the game works, you have to look up the wiki and at that point your barely even properly playing it.
>>333282656
>>333282681
I can sort of see what they did wrong, just that they literally forgot about dmg res, and just thought "oh yeah, if attack > health then death" and bashed it out and no one ever looked at it again or talked about it in the first place.
That said, it was a AAA game, and not an assignment in "learning C++" at community college.
>>
>>333280387
Because the combat in Skyrim is incredibly simplistic and requires no skill, so equipment and stats are the main factors in difficulty, so if you're poorly prepared no amount of skill will save you, while if you are the game will beat itself.
>>
File: 1380652171746.jpg (49 KB, 256x259) Image search: [Google]
1380652171746.jpg
49 KB, 256x259
>>333281043
>>
>>333281037
the game is easy though.

t. hand to hand khajiit
>>
>>333283009
Yeah, it's probably a programmer error. Being too zealous in looking for efficiency by using cases where you can avoid the calculations, while completely missing the point of the calculations.

It's also a problem that wasn't "obvious." I'd imagine everyone was affected by it at least a few times, but figured the game just works like that or assumed the hit did more damage than it really did. Since the numbers aren't shown to you, it's easy to write off.

It's also an issue that becomes worse and worse at the extremes, like on difficulties with higher damage, when you have low max HP, or very high damage resistance.
>>
>>333280753
>>333282040
when I started Skyrim literally the first thing I've done was find an addon that disables the kill cams

they're fucking hot pieces of trash
>>
did they ever fix the fact that kill cams for bow kills don't work at long range?

I remember spending like 5 minutes at one point trying to snipe someone with a bow from a long-ass range, and when I actually figured out the proper trajectory and fall-off compensation that would make my arrow hit them on the head, the came would start the kill cam animation,which changes your aim slightly, and it would miss
>>
>>333282537
Nah there are plenty of games that are harder skill wise. Dark Souls just seems hard because it punishes you so much when you die. Think of the amount of times you died to bosses in Dark Souls... you probably died just as much in other games you just didnt notice because you can hit restart and be back at the boss again. Really, dark souls just takes a bit of thought and strategy and it's not that hard at all, people are just used to a different kind of difficulty.
>>
File: 1441022470764.jpg (16 KB, 185x243) Image search: [Google]
1441022470764.jpg
16 KB, 185x243
>>333280387
>more HP means more difficult
>>
File: 1459129054755.png (51 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1459129054755.png
51 KB, 592x492
>>333280504
>90% reduced magic damage
Nigga you can get 100% spell absorb if you abuse necromage.
>>
>>333287579

>leveling restoration

lolno
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.