[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm playing this game for the first time and I have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: P4characters.jpg (49 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
P4characters.jpg
49 KB, 500x278
So I'm playing this game for the first time and I have a question, do I need all of the characters levelled up or can I ignore some?
They all seem good at something so I'm not sure if I would need them for something later, lastly does Chie ever get useful in the party?
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 500x511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 500x511
>>333261935
You gotta level up all their social links but you don't need to use Kanji in dungeons he's just useless. And then you only get to romance one of the girls so you pick Naoto
>>
>>333261935
Get out before someone spoils that Nanako is the killer
>>
>>333261935
You don't have to level them all as far as combat is concerned. I did a play through where I only used Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko. The game doesn't force you to use some characters at points or anything like that. Be sure to level your social link with the characters you do end up using. A better relationship actually helps in battle.
>>
Go Yosuke/Yukiko/Kanji and never look back.
>>
>>333262482
But...she's so sugoi.
>>
>>333262689
>never being ah-ha, your chance
Anonymous, just go.
>>
File: 1409559055923.jpg (24 KB, 427x641) Image search: [Google]
1409559055923.jpg
24 KB, 427x641
>>333261935
You can just stick with a team and roll with them the whole game. Some teammates are better than others but they don't make a huge difference outside of having a healer like Yukiko. They're more powerful in Golden since they get extra abilities and are generally rebalanced.
The only distinctly bad teammates are Naoto in vanilla and Teddie in Golden. But you should always use Kanji because he's best boy, especially in Golden where they give him power charge.
Chie is ok early game, shit mid game, and great late game because she gets nothing useful between around lvl 20-50.
>>
>>333261935
You dont have to level them all, just go with who you like. Yosuke is well-rounded, Chie has a bad midgame but picks up in a big way later when she gains Power Charge, God Hand and Agneyastra, Yukiko is god-tier, Kanji is stronger for much of the game but gets outdamaged by Chie lategame (unless you're playing Golden where Kanji is objectively better throughout), Teddie is a worse Yukiko and Naoto is awful
>>
File: Amagi.Yukiko.full.916554.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Amagi.Yukiko.full.916554.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1080
Yukiko is best waifu
>>
>>333262916
I'd rather not leave things to luck.
>>
>>333262968
Even in Golden Naoto is only on, not having amp skills hurts her damage and I'm guessing her sp still sucks
>>
>>333263430
*only ok
>>
>>333261935
You can just pick your favourites and play through the game with them. I used all of them evenly.
>>
File: 1409108309660.jpg (104 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1409108309660.jpg
104 KB, 1000x750
>>333263430
She's amazing in Golden because she has access to all 4 elements which gives her weakness coverage, mind charge to make up for a lack of amps, and invigorate 3 to cover her SP usage.
She also gets heat riser, shield of justice, and the reflect skills which are nice utility if you want them. Overall she goes from being niche to being well-rounded and flexible, which does a ton for her.
>>
You should level up gas station attendant since he is the big bad
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.