[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most Overrated Games and Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 250x182) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 250x182
>simple puzzles and quests
>Mario 64 offered more variety and fluid gameplay
>>
>>333251393
(You)
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 1280x720
>Ocarina of Time
>Bitching about quality of puzzles rather than music, characters and overall magical atmosphere
>HURR DURRR
When will le "OoT is bad" meme end?
>>
For a child, OoT's puzzles were fine. Which most players who like OoT were kids.
Also, how are you comparing a action game to a platformer, bro?
>>
>>333252485
I'm just saying it's overated, not bad.
>>
>complaring a platformer to and adventure RPG

WEW
E
W
>>
>>333252679
Are you talking about ratings n shiet? Don't ever give a fuck about normies and their stupid ratings
>>
OP is too young. He thinks its overrated because he watched a Let's Play of it last week instead of playing it himself when the game came out.
>>
super mario world

>you now get to hang on to an extra power up plus fucking Yoshi
>cape let's you cheese almost every level
>>
>>333251393
Is "overrated" the worst buzzword ever conceived?
It literally means nothing, it holds no value.
How could you think worse of something, in this case a game, because it isn't as good as people say it is? all you're doing is ruining your own experience because for some reason you care so much about what other people think.
If OoT was a hidden gem, no one would shit all over it. It's just because so many people do like it that people end up hating it on the fact alone that it's popular, this way of thinking is absolutely retarded, you're just ruining your own potential enjoyment for something as meaningless as "it's too popular!" something that doesn't reflect the games quality in any way.
>>
My "review" of Memetendo

posting in a children's thread
he buys expensive Fischer-Price toys

Iwata
a failed businessman, the trick code monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and dying. Brava Iwata, brava!

Reggie
a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson fils-amie?'). he knows he's the least popular employee and desperately tries to fit in by making Reddit-tier jokes

Miyamoto
an over-the-hill "developer" weighed down by his talentless cronies. only makes simplistic video games because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Star Fox Zero' will expose him as a fraud and be a spiritual and economic disaster. He will eventually go the route of gunpei yokoi , shrivel up and die at the ripe age of 80

Bill
the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters social media on while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual devlopment budget money.

Sakurai
the only dev showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown Nintendo.

I like how Memetendo is a company founded upon innovation, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from miiverse if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the company has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, put on puppet shows and make bad facebook memes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.
>>
>>333253589
You should say this to fnaf haters rather than derailing the thread
>>
>>333253269
Sexy dubs confirm, will do
>>
>>333252485
when they grow a brain and realize how smart the game actually is, which will probably take a few years before most anons realize, and then the OoT is bad meme will reverse
>>
Final Fantasy 7 -3. I enjoyed it and it was probably good for its time but the plot is shitty and the encounter rate is annoying. Still liked it. I wouldn't even talk about it if ppl didn't put it as the best final fantasy game when games like 6, 7, 9 and tactics beat the fuck out of it.
>>
>>333251393
that game was magical when it came out. Ill never forget it for the rest of my life.
>>
>>333253776
I had to type up what the fuck fnaf was.
What I said still stands, fnaf shouldn't be judged for it's popularity, it should be judged on the kind of game it is, which in this case, is fucking garbage.
The popularity of something shouldn't effect your opinion at all. Judge the game for yourself, don't rely on other people to think for you, it's fucking sad.
>>
>>333254091
What's sad is the fact that you people think overated=bad
When did /v/ become a cesspool of overly sensitive fags?
>>
>People in the thread bitching about OoT
>Literally driven by nostalgia
Wake up faggets

Back to OP's question, i think Shadow Warrior 2013 is way too overrated
Fun as fuck, hated how linear it was
>>
File: Kid_goth.png (168 KB, 436x447) Image search: [Google]
Kid_goth.png
168 KB, 436x447
>>333253589
They're a bunch of conformist thinking they're not conforming by disliking something that's popular.
>>
File: Bubsy_3D_gameplay.png (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Bubsy_3D_gameplay.png
22 KB, 320x240
>>333251393
It was simply a good transition to 3D for the series. OoT's puzzles were simple, but Mario 64 didn't exactly have a lot of puzzles. Mario 64 did have much more fluid movement and platforming controls, but swordplay combat is a bit more complex than just jumping on enemies' heads or punching them. Majora's Mask had a lot more variety and was a big improvement.

Yeah, the game is a little overrated. It's hard to replay and still enjoy it the same way ALttP or MM or most others in the series are still enjoyable. A lot of the puzzles feel incredibly arbitrary, a lot of the dungeons don't flow right at all, some of the items don't make sense. How about those pointless minigames, muddy textures, and abysmal draw distance? It's still a good game, it's just that when people say it's one of the "greatest games of all time" you have to remember what 3D console games were like at the time (pic related).
>>
>>333254250
Let's break it down, It doesn't mean bad, "overrated" means that it isn't as good as people say it is.
Why should anyone give a flying fuck about that?
What does that even mean? "It isn't as good" Okay? Why does that matter. When you think of something as overrated, the act of labelling it as "overated" automatically diminishes your opinion of that game for such a mind-boggling retarded reason, nothing more, it's an utterly pointless act.
A game should be judged on it's own merits alone, not on something as retardedly pointless and insignificant as it's popularity. Fine if you think OoT is a garbage game, but don't judge if for it's popularity, that's ridiculous. It shouldn't effect your opinion in the slightest.
I'm not saying that's what you or other people in this thread are doing, but there are quite a lot of people who's opinions are effected by the popularity or something, sometimes to the point of disregarding it entirely because of it's popularity alone, that's fucking sad.

>overly sensitive fags?
If you think I'm being overly sensitive, then fuck. You must really hate this place.
I'm completely fine with people shitting all over OoT, just don't do it because "it's popular". You end up looking like a massive faggot.
>>
>>333254332
>Roller Coaster Tycoon is good
>MUH NOSTALGIA
>GTA III is good
>MUH NOSTALGIA
>Age of Empires is good
>MUH NOSTALGIA
Stop posting, brah
>>
I have an idea. Since it's been so long for some of us, why don't we all replay the game and decide for ourselves how good it is?
>>
>>333251393
You should actually play it instead of taking egofaggot's opinion as gospel
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.