[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible that I'm not actually a "tired gamer"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1404582414923.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1404582414923.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
Is it possible that I'm not actually a "tired gamer" and instead just grown out of video games?
If that's the case why do I still want to play games and spend hours just browsing my library?
>>
>>333272895
You're probably some fag that bought into the PC gaming meme now you hate video games because of it
>>
>>333272895
>I'm
nobody cares about your pathetic life, just kill yourself already
>>
>>333273178
cared enough to reply :^)
>>
>>333272895
you still browse your library because you feel like you can escape life once more by playing video games. but yeah you are right. it's time to move on.
>>
>>333272895
I think you just need to focus more on what you want to play. What mood are you in? What attributes do you want to express through games?

I think that speaks a lot to the reason why we play games in the first place. We want to express different attributes in a virtual environment, do you want to express martial skill? Diplomacy? Benevolence? Anger? Strength or frailty? Or are you just feeling passive, just want to chill out for a bit?

Figure out these things and you'll have a much easier time finding what you want to play and feeling motivated to play it. Just to give you an example, I'm feeling in a commanding mood and I quite like the subject of history, so I'm going to play total war in a bit.
>>
>>333272895
I bet you're depressed and you find it hard to enjoy most things anyways. Go see a doctor.
>>
>>333274297
My parents still fail to get the hint and probably think it's just a phase. I can't call the doctor on my own because I don't have any cash on me and I wouldn't be able to drive there anyway.
>>
Dumb frogposter
>>
File: 145441304345.png (56 KB, 260x263) Image search: [Google]
145441304345.png
56 KB, 260x263
>>333274892
Dump none frogposter
>>
File: edgar_cayce_2.jpg (9 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
edgar_cayce_2.jpg
9 KB, 225x300
Being burnt out on something you find enjoyable is a sign of a disorder within your body.

Is your spiritual ideal in accord?
>Oft, - yea, too long, - the entity has put off the seeking or determining of the ideal in its spiritual and mental life. Too OFT the entity has found a HOPED for ideal in material things. Thus we find there have been periods in which confusions have arisen, - and yet latently there is that desire, that belief in, that hope for, spiritual awakening. Yet the entity finds that the gratifying of the material desire of the own self is so overwhelming, and at times so easily obtained, that at times the spiritual nature is lost sight of.

How about your mental health anon?
>(Q) Was my past ill-health due to unfavorable psychic aspects?
>(A) As indicated, they had their influence - but rather would we say the ability to maintain as much of an equilibrium as has been was due to the CONTROL of the psychic aspects, than to the psychic aspects! Such things as the black days and the bright days exist most for those who THINK they exist! For our days or activities or periods of influence astrologically or psychically are what we allow them to become in our experience! Their influence exists, yes! So does poison gas exist, but if we keep away from it or if we control it in our experience it may cause little trouble!

Lastly, how are you doing with the physical maintenance of your body?
>One meal each day should have at least a green, raw vegetable. Raw vegetables may be combined and used as a whole meal, or a quantity of one raw vegetable used at a meal; but the raw vegetables at least once during a day combined with some meal, whether noon or at the evening meal.

For more Edgar Cayce go to:
http://www.aawmagazine.com/Main.html
>>
>>333272895
Fuck off retard. If you are not enjoying video games, then stop playing them and find something else to do in life. I will always enjoy video games because I don't let negative thoughts overcome me.
>>
>>333274457
>Parents
You must be at least 18 years old to post here.
>>
>>333275736
Sorry for not being a normie. If I were I wouldn't be here in the first place.
>>
>>333274457
Medication shouldn't be your first recourse anyways. You'll just end up like my sister and always depressed and taking pills. That's what's wrong with America today. They don't teach kids a drug is something that permanently altars your body's natural functions.

You should listen to >>333275189
>>
>>333278276
Not vidya but I feel I should speak out for the people who do need meds. I literally lose my shit without them, and I'll happily take a few side effects for (relative) normality.

Pills do serve a purpose.
>>
>>333272895
let me guess, early 20's and burnt out on more than just games?
it's not vidya, but the current state of things isn't helping. branch out and play more than what you hear everyone else talking about.
>>
>>333275736
The greatest lie ever told
>>
>>333278468
fuck that, I hated anti-depressants, never made me feel better, just numb and dull.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.