[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20160405_141027.jpg (92 KB, 774x759) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160405_141027.jpg
92 KB, 774x759
Do I need to get it on ps4 without problems or on my laptop with lower resolution but with mouse and keyboard?
>>
>>333265603
Don't buy it. It will die in months.
>>
>>333265663
>in months
that's long enough for me
>>
PC will 100% be loaded with hackers when it goes public. Just get a mouse for the ps4
>>
>>333265820
Wont they stop them?
>>
File: 1441041361131.jpg (35 KB, 283x195) Image search: [Google]
1441041361131.jpg
35 KB, 283x195
>>333265603
I want fuck her butt while she lays on her stomach
>>
>>333265663

It won't die but it will be on the same level as Heroes of the Storm. (content and competitive wise)
>>
>>333266075
Eventually they'll ban one, and two more will rise. Its been 6 months of banning sprees and battlefront still has a few rage mode hackers, the division is totally fucked and the trend follows for every other game. The only half decent anti cheat is valves or fairfight+punkbuster, and I don't see blizzard matching that.

Hori makes k+m for the ps4 though. Bonus points for it also not running like shit on your laptop
>>
>>333265603
i wouldn't recommend you buying a blizzard game on consoles.
especially a first person shooter.
so either don't buy it or buy it on PC.
>>
>>333265820
Blizzard is controlling this shit top to bottom. There won't be any hackers except for a few aimbotters that will be regularly flushed. Stop memeing.
>>
>>333265663
Thats generous.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (456 KB, 994x664) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
456 KB, 994x664
>>333267450
You have way to much faith. Even if they ban the obvious rage mode players, the wallhackers and aimbots will still exist
>>
>>333267602
>the wallhackers and aimbots will still exist

There are heroes with wallhacks and aimbots built into their kits already though

Why bother hacking when they can just play those heroes
>>
>>333267602
That's the benefit of the closed, centralised server model.
>>
>>333267602
i never understand this attitude.
i mean, i play first person shooters and all kinds of games fairly regularly.
i never ran into a cheater in a blizzard game.
i only ran into a cheater once in CSGO
and i only ran into a cheater once in R6 siege.
i mean seriously. with a giant ass userbase you might run into someone cheating once in your playtime.
>>
>>333267694
That doesnt stop shit but lag switchers m8

>>333267691
I honestly haven't kept up fully with the game, but my guess would be those aren't active 24/7 or even 25% of the time, and probably arent on the same character. Thats why people will cheat, because its amusing to them to shit all over people even though they lack the skill to do so.
>>
>>333267602

Any online game has hackers, Blizzard at least is a large company who already has shown they do what they can to get rid of them in their other games. It's not like this is some indie game where the devs just don't have the time to focus on anti cheat or anything. It's also not like CSGO where there is a rich history of cheating and a community that sprouted up around it.

Also I couldn't imagine the game being fun on a controller, there are so many elements and mechanics that simply won't work with one. They already stated the game will be balanced differently on consoles and it's probably not going to be all that enjoyable because of the handicap.
>>
>>333267897
I don't even know what all this means because I never meet cheaters in games any more.

Your Overwatch account will be bound to your Battle.net. If you get caught cheating and banned you lose not only the money you paid but also you'll probably start at the bottom of whatever ranking/progression system the game will have.

It's just too costly and hard to cheat these days.
>>
File: Triggered!.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
Triggered!.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>333265603
>>
>>333267839
CSGO uses VAC so its fairly hard to cheat in as steam scans all the other programs you have running constantly, other bliz games are all filled with bots (d3, wow) or theyre card games or hots, which im not honestly sure what hacks would apply there. If r6 seige has no cheaters its only because nobody is fucking playing that game. Look at the division or battlefront on youtube. They'll be there, shitting up your games in this as soon as they can turn around and buy a new key and dont rely on an invite to get in.
>>
>>333268039
> implying cheaters care about rank or their overwatch only account

Its for the keks m8

>>333267970
PS4 literally has m+k support, and would play the game better than OPs craptop anyways. Theres no reason not to buy on a closed system with 0% chance of hackers (assuming lag switchers don't work)
>>
>>333265603
>Blizzard
>Consoles
Not too long ago, Blizzard changed the architecture of the World of Warcraft directory. So even people that manually installed the game via old CDs had to redownload from scratch. Not good when your harddrive space is already filled with half a dozen 60GB games.
>>
>>333268425
>be level xx
>get banned
>can only play against level 0 newshits who are so bad cheating doesn't even matter
>they level up
>you get banned again
>>
>>333268425

Even still you are stuck playing with and against people using controllers, that's just not a fun proposition either way you look at it.

It's not a very demanding game and you can drop the settings down really low if you need to, I'd rather play the PC version at 30 fps than the "re balanced" console version at 30 fps.
>>
what a depressing ass
>>
I like the idea of PS4 being hacker free, but do you think the overall player base will be equal to or greater then on PC. I don't care which one I get it on, I just want the one with most players.
>>
>>333268610
i assume it will be around the same size.
Playstation is marketing this game a lot.
and blizzard is just a PC company really.
so either way, you gonna be fine.
>>
>>333268610
PS4 playerbase will absolutely crush the pc, at least for a long while. PC may do better in the years ahead
>>
>>333265603
for optimal experience get the game for Ps4.
>>
>>333267364
>I don't see blizzard matching that.

Blizzard has been dealing with cheaters and hackers in their games since the 90s

I don't think I ever saw a hacker play Diablo 3 and you could've actually used the RMAH to make money
>>
>>333268610
>I just want the one with most players.
Get it for PS4.
>>
>>333268920
d3 had shitloads of bots
>>
>>333268610

PC is going to have the largest playerbase due to being the home of the vast majority of Blizzards fanbase. You also have the fact that the console versions as noted are going to be balanced independently from the PC version as most of the games abilities and mechanics just don't translate well to anything outside of a mouse and keyboard.

This isn't like a Battlefront or CoD where you can just wander around shooting things on a controller and not really notice much of a difference, there are many abilities and movement mechanics that require the use of a mouse to even make viable. Something simple like playing Tracer and blinking around would be all but impossible without snap movement with a mouse, even more ridiculous would be trying to aim at her as an enemy. As it stands now it's insanely hard to hit her even with the control and precision of a mouse.
>>
File: IMG_20160405_151100.jpg (195 KB, 479x1406) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160405_151100.jpg
195 KB, 479x1406
Thanks I think I'll get it for ps4 and try to connect a mouse and keyboard to it
>>
>>333269423
t. blizzardcuck
>>
>>333265603
I honestly do not see Overwatch lasting long on consoles.

Shit is just way too fast paced for controllers.

On PC though, probably the next TF2 in terms of popularity and longevity
>>
>>333269525

I'd rather not see someone waste money on a dumbed down version of the game.
>>
>>333269050
>bots
>same as hackers/cheaters
fucking educate yourself anon.
>>333269425
that's not gonna work anon.
>>
>>333269613
So don't buy the PC version? Alright.
>>
>>333265603
>d.Va
>even the SC2 pros in Blizzard's own game stopped playing SC2
>>
>>333269423
I don't care at all for mouse vs controller stuff. I am shit at both and wouldn't be bothered on which I had to use, I just want the largest playerbase as i have shit internet and need the one whit more people for a better chance at good games.
I can understand where you are coming from with the whole PC playerbase, but then why is everyone saying PS4 will have more people? Like I don't get it.

>>333269625
But you can use a keyboard and mouse on PS4. I don't think it works with all keyboards though.
>>
>>333269673

Already been said half a dozen times, Blizzard has stated that the console versions will be balanced differently. After playing the game it's obvious to see that this is due to them having control limitations.

Even simple things like trying to use Zarya shields on teammates would be a hassle, a lot of her gameplay is about spinning around and targeting your teammates in the middle of a fight.
>>
>>333269767
videogames will not support your mouse and keyboard.
hell i'm pretty sure Keyboards only work for the universal text prompts they use everywhere.
>>
>>333269803
If this turns out like Diablo 3 the console version is vastly superior than the PC version.
>>
>>333269625
99% of all hacks are just client side mods. There wasnt much else to do but bots in d3, as you cant rig server side loot drops.

On the other hand, looks like hots has eps and map hacks easily available. There will be undetectable or hard to detect wallhacks for overwatch, thats a garuantee. Aimbots are also very likely, and its easy to set them to "great human player" level and not get caught by nailing nothing but headshots all day everyday or modding damage for OHKOs. Play pc if you want, but it will have cheaters.
>>
>>333269840
No I have seen people play shit like CoD with it.
I have seen people here say they have used it as well.
>>
>>333269767

Other shooters tend to have a larger console playerbase, games like the recently released Battlefront had a console playerbase ten times that of the PC version so that's probably why some people think it would be the same for Overwatch. The difference here is that it's not a game that translates well to the control scheme and the main fact that Blizzard already has a massive fanbase that exists entirely on the PC platform.

If the size of the playerbase is your one and only concern then PC is where you want to be, that's where the majority of the playerbase will be, both casual and competitive.
>>
>>333270018
> literally every game sells more on consoles
> t-this time it will be different guys
>>
>>333269958
you need a specific keyboard and mouse that just emulates controller inputs.
your normal ass mouse and keyboard won't work.
>>
>>333270018
Well you could say that about a lot of games but I doubt it stop people some form picking PC over it. I mean there is a hell of a lot of aimassist that'd do the work for them anyway.
>>
>>333270184
>>333269958
actually never mind,
i did some research.
you need to buy a 100$ + peripheral adapter to use M+KB on your console for actually playing.
>>
>>333270184
I know, I said that from the start. I was just saying it is possible if you really really need it.
>>
>pc is full of hackers
>only seen one hacker in the last 4 years of playing various AAA shooters on release
i guess everything's so fucking expensive in australia nobody wants to risk buying games twice
>>
File: 1455514521756.jpg (69 KB, 478x600) Image search: [Google]
1455514521756.jpg
69 KB, 478x600
>>333270550
>Want to pirate a game
>Shitty 600kb internet would take days to download it
>Have to buy expensive physical to save a few days time
I hate being Australian.
>>
>>333270710
You guys get all the bad ass wildlife though. Nobody else gets to see kangaroo boxing matches while going to the store or platypi while lounging on the beach
>>
>>333271043
Oh yeah I bet it sure is badass getting eaten to death by spiders as large as a house on your way to the opera
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.