[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What other online shooters do people still play other than TF2 and CS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: combat-arms.jpg (52 KB, 510x385) Image search: [Google]
combat-arms.jpg
52 KB, 510x385
What other online shooters do people still play other than TF2 and CS?
>>
>>333229412
Crossfire
>>
>>333229412
bad company 2
modern warfare 2
>>
File: tsf_gorge.jpg (326 KB, 1869x916) Image search: [Google]
tsf_gorge.jpg
326 KB, 1869x916
Gorge Selection 2
>>
>>333229412
Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2
Insurgency
Arma 2/3
>>
File: Ceufrl4WIAAcdZ1.jpg (40 KB, 502x498) Image search: [Google]
Ceufrl4WIAAcdZ1.jpg
40 KB, 502x498
>>333229412
>>
>>333229412
People still play this piece of shit?

I redownloaded it a few years ago to see howit aged; I was dying to BR's tens of seconds before they even appeared on my screen. I watch the death cam and it'd show people running around the corner and magdumping me but I never even saw them.
>>
>>333230738
don't lie. only euros play ro2 these days.
>>
>>333230738
>implying arma 2 is still alive
>>
>>333230837
Oh please, US servers are full all the fucking time, and russian ones aren't faring too well either. If anything now euros prefer playing on US servers because their servers are fucking shit.
>>
>>333231113
*aren't faring too bad
>>
blacklight retribution
>>
>>333230837
Not true, most people on mics are americans or brits.
>>
>>333229412
I play battlefield bad company 2, cod 4 and w@w, and that ghost in the shell game

I always find a match with no problems
>>
the shooter industry is a fractured terrified genre.

It was birthed by Doom and now Doom will decide if its a growing genre or a dead one.

Its no surprise this has happened because the FPS genre was always about pushing hardware to its limits with cutting edge visuals, engines and fast gameplay. the opposite of what ended up corrupting and destroying it.

Console shooters got popular and the genre exploded.

Now a days we get to see half assed RPG/FPS games with 8 year old graphics on 10 year old engines hit huge numbers (fallout 4) with very large media campaigns.

We've also seen games nickle and dime themselves to death with shitty software drm tagged on them ( Titan fall).

We've seen the big bad evil guy buy up the dude bro shitheads and release one of the largest turds of all time. (destiny)

I predict that if the new Doom doesn't meet all expectations your going to see a world of non-stop MOBA and rpg/fps knockoffs for the next 5 years (its kinda been this way for the last 2 on p.c)

God speed rocketmen.
>>
>>333230808
CA NA closed because they did something stupid to remove everything P2W out the game, which worked but backfired.
Nexon EU killed the game by removing the brazilian ban, also no fun allowed.
>30 day ban for cursing

It was a fun game while it lasted, and lasted a long time.
>>
RO2/Rising Storm
Squad
Insurgency
CS 1.6 is alive
>>
>>333234669

What exactly is so great about Doom? It was repetitive, bland, and had no story. The entire game just consisted of mindlessly killing enemies. Unreal Tournament surpassed it in every way
>>
File: header.jpg (30 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30 KB, 460x215
This is actually a really fun game to play, multiplayer wise. The campaign sucks balls however because well...it's Treyarch
>>
>>333236373
fuck off neo /v/
>>
>>333234669

Bitch this isn't a thesis and you're not as smart as you think.
>>
>fire up Enemy Territory for old time's sake
>favorite server is long since dead, but still many to choose from
>pick one
>wait for 10 years of maps/mods to download
>completely dominate for 3 hours, reliving my teenage years
>turns out it's nothing but bots and I'm a moron

Mein Gott.
>>
>>333236243

It was on the forefront of a multi-billion dollar industry. it was created by a group of 20 something tech gurus, most shooters still copy and paste their weapon designs to this day.

if you really wanna see the magic behind doom i suggest you watch this documentary.

https://youtu.be/oZD3qScuySI
>>
>>333235929
>what shooters other than CS?
>CS

based retardbro
>>
>>333236373
No it isn't

fuck that jumping crap
>>
>>333230738
>RO2/RS
>Arma

Are you me? Been playing a lot of Arma recently
>>
File: IHATEYOU.jpg (43 KB, 953x546) Image search: [Google]
IHATEYOU.jpg
43 KB, 953x546
>>333236545

Why are you mad at me? Was it because i directly insinuated that Bungie is 2x responsible for killing the fps genre? that EA is a shit company with bad business practices? That every year we're seeing more and more fps games fail, struggling to retain or attract a player base?

If overwatch & doom fail it will be the end of the FPS era.
>>
>>333236663
Ah the story of Battlefield 1942 as well.

Except now it's dead dead

Speaking of how has no one mentioned Heroes & Generals
>>
>>333230738

Yep.
>>
>>333237762
Because Heroes and Generals is not that great and has a number of issues with the shitty laggy ass game engine.
>>
>>333237762

ironicly Wolfenstien ET & 1942 are 2 of my favourite shooters of all time.

god damn shame what happened to ID & Splash.
>>
>>333238474
well i really enjoyed the beta up to the Timoshenko update.

From then on they definitely went on a nerfing spree, for instance with the ranged guns. Which is kind of okay, but i'd rather have larger maps and have them kept LR guns as easy to use, just with redesigned maps.

But as far as the lag, i've hardly had problems client-side. Source even gives me more trouble than h&g. It's just if you want less than 100ms ping to your server, you're gonna have a long wait where I live.
>>
Planetside 2 is still fairly popular for what it's worth. And I'd still gets updated regularly enough.

Unreal tournament 4 doesn't have many players at all but you can almost always find a match at least.
>>
>>333239202

planetside 2 is a game that died almost 2+ years ago m8, its even been sold off its basically abandon ware at this point being peddled as f2p....
>>
>>333239304
Op asked what games are populated. You can load up ps2 right now and find multiple huge fights.

What are you on about?
>>
>>333239567

Maybe its still got an active thriving community on consoles but online steam its been sitting at around 2.5k active players for almost a year. (started at around 40k at launch.)

2k players spread out over how many servers and worlds? games a dead mmofps bruh.
>>
>>333234669
I'm really sad in life right now but this image really inspired me man.
>>
>>333235673
>CLOSED

WHAT? I haven't played CA For like a year what happened? What about my raifu!

Pls respond
>>
>>333240824
Remember how the game was P2W and everyone complained about it right?

Well, they removed every single way that a penny affected gameplay, literally everything was available for free.
All weapons, cases, mutagens for free, rare weapons, etc.

Well, NXWhores got mad at it because all the money they invested in the game meant nothing now that everyone could get the same than them for free.
After 2 weeks of drama most of the NXwhores quit the game, and guess who kept the game alive?
With no income CA NA had to close and moved (Note moved, not merged) to CA EU.
>>
>>333229412
I think Halo CE is one of the oldest online vidya communities that still exist today.
>>
>>333240824
>>333241057
CA EU is horrible but atleast their ban system works.

Glitching, Cursing(Harrasing, shaming, stalking) are 30 days ban.
Fucking ragekicking can get you banned.
Teamkilling too.

Jewish tactics worse than CA NA, more expensive, BRS and turks, and russians.
Also nobody speaks english.
>>
>>333241057
I payed cuz it was a time where I thought the content of putting out was worth my time and money. I had enough fun with peeps to give to them. Don't give shit anymore.

do I still keep my perms?
>>
>>333241659
Yes.
>>
>>333241229
Nah there's some poorfag slavshits who still actively play quake 3
>>
>>333236545
shut the fuck up you uneducated nigger cuck.
>>
>>333241683
Oh okay, then no need to fret. Hopes to snag a good pistol but oh well..
>>
>>333236243
>>333234669
It's an indie game that will be played to this day.

modern indie game will last more 10 years.
>>
tactical fps >arena fps
just so we're all on the same page
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.