[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Siege of Dragonspear >Eighteen years later, the next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Siege-of-Dragonspear[1].jpg (50 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
Siege-of-Dragonspear[1].jpg
50 KB, 700x460
> Siege of Dragonspear
>Eighteen years later, the next expansion to Baldur's Gate is here.

whoa wait what the fuck?
>>
youre in for a surprise
>>
>>333261803
Its gg propaganda and ruins the ui.
>>
>>333261803
With a series as popular as Dragonlance being relatively similar, isn't it a bit cheap to call it Dragonspear? It's almost like a chinese knockoff.
>>
Get ready for your classic games to be SJWed with SJW patches
>>
>>333263021
I seriously think the developers browse /v/ and decided to fuck with us. They can't be this cucked can they?!
>>
>>333261803
It's as much a expansion as NWN scenario mods are.
They just went a bit further and hired some original actors to do their shitty fanfiction.
>>
Glad I caught this thread new.

Is it worth playing the original or should I just play the second one? Also, just out of curiosity, is this expansion being pushed onto everyone or is it an optional update?
>>
We're going back in time to rewrite vidya history to fit OUR narratives.

You can't stop us, goobers. We won.
>>
>>333261803
Why BG 1? Why not BG2? Could have done far more at later levels, if you include the staff from ToB.

Could have included some new classes like Artificer, Prism, Spellbreaker, True Blood of the Dragon and Psionic.

What a letdown.
>>
File: laughing_man.png (177 KB, 1138x1024) Image search: [Google]
laughing_man.png
177 KB, 1138x1024
Friendly reminder Baldurs Gate has always been a painfully mediocre RPG series that's only lauded because it was literally babbys first arr pee gee
>>
>>333263257

Original is good if you want a lower level experience with more outdoors exploration. Feels more open ended.

2 is a high level experience with more writing to it.
>>
It's a trap!
>>
>>333263438
It was popular because at the time it came out western RPGs were as dead as RTS is now.
BG release revitalized the wRPG industry.
>>
>>333263438
I played diablo first though
>>
>>333261803
>Baldurs Gate
>pause / unpause in every fight
>fun
No correlation whatsoever.
>>
>>333263438
Planescape was better
I only picked up BG1&2, NWN, because I wanted more Planescape
>>
>>333263438
I thought Final Fantasy VII was babbys first rpg?
>>
>>333264710
>I only picked up BG1&2, NWN, because I wanted more Planescape

You must have been as disappointed as I was.

If Nu-Torment is even 1/10th the game Planescape was I will be happy.
>>
>>333263013
Guess who owns both the forgotten realms and dragonlance D&D setting, and every other official D20 setting.
Guess who sanctified what could be interpreted as a reference to one of their other products?
>>
>>333263438
Bioware has never been good, I don;t care how many times you call me a contrarian or a history revisionist its fucking true.
>>
>>333263372
because there is a story gap, or at least the possibility of one, between BG1 and shadows of amn, there is no good reason for the story of the bhaalspawn to continue after ToB, the legacy of bhaal is over, either you are the new god of murder, or you are not, either way, the intersting part of the spawns life ended.
>>
>>333263438
right, not like people played lands of lore, wizardry, might and magic, ultima, krondor or elder scrolls before that.
>>
>>333264851
It always felt like that weird "americanised" european history. Like, europe has a bunch of old shit, like castles and shit, and americans think it's like living in a renaissance faire 24/7. We're supposed to be coo-ing over the mud and a guy in robes.

A bit like the difference between Overwatch and TF2's attitude to killing. TF2's shorts are full of violence, decapitated heads, etc, but Overwatch has a "chirpy cockernay" and a sniper shooting that has no blood or visible damage.
>>
>>333263438
It's funny because it's true
>>
File: Untitled.png (48 KB, 662x349) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
48 KB, 662x349
What went wrong /v/?
>>
>>333265721
jesus
>>
>>333265721

Anyone who read a single line of dialog from Beamdog's additions to the original two games shouldn't be surprised.

I can't believe they thought Neera was a good enough idea that they needed to dedicate a whole new area and series of quests to her.
>>
Reminder: https://a.uguu.se/jdlowi.webm (embed)
>>
>>333265957
I'm surprised there aren't any monsters called goblingaters or something
>>
>>333266063
Why no crazy mage ever tried to mix goblins with alligators?
Would be a prime minion.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.