[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefield 5, What do you think it would be set in? And why?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: BF5.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
BF5.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
Battlefield 5, What do you think it would be set in? And why?!

Sci-FI
Modern Warfare
WW2
WW1

i Personally Think its Going to be Modern warfare or WW2 BUT i think its going to be WW2 BECAUSE.. for the Past 5 Games, Battlefield 2,BC1,BC2,BF3,BF4 its all about Modern warfare and People got fed up really.. if they were clever they would make it a WW2, Imagine 1942 with BF4 Graphics..The tanks the weapons the buildings and the Swastikas.. would kickass.
>>
>>333276423
Should be WW1 on both fronts.
>>
>>333276423
Generic middle eastern country

>topical
>kill terrorisms
>large maps with fuck all detail, easy to program
>muslims can kill infidels online, infidels can kill muslims

calling it
>>
I'd say sci-fi would be the most interesting.

>All that creative freedom
>Crazy weapons
>Crazy maps
>Crazy vehicles

Battlefeild is a game about having all the tools of an army at your disposal and I think sci-fi lends itself really well to that idea. It's something that Call of Duty missed out on in its sci-fi games.
>>
I don't fucking care what genre it is, a good battlefield game is a good battlefield game regardless the genre. All i care about is it's a botched fucking broken mess on release like BF4
>>
Who gives a fuck
>inb4 hur dur why'd you post
there are plenty of other games to enjoy instead of this trash, hell even bf4 is decent
>>
>>333276971

This and maybe we'll get a better Battlefront if only in spirit.

Or I'd take Vietnam or maybe a return to 1942.
>>
When's BF4 set, like 2020? i'm going to say 2030/40. That leak that happened about a week ago seems to indicate that it's going to be something similar to 2142 but not as far in the future, it seems like they're working their way towards 2142.
>>
File: crwJthQ.jpg (2 MB, 3110x4666) Image search: [Google]
crwJthQ.jpg
2 MB, 3110x4666
>>333277967
>>
>>333278383
>people saw this and thought "Eastern Front? Wooow, WW2"
There was no Pan Asian Coalition during WW2 and there were also no battles fought on American soil. There was however a Pan Asian Coalition in 2142. It's clearly a setup for 2143. Or fake, can go either way.

I severely doubt they will go for WW2, Battlefield's schtick now is massive amounts of weapon customisation, weapon customisation was extremely limited to non-existent in WW2. You're a fucking retard if you think their next big serialised title is going to be set during WW2.
>>
>>333276423
What you want =/= what will likely happen.

It's going to be near-future/sci-fi. If they ever make another game set during WWII it's going to be a spinoff like Hardline.
>>
>>333276423

I'm personally hoping they just stick with Modern Warfare.

And I mean modern. 2016. Not the 4-5 years in the future they usually do, BF4 took place in like 2020 or something.

Frankly, I don't even feel like they need to do a Battlefield 5. They could have just kept polishing up BF4 for years, but if they are, I hope they keep it pretty similar to BF3/4 and just put on a bit of polish, some improved balance and gameplay they've learned from BF4, and do more of an incremental improvement instead of some monumental change up they could easily fuck up.
>>
I want to believe it's WW2 but it will be sci-fi

Then again EA is going to release Titanfall and BF5 in pretty narrow timespan, i have no idea how they're going to get away with it
>>
>>333281582
On'es Call of Duty with mechs, the other is Arma for casuals.
>>
>>333276423
I don't care where it's set because it's a shitty generic FPS.
>>
>>333281773
>we don't even know what it is, just that it's coming out later this year
>IT'S A SHITTY GENERIC SHOOTER!
You're a retard, my man.
>>
>>333281905
>a series that's been nothing but generic shitty FPS since it's been ported to consoles
>NO BUT WAIT THIS ONE WILL BE DIFFERENT, HOW DO YOU KNOW IT HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET
shaking my head family, to be honest in my opinion
>>
>>333276423
i want ww2 or scifi. tired of same bf for years now.
but no retarded cod scifi
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.