[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasteland 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
You guys played it? What do you think? I'm playing trough it right now, having a blast, feels like a modernized version of Fallout 1&2.
However, am I the only one who feels that the Wasteland in Wasteland is kinda generic post-apocalyptic playground with super science? Maybe I haven't gotten far enough, but the most interesting thing about the world was the Canyon of Titans and the nuclear kamikaze Monks. Also there are few (if any) RPGs with turn based combat I enjoyed as much as this one, reminds me a lot of XCOM.
>>
File: tumblr_naoforMIrD1sqkv5zo1_1280.png (2 MB, 1257x1386) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_naoforMIrD1sqkv5zo1_1280.png
2 MB, 1257x1386
bump
>>
and again
>>
none of you played it?
>>
>>333274727
> toaster repair
What the fuck
>>
>>333277968
joke skill, mostly used for some extra optional quests, but sometimes it can get you great loot. You can find rocket launchers inside toasters, or you can find pesticide or old music records... stuff like that
>>
I'm interested in the thread but it seems like everyone moved past this game.

I never continued playing it after the Canyon of the Titans. Not because I didn't like the game but as often it happens with me, I get busy with something else and pout a game away for a week or two and then completely forget about it. I have backlogs of unfinished games like these that go back almost a decade (I preserve the savefiles in case I ever come back to them)

Anyway, the game is somewhat railroady, there were parts of it. Iirc, there is like only one major decision in the game that has any impact and it was saving either the one location or the other (I forgot the names) at the start of the game.

Also, something that left bad taste in my month was how they handled the old Rangers HQ, the Prison, namely the way it was scripted to be only attacked after certain point in game. The developers had to make it more and more impossible to enter it since the testers kept managing to beat the defenses of the prison before the plot events.
>>
>>333278159
Well I heard the game is a bug-riddled piece of crap with poorly written quests for the most part.

Maybe they should've put more effort into that aspect rather than putting a 'lol so randumb' skill in the game.
>>
File: 1449737254959.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1449737254959.png
159 KB, 289x289
>>333278498

i think its not that bad
but the pacing is dreadfully slow

also i kinda expected fallout 1/2 but what i got was fallout tactics

i guess i give it another go while waiting for meme souls 3
>>
>>333278586
It was in the original Wasteland.
>>
>>333278771
I think they made or are planning to make a major update to the game which will be more like a remastering than an addon.
Not sure what they plan to change but hopefully it will be better. I think they want to put it into other engine, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>333274727
It feels like Fallout because it's the spiritual successor to it. I think it was made by the same dev team or lead dev or some shit like that???

Supposedly takes place in the same universe, Desert Rangers are early NCR or something like that.

Hence why there's energy weapons and shit.
>>
>>333279319
3/10, you could make a better bait.
>>
>>333279319
Actually made me mad, congrats
>>
>>333282920
>>333281658
Literally autism
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.