[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"...And most importantly, thank YOU for playing"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: KMOwu.jpg (55 KB, 567x435) Image search: [Google]
KMOwu.jpg
55 KB, 567x435
>"...And most importantly, thank YOU for playing"

Where did the magic go /v/?

Where are all the people who actually had fun making videogames? The people who actually cared about their customers?

Why is it that everything started going to shit as soon as COD became popular and DLC and stuff started coming out?
>>
It all started with the Xbox and the Westernization of the console market. Anyone who disagrees is fucking delusional.
>>
>>333269073
Yeah, I guess that makes sense, what with all the online stuff that xbox did.
>>
>>333270168
It has more to do with the proliferation of American business models and Western devs that used to only be prominent on PC.
>>
File: One Way Heroics Plus.png (182 KB, 656x519) Image search: [Google]
One Way Heroics Plus.png
182 KB, 656x519
>>333268520
Pic related is a DLC.
>>
>>333268520
Crushed under the heel of corporate accountability to share holders

Video games are a business, unfortunately
>>
>>333268520
You don't think Hideki Kamiya actually likes his job or gives a fuck about his fans, do you?
He's a bitter asshole.
>>
>>333268520
Killing people isnt fun(atleast in the long run), even if it is in war scenario.

Having superpowers is fun, etc unrealistic things so vidya games can be an escape from reality.
>>
>>333268520
Show me your game collection, depending on how many of those "magic" games you supported we'll know what's what.
>>
>>333272447
I can't do that right now but what I can say for sure is that I mainly buy indie titles on steam. Not triple A stuff.
>>
>>333268520
It's called Path of Exile and even mentioning it causes shitposting of biblical proportions by autists who have never played it.
>>
>>333273805
>buying indieshit
>>
>>333272276
He probably cares more than most other developers would. He just doesn't care to know that you didn't like the game/arguing about reviews/sales etc.
>>
>>333272276
Kamiya cares deeply for his creations, he just doesnt give a fuck about sales or reviews and dislikes idiots. Kamiya genuinely loves video games
>>
>>333268520
There are still some developers out there that seem to still have fun making games.
Platinum and Wayforward/Yacht Club to mind.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.