[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games that must be played. Post essentials, Games that everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: nier-cover.jpg (62 KB, 738x613) Image search: [Google]
nier-cover.jpg
62 KB, 738x613
Games that must be played.

Post essentials, Games that everyone should play no matter their taste and genre.

I'll start.
>>
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
>>
File: thesteppe.jpg (90 KB, 1100x440) Image search: [Google]
thesteppe.jpg
90 KB, 1100x440
>>333276898
And The Void.
>>
ET
>>
Twewy
>>
File: 81XTUUbY8KL._SL1476_.jpg (458 KB, 1163x1476) Image search: [Google]
81XTUUbY8KL._SL1476_.jpg
458 KB, 1163x1476
No matter what.
>>
>>333277693
>>333277159
I hope we get another awesome library towards the end of the 3DS' lifespan
>>
File: goat.jpg (432 KB, 640x787) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
432 KB, 640x787
stealth gameplay done right
>>
Metal gear solid 1 & 2
>>
>>333276898
Are we posting god tier games in this thread? I think we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5xZbJDZZo4
>>
File: annalise-in-game.jpg (104 KB, 1465x824) Image search: [Google]
annalise-in-game.jpg
104 KB, 1465x824
Bloodborne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjzF3XWrDdA
>>
>>333277803
Eh.. 4 vanilla is better and more essential. 3G is too overtaxing for most people, too much shit to do and marie even existing is a crime in of itself.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (8 KB, 307x164) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
8 KB, 307x164
>>333277817
>>
File: 1434562409267.png (19 KB, 196x229) Image search: [Google]
1434562409267.png
19 KB, 196x229
I don't get it.

I despise Drakengard. I hate it's very existence, the story ideas were cool but so poorly executed along with gameplay that it makes the most boring slog known to man.

I know thats the intention, but after spending weeks and near months collecting every weapon to unlock that damnable Ending E I've detested it's existence ever since. It's like an unholy artifact that drags you in and makes you play whether you want to or not, because it psychologically entices you to keep going, no matter how monotonous and boring. No matter how much time is wasted.

YET.

Somehow,

Nier is probably my favorite game of all time. While the combat is still only "okay" Everything else hits so much harder and leagues above anything Drakengard tried to pull. Drakengard throws tons of weird shit at you and expects you to follow its logic, Nier plays it straight, AND THEN MAKES YOU GO BACK THROUGH TWICE AND SEE WHAT YOU REALLY DID.
>>
>>333278690
Nier was the original Genocide run.

Tobyfox has alluded to Nier on multiple occasions as part of his inspirations, and on the flipside, Yoko Taro has apparently gotten some new ideas from Undertale.

Kind of fucking cool when you think about it.
>>
File: Portal.jpg (246 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Portal.jpg
246 KB, 800x600
I will go with The first Portal. This game is teh pinnacle of puzzle-platforming. The "whoa" effect for most players in the first minutes of the game is really strong. It also opes the mind of the player with all of the new possibilities with this traversal mechanic. My only complaint is it never leaves the player in a free roam environment to express his imaginations

In the second game, it was more obvious what the player should do, but at least, the new mechanics somewhat made up for it. I was just a little disappointed.
>>
>>333280414
I liked Portal 2 better, but both games are definitely worth playing.
>>
>>333276898
Good start anon. One of the best games ever made. Cant wait for Nier: Automata. I honestly believe it will be a GOAT game.
On topic:
>Asura's Wrath (with the DLC)
>Vanquish
>Deadly Premonition
>Phantom Dust
>Rez
>>
>>333276898
I wouldn't call Nier an essential, it's a decent to good game, that's all.

Deus Ex
DOOM
Thief 1/2
System Shock 1/2
Silent Hill 1/2/3
REmake
Half Life 1/2
VtMB
Max Payne 1/2
Super Metroid
Castlevania SOT
Zelda ALTTP/OOT
MGS 1/2/3
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6/7/9
Banjo-Kazooie
Super Mario 64
GTA III/VC/SA
>>
>>333281176
>No games past 2004
You know good games exist even after your childhood, right?
>>
>>333281401
Considering something an essential if it hasn't stood the test of time is pretty dumb,
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.