[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>switch to new job >damage becomes shit >gets killed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: Edea Monk.png (125 KB, 282x494) Image search: [Google]
Edea Monk.png
125 KB, 282x494
>switch to new job
>damage becomes shit
>gets killed by enemies that I was previously one-shotting

This game reminded me of the things I hate about RPGs
>>
>>333209247

Reminded you that you are horrible at them? You are just blaming the game and not your own inexperience. Pathetic.
>>
Second fixed it. They even joke about how inconvenient it was to change jobs in Default.
>>
>>333209247
>fight ends
>job levels up 4 times
>next fight you're stronger
>job levels 2 more times
>attack is basically the same as it was before unless its a new job that purposely gimps your attack

I never had a problem with it.
>>
>spear lore
>two-hand
>chivalry Stomp
>lu-bu's spear
You are set for half the game in any class you choose
You can bravex4 stomp everything
>>
>>333209247
git gud at calculating.
>>
Does Tiz live happily ever after with Agnes in this game?
That's all i need to know.
>>
>>333209247
Your damage scales with your job level. So you're going to be doing shit damage anytime you switch to a new job.
>>
>>333210194
There is a sequel (Bravely Second) that is coming out this month in NA. What do you think?
>>
>>333210021
How does calculating change the fact that your damage becomes shit, and you become shit when you switch to a new job.
>>
>>333209247
Grind
>>
>>333209247
tried game, immediately mastered the broken fight mechanics, big yawn
>>
File: 5.jpg (2 MB, 1074x1650) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
2 MB, 1074x1650
>>333209408
No, there are 2 things I hate about FF-style RPGs.

1. It's not about skill, it's about repetition. Winning isn't about reflex or skill, it's about how much time you put into grinding. Grinding doesn't mean you're getting better, it just means you repeated the same shit over and over to get better stats.
2. Artificial Difficulty. Something I always hated about these kind of RPGs. Combat is made so you pick text in menus, not you reacting to the danger and using skill to win.

Your characters STAND THERE and you have no choice but to get hit. You can't move them out of the way, you can't fucking react to anything or do anything that takes skill. It's the most retarded, most bullshit form of artificial difficulty. Why can't I fucking take 2 steps to the right and dodge an attack. The mere act of movement is limited.
>>
>>333210787
But I thought Flash perceived everything in attoseconds?
>>
>>333210194
Have you never played a jrpg?
>>
>>333210787
that's right! I thought this exact same thing the other day playing chess. taking turns, limited movement, boohoohoo the pawn's dead well no shit? couldn't chess be played by smashing the playing board on your opponent's cranium?

u literal fags lol!!
>>
>>333210787
It sound like you don't like turn-based RPGs in general.
>>
>>333210997
So Superman just moved faster, because that's his true power, being better.
>>
>>333211240
Not same guy but come on that isn't the same at all
>>
>>333211424
How is he still popular then? Thats like the definition of a special snowflake.
>>
>>333211445
It kind of is. He's asking for twitch-reaction gameplay in a game of tactics
>>
>>333210541
You can break the game that early?
>>
>>333211563
People who like him are either:
Retarded
Children
In it for the characterisation
>>
>>333211240
That is a retarded comparison and proves nothing.

>>333211307
I don't like having to switch jobs and my characters becoming shit.

Tiz was an ALPHA MALE who did 2000 damage with a punch. Edea was a pure maiden who did 2000 damage each turn. Now they just do 500 damage what the fuck is wrong with Japanese people
>>
>>333211696
got to the part where you leave the first piece of land and find a castle or whatever, it was shit by then for 2 reasons: 1. the combat's broken and has no sense and 2. the plot is unoriginal as hell
>>
>>333209408
He's not wrong. In BD job level was calculated in stats as well. So if you went from a job that's like level 9 to a job that's level 1, you're losing a pretty significant portion of your stats.

Switching jobs was annoying as fuck in BD because of this, required you to grind your job level until it got back to a decent amount and job level was a lot harder to grind than normal levels.
>>
>>333209247
I want to fuck Edea full-nelson style in that outfit.
>>
>>333212007
Oh, so you haven't gotten passed the prologue, okay.
>>
>>333209840
That's only good for single enemies, what's the go-to cheesy AoE way?
I run Pastissier's fire one with atk+20%, three weapons and dualwield but fire a shit.
>>
>>333212007
>the combat's broken and has no sense
Explain.
>>
>>333212007
If you didn't like the writing.

You are missing NOTHING.

That is literally the only thing that is worth going on in BD.
>>
>>333212091
They ran Mrgrgr to the ground for Second and she's lost a lot of her appeal. Like, every other sentence she Mrgrgrs, even Profiteur laughs at her for that.
>>
So, I'm playing through this game, too and I'm not having a rough time with it at all. Especially not with job switching. It's pretty comfy actually.

I'm at chapter 1 and I just found the big ass wind crystal that turned off.
>>
>>333212394
Wait, people actually like the writing in this game?

I thought the appeal was the job system for those people who love to grind. The story and characters in this game are extremely bland even by jrpg standards
>>
>>333212301
>valk ability
>two handed
>decent spear
You don't even have to level the valkyrie class since you get the skill you need at lv 1.
>>
>>333212439
I'd still mr her grgrs.
>>
>>333211563

Good Superman writing doesn't focus on the danger to him, as usually anything that is seems forced, but to the danger his threats pose to everyone else, and how he has to use his unique and over powered abilities to save as many people as possible with little to no collateral damage.

There's an awesome quote in Justice League, when he's fighting Darkseid. He says something along the lines that his struggle is that he lives in a world made of cardboard, and he has to hold back constantly to make sure he doesn't hurt or kill even his enemies, but with Darkseid he had a unique opportunity to go all out.

If anything, Superman needs to have more loss in his stories. It needs to have Superman struggle with how as powerful as he is, casualties are unavoidable. Make stories where he has to choose in a split second which people to save, and focus on the psychological ramifications it has on him after. Show the loss and connections the person who he couldn't save has. The friends and family. And then even have the person he did save end up committing a crime or something. There's a lot of potential with a super powered being in a world of glass, but I don't feel there's enough stories that really do it justice.
>>
>>333213547
Who wouldn't, but BD>BS Edea.
>>
>>333209247
>Have 60+ hours in the game
>Doing fine
>Come across this thread
Nah OP you just suck.
>>
>>333212837
I played for the jobs but I don't like BD's implementation of it very much
>>
File: your to slo.gif (631 KB, 424x324) Image search: [Google]
your to slo.gif
631 KB, 424x324
>>333212007
Can we talk about the shitty world map speed? Because holy fuck, pic related
>>
>>333210787
Welcome to jrpgs.
>>
>>333216258
>world map speed
Any other non-issues you want to address? I don't know anyone who likes to spend too much time on the world map of all things.
>>
Bravely Default is a shit game.
>>
>>333212830
>Chapter 1
>thinks his opinion matters
>>
File: yare yare.png (367 KB, 994x469) Image search: [Google]
yare yare.png
367 KB, 994x469
>>333217416
Until you get the airship, it takes way too long to get anywhere on the world map. Even when you get the airship, it moves like a fucking flying snail. It's fine in dungeons, but the world map is way too big for you to be moving that slow.
>>
>It's a OP is stupid and blame the game thread
>>
>>333217701
Don't be like that, I see fags here pan games after only playing a few hours (any FF game comes to mind), but god forbid any good impressions.
>>
Catmancer has got to be the dumbest fucking job holy shit. It pains me to see Edea look so stupid and needing resources to do blue mage shit is just so annoying.

But holy hell is the physical damage game ridiculous, especially if you put an axe on their head. If only costumes weren't so expensive.
>>
>>333211959
Because they are using techniques that they aren't as proficient with.
>>
>>333209247
Forehead
>>
REPLY TO MY THREAD
>>333217886
>>
>>333209247
Congratulations on not liking a game, anon. You have wont 1 (one) free /v/eekend for free here on /V/
>>
>>333210997

That's a meme and he was bluffing.
>>
>>333209247
>This game reminded me of the things I hate about RPGs

A feature unique to Bravely default reminded you of things from other games?

Other games with job systems don't affect your damage input/output based on job level like BD does.
>>
>>333217840
but teleport pig makes almost all distances laughable?
>>
>>333212301
dark knight with two handed. aoe blast niggas
>>
>>333210787
>It's not about skill, it's about repetition

Thats you being bad

>Your characters STAND THERE and you have no choice but to get hit.

Almost like it's a turn based game or something. Cast blink faggot
>>
Fuck, I'm getting trashed by the swordmaster and his gang on chapter 8, how do I git gud against them?
>>
>>333219326
rape the minions and wait until he braves normal attacks so you can widen his butthole while he is in minus
>>
>>333210787
A good RPG will allow you to beat the game with zero grinding, as long as you're good at strategy. Being able to grind isn't necessary in that case, but simply makes things easier if you're having a tough time.
Be careful when you just say all there is to RPGs is grinding, because if you're playing an RPG where grinding isn't required you actually just suck at planning. You are complaining about a mechanic that actually allows you to finish the game without realizing that it's actually a crutch that you need to win.
>>
>>333219881
That anon doesn't seem to know anything about RPGs. He needs experience and not the kind for the player characters.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.